[Report] Boeser Dealing with a Blood Clotting Issue

speedy recovery to boeser hope he's ready by training camp.. as for replacement.. i mean it should be lekkerimaki right?? we can't afford to have more grinders in the top 6.. unless he wants to go with garland miller joshua hoglander ep lindholm and then whoever left for the bottom 6

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

speedy recovery to boeser hope he's ready by training camp.. as for replacement.. i mean it should be lekkerimaki right?? we can't afford to have more grinders in the top 6.. unless he wants to go with garland miller joshua hoglander ep lindholm and then whoever left for the bottom 6

As much as a part of me would love it…is it really fair to drop a kid like Lekk who hasn’t seen a single minute of NHL action right into a Game 7? 

I’m soooo conflicted.

Edited by Locke Lamora

Just now, Locke Lamora said:

As much as a part of me would love it…is it really fair to drop a kid like Lekk who hasn’t seen a single minute of NHL action right into a Game 7? 

I’m soooo conflicted.

you drop whoever gives you the best chance.. i don't think dropping another grinder in the top 6 is going to help especially with our inability to generate shots already and a horrific looking pp

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

Why would it be Lek?  He did nothing in his short stint in Abby........why would be the guy in game 7?  I don't not see it being Mik, but if it wasn't, lek is a ways down the depth chart

Karlsson

Bains

Raty

Dries

Klim

Lek

Edited by stawns

Posted (edited)

Everybody is assuming a blood clot, but it could very well be the opposite.  Viruses can result in thrombocytopenia, which is a significant drop in platelet levels.  This happened to my daughter last year.  It is generally not life threatening, but sometimes may require a blood transfusion to get platelet levels back up to a safe range (which is what my daughter ended up having).  Would take a couple weeks for the numbers to climb though.  Either way, hoping for a speedy recovery for Brock.  We will need him as part of our core moving forward.

EDIT: Sorry I should clarify since it isn't obvious.  Platelets are what the body needs to allow blood to clot from injuries.

Edited by HKSR
  • Thanks 2

49 minutes ago, stawns said:

Why would it be Lek?  He did nothing in his short stint in Abby........why would be the guy in game 7?  I don't not see it being Mik, but if it wasn't, lek is a ways down the depth chart

Karlsson

Bains

Raty

Dries

Klim

Lek

coz lek is literally the only forward on the list that have top 6 skill potential and IQ??? the rest of them i would gladly plug in the bottom 6 if needed? if you are putting players in your top 6 based on experience rather than skills.. then i dunno what to say.. it's like putting more square pegs into round holes.. replacing boeser's scoring ability with another grinder will sure make this team better right.

4 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

coz lek is literally the only forward on the list that have top 6 skill potential and IQ??? the rest of them i would gladly plug in the bottom 6 if needed? if you are putting players in your top 6 based on experience rather than skills.. then i dunno what to say.. it's like putting more square pegs into round holes.. replacing boeser's scoring ability with another grinder will sure make this team better right.

Karlsson, Raty and Bains all had 50+ point seasons in the AHL, playing the Canucks system. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Pirata Morado said:

Sad to hear these.  I just hope he and the team sue the league for pushing that stupid vax mandate that has so many people suffering from these blood clots.

There's a whole host of reasons why people could develop blood clots. As somebody who works in multiple hospital labs I've seen zero upticks in blood clots occuring in younger populations. I have seen cardiomegaly tick up a bit though, admittedly.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, stawns said:

Karlsson, Raty and Bains all had 50+ point seasons in the AHL, playing the Canucks system. 

dont want any of em, AHL and NHL are 2 different sunshines ....i wouldnt mind lakker playing with EP40 maybe might spurse him up, lakker was called up with the rest of em, so he could play

42 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Everybody is assuming a blood clot, but it could very well be the opposite.  Viruses can result in thrombocytopenia, which is a significant drop in platelet levels.  This happened to my daughter last year.  It is generally not life threatening, but sometimes may require a blood transfusion to get platelet levels back up to a safe range (which is what my daughter ended up having).  Would take a couple weeks for the numbers to climb though.  Either way, hoping for a speedy recovery for Brock.  We will need him as part of our core moving forward.

EDIT: Sorry I should clarify since it isn't obvious.  Platelets are what the body needs to allow blood to clot from injuries.

Blood clots in professional hockey players are more common then in the general public, or even other professional athletes. The mix between overly developed muscles in the legs, constant contusions from pucks, sticks, and players, and frequently flying leads hockey players to abnormal amount of issues with DVTs. This isn't new, this is something we've been aware of in sports medicine for a long time.

Obviously we don't know for sure it's a clotting issue, but with limited information it's a decent bet.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

34 minutes ago, Déjà Vu said:

dont want any of em, AHL and NHL are 2 different sunshines ....i wouldnt mind lakker playing with EP40 maybe might spurse him up, lakker was called up with the rest of em, so he could play

He could, but why, when there's better, more experienced players?

46 minutes ago, stawns said:

cool it's the ahl guadette is #3 and lind is #6 goal scorer.. what have that translate to in the NHL? nothing.. just coz you can score in the AHL doesn't = you are skilled... we had reid boucher.. over a ppg guy in utica.. wasn't even good enough to make the canucks

• Cheers 2

3 hours ago, Pirata Morado said:

Sad to hear these.  I just hope he and the team sue the league for pushing that stupid vax mandate that has so many people suffering from these blood clots.

Look here, we have a resident CDC doctor here. Did you get your PHD from Dr. Recchi?

• Like 1
  • Wiener 1

3 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

cool it's the ahl guadette is #3 and lind is #6 goal scorer.. what have that translate to in the NHL? nothing.. just coz you can score in the AHL doesn't = you are skilled... we had reid boucher.. over a ppg guy in utica.. wasn't even good enough to make the canucks

And Karlsson was an elite scorer in the SHL, no?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, stawns said:

And Karlsson was an elite scorer in the SHL, no?

as an overage rookie? he break pettersson's record while what? 3-4 years older? lekkerimaki have 15 less points than karlsson did in his shl career.. while 3 years younger.. their talent level is not even comparable

• Cheers 1