[PGT]Round 2, Game 7 - Canucks vs Oilers - May 20th, 2024

MikeyD

Also did anybody notice the Canucks didn't get a single shot after coach Knoblauch called a time out?

Maybe Rick could learn something there!

Probably won't but he has a chance!

Congrats on a great season, boys 

Yes, I know we had 2011, but I have never been more proud of this team. We played the right way and proved a lot of people wrong 

Hopefully management now knows where the gaps are and what changes we need to make to build this team to make a deeper run, but this was a great season 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Underdogs for a reason.  

Missed opportunities for sure, Game 2 OT, Game 4 last min goal.  

Injuries a huge issue, and we will know soon.

QH, EP, have more gears to reach.  Sometimes you need to lose before win.  Lot of offseason prep and training to get to that next level 

Will be an interesting off season.  This management has been excellent in finding talent that fits, and not afraid to trade out players not helpful.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

Bad call to bring both Mikheyev and Lafferty in the game! Teams been struggling all playoffs to get shots and generate offence and we put in 2 guys that bring no offence. Also putting one of them on the 1rst line to boot!

Both also made crucial game changer plays, Miky with the miss and laff with the tripping penalty 

• Tank 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Petey needs better wingers, whatever it takes to get his confidence up. 

Petey is going to come back a monster next year. I'm sure of it. But we do need to find him a duo winger. Miller has Boeser, Petey needs a solid winger that he can play the season with. Maybe that's who we trade Hronek for.

• Cheers 1

Posted (edited)

I think our unwillingness to shoot the puck, and to actually hit the damn net, is what ultimately cost us this series. PK Subban was right, we completely let Stuart Skinner off the hook, we should’ve been peppering him from everywhere. But nope, gotta pass, pass, pass and then when it is there? Rip it off the glass. Good season, lots to be proud of, the lesson? SEIZE opportunities, they aren’t given to you. 

Edited by whcanuck
  • Like 2
  • Vintage 1

Got a lot of work to do this offseason. Hopefully they can improve this team! We’re close and with the UFA’s, Pettersson raise and OEL buyout penalty it’s going to be tough! Hopefully the guys we want to retain take a little less but seeing Pettersson get what he got I doubt it!

4 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

Bad call to bring both Mikheyev and Lafferty in the game! Teams been struggling all playoffs to get shots and generate offence and we put in 2 guys that bring no offence. Also putting one of them on the 1rst line to boot!

Who would they have brought in? Podz added nothing when he did play, Bains is another PDG right now. Lek? Not even one NHL game yet. They had no one else