[PGT]Round 2, Game 7 - Canucks vs Oilers - May 20th, 2024

MikeyD

2 minutes ago, CanuckDownUnder said:

I though Meyers redeemed himself during the playoffs so unless he is part of a package, might be worth keeping. Priority has to be getting a player to complement Petey. This would elevate him and potentially solve some of the massive power play issues. Easier said than done so will be an interesting off season.

Myers is a ufa

4 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

It is what it is baby, Petey stunk. Not worth cuddling.

ba3d7e65-d11f-4523-ac69-102a9091a30c_text.gif

No he didn't.... was the best Canuck forward in the game.

Didn't have the greatest playoffs or series, but I suspect we may hear something about that.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

I'm pretty sure our team got a stern warning. Don't you dare touch the golden boys.

And they got away with so much crap. But...whatever. They'll get theirs.

Yeah, no. Zero chance they said that. It is 1000x more likely that Tocchet told him to focus more on making sound defensive plays instead of taking useless shots at players that could cost them a penalty. 

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

6 minutes ago, chris12345 said:

It will be really interesting. So many free agents. They will resign 17 but possible 4dman don't come back.

And Hronek will be one of them who comes back. It is amazing how so many people are being delusional about this. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

But the Oilers sat back and almost blew a 3 goal lead. I love that the team didn't roll over and just die. Had they come out with that confidence/intensity sooner, this might've ended differently.

They're not quite the powerhouse everyone makes them out to be. Just about blew it.

No argument from me. We needed to come out differently and came up short. It was a great season and playoff run. Hard fought. A lot of positives. 

Oilers will be hard pressed to beat the Stars.

• Cheers 1

Great season! Great turnaround.

Injuries were not really an issue.

Need some tweaking in the roster.

Edmonton played a good pressure game.

Conditioning might be an issue for us.

Go canucks go!

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Coryberg said:

Take Bouchard, mcdavid or draisaitl away and we win this series in 6. They played the crap out of thei fab 5, their bench stepped up in the last few games but they were playing their top guys 25-29 minutes a game in the first 5.

Dallas has 8 20 Goal scorers, a wayyyyy better defense and skinner is pathetic. Oilers were lucky to squeeze the series won against a beat up canucks team.

"The Oilers are who we thought they were!!!"Minnesota Vikings Football GIF

Dallas was/is always beating whoever came out of this series.

I just wanted us to beat the Oilers, because we'd put up a fight against Dallas.

Oilers have two amazing players who will be completely neutralized, and they also have no answer for the entire rest of the Dallas roster.

They about to get Mirp'd hard. He's their Hughes but... bigger.

• Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, canuck73 said:

Great season! Great turnaround.

Injuries were not really an issue.

Need some tweaking in the roster.

Edmonton played a good pressure game.

Conditioning might be an issue for us.

Go canucks go!

Injuries not an issue????

Demko didn't play.  If he plays, we win.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

6 minutes ago, NHL97OneTimer said:

We need 21 guys with his attitude......passionate about the game, the team and now the city.  Big guy with skill who's built for the playoffs.  Already one of the best trades in Canucks history.

But many here wanted him traded last season.  Just like many want EP gone now.  

• Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, Blue said:

And Hronek will be one of them who comes back. It is amazing how so many people are being delusional about this. 

Sure he will. But at the moment no contract. RFA is different but still will take work to get it done.

1 minute ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

No he didn't.... was the best Canuck forward in the game.

Didn't have the greatest playoffs or series, but I suspect we may hear something about that.

He was good for one game outta 13. Lol. He stunk.

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

16 minutes ago, Blue said:

You are living in some fantasyland where you can somehow trade a RHD for a better RHD. Any RHD that is better than Hronek isn't going to be available. Period. 

Yes but at the same time I ain't gonna be fine paying Hronek 8 million per. 

• Cheers 2

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

I'm pretty sure our team got a stern warning. Don't you dare touch the golden boys.

And they got away with so much crap. But...whatever. They'll get theirs.

Yeah exactly I honestly believe that this series was completely biased towards the oilers… It’s hard not to believe that hard not to see that… I fucking hate Oilers - I hate the NHL - it’s a shit league - with the history we’ve had with Sutherland can’t believe they actually scheduled him to ref game two… The Coilers got away with so much crap

it’s probably the Gretzky Messier factor

Edited by I.AM.THE.WALRUS
  • ThereItIs 1

8 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

They're missing pieces up front.  A GM can only do so much in a year.  Allvin did wonders with the D and they were solid down the middle.  Now this offseason, he'll have the chance to fill some more holes.  Cap constraints will make things more difficult

remember what JR blatantly said:

”if everything goes right this team can make the playoffs”

that statement occurred in context with them explaining they were still in early stages of the time it will take to correctly build this club. They’ve done a damn good job and I expect more of the plan will come to fruition this offseason, though it might prove a little strenuous 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, JeremyCuddles said:

He was good for one game outta 13. Lol. He stunk.

He was the best forward last game too... for the first period... then like the rest of the team he disappeared.

But still was the best overall forward.

7 minutes ago, NHL97OneTimer said:

For sure.  If it's a distal DVT, that would be a good sign and a better predictor of quicker return to activity, but if it's more proximal (higher up the leg), it will be a more difficult return.  Not enough info released but the average symptomatic DVT will be at least 3 months of treatment plus rehab.

One of the local sports reporters posted that they talked to Dr.( can’t remember the name ) and he said that blood thinners work really well and that it could be possible they could ultrasound next day and clot could be gone and if that happened things could be good  going forward quickly , fwiw