[Report] Boeser Dealing with a Blood Clotting Issue

1 hour ago, wai_lai416 said:

coz lek is literally the only forward on the list that have top 6 skill potential and IQ??? the rest of them i would gladly plug in the bottom 6 if needed? if you are putting players in your top 6 based on experience rather than skills.. then i dunno what to say.. it's like putting more square pegs into round holes.. replacing boeser's scoring ability with another grinder will sure make this team better right.

His 2 points in 6 AHL games aren't exactly screaming thrown me into game 7 NHL Playoffs. Lekkerimaki will take time to become an impact player. I don't think this is the right moment. Let's not do anything rash we got this. 

Proposed lineup with Brock out

Joshua Miller Garland

Hogs Lindholm Pete

Suter Blueger PDG have been great on the PK and have proven they can hold the fort. 

It sucks losing Boser but I think we are able to shuffle up our depth is still decent with a rolling 4th line of Mik, Lafferty, Pod, Karlsson, Aman. We can beat them!

My heart goes out to Brock things were just starting to break his way again. Wish him a full and speedy recovery. 

• Cheers 2

5 hours ago, SilentSam said:

FED637F2-62EE-4670-9128-0733D5AC3F30.thumb.jpeg.da3d356d7f728ac2071dd1551b83b56f.jpeg

Side point: Boeser has 7 goals and 5 assists - 12 points in 12 games. Very good! But not the crazy numbers Elliotte stated.

Feel for Boeser, but hopefully this is a temporary issue and he's back and ready to (B)rock next year.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, LaBamba said:

As I had mentioned in the GTD. Believe what you want, it’s a free country

If recent events have taught us anything, it's that a large number of people are trying very hard to change this, with a certain level of success

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Drive-By Body Pierce said:

Except that if the clot breaks loose from wherever it is and gets to the heart, serious issues can happen very quickly.

I understand how a DVT works and that isn’t it. 
It is described as a blood clotting issue and everyone here assumes it is a clot but that description does not mean that and it doesn’t necessarily mean it is a DVT which is what everyone is assuming although getting the consequences wrong. 
A blood clotting issue could be a bleeding problem, it could be a superficial thrombophlebitis it could be any number of things. 

All I said is without more details the report is useless and we shouldn’t jump to conclusions. 

Edited by DrJockitch
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, DrJockitch said:

I understand how a DVT works and that isn’t it. 
It is described as a blood clotting issue and everyone here assumes it is a clot but that description does not mean that and it doesn’t necessarily mean it is a DVT which is what everyone is assuming although getting the consequences wrong. 
A blood clotting issue could be a bleeding problem, it could be a superficial thrombophlebitis it could be any number of things. 

All I said is without more details the report is useless and we shouldn’t jump to conclusions. 

Everything coming out about the issue sounds likes it's a DVT. That paired with how professional hockey players have always had an increased risk of DVT due to a multitude of factors, it's a pretty fair assumption.

• Cheers 1

56 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

Everything coming out about the issue sounds likes it's a DVT. That paired with how professional hockey players have always had an increased risk of DVT due to a multitude of factors, it's a pretty fair assumption.

Yes, now that more info has come out, but at the time I made the comment no info was out.

I was also being explained by non medical people wrong information about how a DVT works.

10 minutes ago, Canuck You said:

I'm glad they caught it, That's how I lost my dad..It went to his brain and he had a stroke. Hope we win for him and Brock!

That wasn’t a DVT it was probably a clot from A. fib and left atrium from your description. 
DVT are in the venous system, essentially the other side of the heart, when they break off they go to the lungs and also can be very deadly. 
Treatment is very similar in that you tend to use the same drugs. 

Sorry got technical there, sorry about your dad, strokes can be terrible way to go.  Watch your blood pressure as that is what typically leads to atrial fibrillation. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

Posted (edited)

Feel bad about questioning his speed last game. It all makes sense now that I know he was starting to feel the effects last game. My question is why did he continue to play if he started to feel the effects?

That report was apparently inaccurate. Nvm.

Edited by Rush

4 minutes ago, Rush said:

Feel bad about questioning his speed last game. It all makes sense now that I know he was starting to feel the effects last game. My question is why did he continue to play if he started to feel the effects?

That report was apparently inaccurate. Nvm.

This had to effect the whole line. No wonder the line was questionable uggh

This is what I mean about people just talking about "effort". As if there is nothing else to it but effort. Jesus christ 

• ThereItIs 1

9 hours ago, mikey said:

Oh well always next year! If we manage to win, we will get killed in Dallas 

No we won't. We swept this Dallas core in the Boudreau/Green era. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Blue said:

This had to effect the whole line. No wonder the line was questionable uggh

This is what I mean about people just talking about "effort". As if there is nothing else to it but effort. Jesus christ 

Depending on severity he may not have noticed more than some swelling and tenderness. Given all the hacks, whacks and cheap shots that we have taken,it may not have seemed all that significant for a while.

Can’t remember if he specifically took any hard shots or hacks off his leg as traumatic event to the leg would be most likely cause since the flights to Edmonton are fairly short. 

• Upvote 1

This just sucks so much. With everything he's had to deal with the last few years. He has his best season, and is absolutely killing it in the playoffs, now this is thrown at him. Can't help but feel for the guy............ think I'm going to wear my Boeser jersey tonight. Win it for Brock!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Psylocke said:

Report: Boeser likely out rest of playoffs with blood clot

Man, I feel so sorry for Brock. He's been through so much. 😞

So....I was trying to find out this.  If he'd be back this playoffs sometime.  Apparently not. 😢

Without Demko or Boeser, even if we manage to win tonight, it would be a tough slough against Dallas

When I heard it was not life threatening, and not too serious for him, Dr. Kilgore at first was hoping it was just a case of blood thinning drugs to flush it out, a week of rest, and he'd be good to go.  But I only play doctor in this post. So I guess not. 🙁

• Sad 1

Obviously terrible thing to happen to Brock at the worst time, the height of his career arguably. Hope he comes back next year at some point. Boeser has been our best player this post-season so losing our 2 best players, our season is essentially done. Imagine what Edmonton would be like without McDavid and Draisaitl - that's Boeser and Demko for this team.

I wonder if this means we put Brock on LTIR and find a way to sign Lindholm?