[PGT]Round 2, Game 7 - Canucks vs Oilers - May 20th, 2024

MikeyD

8 minutes ago, NHL97OneTimer said:

I feel like he was never the same after his fine......how many big hits did you see after that?  I don't think it was the $5000.....I think it's likely what the league may have said to him.

I'm pretty sure our team got a stern warning. Don't you dare touch the golden boys.

And they got away with so much crap. But...whatever. They'll get theirs.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

7 minutes ago, NHL97OneTimer said:

The Canucks could look largely different in October though depending on what management can do.

It will be really interesting. So many free agents. They will resign 17 but possible 4dman don't come back.

1 minute ago, chris12345 said:

How about training? Assuming won't be a good summer?

For sure.  If it's a distal DVT, that would be a good sign and a better predictor of quicker return to activity, but if it's more proximal (higher up the leg), it will be a more difficult return.  Not enough info released but the average symptomatic DVT will be at least 3 months of treatment plus rehab.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, andrea84 said:

I felt the same way. But also it could have been that big risky hits are more tolerable at the start of a series when you're trying to assert your presence and you haven't adapted a formal system against a team yet. Big hits while fun for fans are awesome because they make a big noise and look wild, but ultimately I doubt they have any real effect against players who are physically trained to hilt and padded up the ying yang; they can bounce back up and score the same or next shift as if it never happened.  

Have you ever played hockey???

Sorry buddy, but your facts are completely wrong.  You get hit by a 260 lb guy at 25 mph X 2 you feel it... at minimum you have bruises and aches and pains for the next couple days.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, PeteyBoeser said:

McDavid and Draisaitl were invisible tonight and yet they won. Their depth is better. Stars have aging stars. I don’t know. Oilers are special this year. 

Dallas has eight players with 20+ goals, six of them had 25+

Dallas has eleven players with 10+ goals

The depth ain't particularly close

Edited by Coconuts
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Geran said:

Tocchet in my eyes is the reason we lost game 7. Putting Mikheyev with Miller and Petey set the tone for the game. Höglander scores last game and gets demoted to the 4th line...

Sure you can make the argument that a stale PP and not playing 60 minutes hockey is the reason we lost. I still believe we could have won this game if we actually had a offensive mindset this game instead of thinking defense all the time.

Last 2 games we played not to lose rather then going for the win. Only when  we had nothing to loose did our offense start to work.

Anyways proud of what the boys achieved this season.

They're missing pieces up front.  A GM can only do so much in a year.  Allvin did wonders with the D and they were solid down the middle.  Now this offseason, he'll have the chance to fill some more holes.  Cap constraints will make things more difficult

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, DarthMelvin said:

I think Myers, Lafferty,  Cole and maybe Hronek all played their last game as a nuck. 

I though Meyers redeemed himself during the playoffs so unless he is part of a package, might be worth keeping. Priority has to be getting a player to complement Petey. This would elevate him and potentially solve some of the massive power play issues. Easier said than done so will be an interesting off season.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, NucksFan said:

I bet Petey has a new respect and appreciation for the market after they were cheering his name,  showing support for him in a couple games 

I mean .. pretty sure they chanted his name the first game he ever played after he scored. 

He hasn't been hearing his name chanted because he hasn't been playing inspired hockey the last few years... i mean even with 100 pts and 89pts the last couple years.. does he ever look that dominant or exciting? Like a game breaker?  If he played the way he did his first couple years.. just with the added veteran experience they'd be chanting his name every night and it would be for real chants an not pity chants like he's a kid that needs encouragement. 

For everyong gizzing their pants about how bad Petey was. 

McDavid this series:

game 1 — 1 point

game 2 — 4 points

game 3 — 0 points

game 4 — 1 points

game 5 — 0 points

game 6 — 3 points

game 7 — 0 points

First time McDavid has had 3 pointless games since Anaheim in 2017.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

I have faith in our management. They're winners. They walked their talk and got us this far. 

Only 5 months until October.

Only thing I hate about summer… way too long without hockey, I hate the wait 

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

47 minutes ago, PeteyBoeser said:

Maybe we put him LTIr and get some cap to sign our players. He gets ready for next years playoffs somewhat fresh! 

Interesting silver lining.

I'm sure we'd lose a draft pick over it though :classic_wink:

13 minutes ago, RWJC said:

Yeah but Raty and Bains have no clue or experience of familiarity playing with the big club players let alone the system. Yes it’s similar in Abby, but that system is played against AHL players. Major difference. 
He had no real choice unless we had worked in some real reps for black aces earlier in the year in order to prep, but given our successes and relatively low injuries there wasn’t going to be much opportunity to do so for a sizeable chunk of games.

Bingo.  Mik and Laf are the two quickest players on our team.  They are pro hockey players.  Hard to blame the coach for them whiffing on glorious chances.  No way you play Raty and or Bains unless we lose 3 or 4 players at once from injuries.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

47 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

Right now would you trade Kuzy for Lindy straight up? I wouldn't. 

I'd take Kuzmenko, a 1st round pick, and two prospects.

• Confused 1
  • Cheers 1

43 minutes ago, NoCupSyndrome said:

He's the freaking greatest, love how he turned it around.

Garland is a beauty… he’s got game… he didn’t quit

40 minutes ago, Dangnabit said:

Is anyone able to make that Homer Simpson bushes gif with it switching from Canucks to Stars?   I know I'm supposed to want Canada to win the cup but I just can't do it for the oilers...

Well the owner of the Dallas Stars lives in Shaughnessy near Granville and 18th in Vancouver… It’s OK to cheer for the Dallas Stars because the owner is from Vancouver

• Cheers 1