[PGT]Round 2, Game 7 - Canucks vs Oilers - May 20th, 2024

MikeyD

5 minutes ago, I_AM_CANUCKIAN said:

Sorry yall.  Tried to bring everything I had as a fan.   Almost got in a fight with some douchebag oilers fans but removed myself as I'm with my mum.  Fuck, we couldn't get bothered comeback but I am so proud of this group.  We still kept coming back and didn't quit.  I met a lot of new Canucks fans during the game.

Voice gone 

So proud.

Glad you didn't fight those idiot Oilers fans. They're not worth it. Let them wallow in their tears when Dallas picks their team apart. 

Can't wait to see McDavid and Draisaitl shed tears. Oh, sweet revenge.

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Posted (edited)

Well it’s been a pleasure guys, going through this journey and together on this forum. 

WHAT a Fucking ride this has been! 

I will be in Vancouver for some time for work.  I have lots of traveling the next 12 months. Message me, we can have some beers and steak it’s on me.  

All in ALL,  Love Y’all, have a wonderful Summer!

Edited by The Aquaman
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 2

6 minutes ago, RWJC said:

Guentzel is apparently already working on an extension in CAR. It’s why Pesce and a few others are likely being let go

well that sucks. 

Canucks need to add more offensive punch. Where they going to look at free agency for that? 

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, chris12345 said:

Guentzel is better for sure but almost double the coin?

More yes, but probably not double. I suspect Guentzel might come in at around 9-9.5, Tofolli maybe close to 6. I'd be willing sacrifice Joshua to help pay the difference. Guentzel instantly gives us two potent scoring pairs: Petey-Geuntzel and Miller-Boeser. 

Edited by syntheticity

15 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Yeah, this will all become even more evident in the offseason and we make moves. We're good. We can be even better. This was part of getting there. 

And ... like you say ...

Fuck Edmonton! 

I wonder if there's ever been a team that didn't have to face these kinds of losses before getting over the hump? 

Just now, N4ZZY said:

well that sucks. 

Canucks need to add more offensive punch. Where they going to look at free agency for that? 

I think it is better to look for less expensive players... and work on developing our own guys in Abby.

We spent a lot of draft picks acquiring Z and Lindholm... first thing we should do is try to re-sign them instead of spending a lot for Free Agents.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, N4ZZY said:

well that sucks. 

It’s not going to be an easy fix. It’s why Lindholm may be extended here because outside options are either untenable and costly or simply unavailable

Just now, N4ZZY said:

I wonder if there's ever been a team that didn't have to face these kinds of losses before getting over the hump? 

The way I look at it is this management group is obviously unbelievable at pro scouting, they’re going to replace what they can’t sign and sign what they can’t replace. 

• ThereItIs 1

At the beginning of the year I was hoping they would just be in the mix for the playoffs. Come playoffs I was just hoping they would win a round. 

What an incredible season and one I'll try to remember to cherish. They've got something to build on. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Glad you didn't fight those idiot Oilers fans. They're not worth it. Let them wallow in their tears when Dallas picks their team apart. 

Can't wait to see McDavid and Draisaitl shed tears. Oh, sweet revenge.

I didn't even get it.  Wad just cheering our boys and these guys behind us.  I could care less about them, then when it was 3-0 this idiot comes across my back asking where my top scorer is?  I was like what the fuck man, I ain't said a word to you bitch boy.  I'm with my mother.  I'll still smack the comment out your mouth.   Then saw mum and just walked away to the stairs before I beat his ass..

2 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Not many. I was curious if the parity in the league changed that or at least shortened the runs over that hump. We'll see. 

7 minutes ago, syntheticity said:

More yes, but probably not double. I suspect Guentzel might come in at around 9-9.5, Tofolli maybe close to 6. I'd be willing sacrifice Joshua to help pay the difference. Guentzel instantly gives us two potent scoring pairs: Petey-Geuntzel and Miller-Boeser. 

heard another poster saying that Guentzel might be in contract extension talks with Carolina. 

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, RWJC said:

Guentzel is apparently already working on an extension in CAR. It’s why Pesce and a few others are likely being let go

They'll try for sure. But they also need a right handed center and were in on Lindy at the deadline. As good as Lindy was for us in the playoffs, I think a scoring winger for Petey is a bigger need for us. If Lindy asks for more than 8m, then I'd be open trading his rights to the Hurricanes for Guentzel's rights. 

Edited by syntheticity
  • Cheers 1

Just now, N4ZZY said:

Very few teams go from not making the playoffs to winning the Cup.

I can't think of any... but you might find one if you look through the records.

Even the Oilers under Gretzy had a couple years of failure... they were beaten 4-0 in the Final by the Islanders in '83 the year before they first won in '84.  In '82 they were eliminated in the first round by LA.

7 minutes ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

I think it is better to look for less expensive players... and work on developing our own guys in Abby.

We spent a lot of draft picks acquiring Z and Lindholm... first thing we should do is try to re-sign them instead of spending a lot for Free Agents.

Who else in Abby has top-six potential other than Lekkerimäki? Podkolzin feels like he'll never get there. Lekkerimäki probably also needs one season in Abby; I don't think he makes it onto the main roster next season. 

But you gotta find someone to help Petey offensively. 

I’m just gonna say this and likely will be roasted for it, but I do not underestimate the trigger finger of PAJR. If we had serious discussions with teams about EP prior to him being extended, and his new contract for some odd reason involves his first full season without any trade/movement protection, it alludes to me that PAJR want to keep their own options open when it comes to the entire roster, even EP.

Just a very strange aspect of the contract to me given how EP at times has appeared to be unhappy with himself here. 

It’s a reach yes but it’s not speculation, it’s fact that we control him completely next season. 

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, syntheticity said:

They'll try for sure. But they also need a right handed center and were in on Lindy at the deadline. As good as Lindy was for us in the playoffs, I think a scoring winger for Petey is a bigger need for us. If Lindy asks for more than 8m, then I'd be open trading his rights to the Panthers for Guentzel's rights. 

Guentzel plays for Carolina, not Florida? lol. 

1 minute ago, RWJC said:

I’m just gonna say this and likely will be roasted for it, but I do not underestimate the trigger finger of PAJR. If we had serious discussions with teams about EP prior to him being extended, and his new contract for some odd reason involves his first full season without any trade/movement protection, it alludes to me that PAJR want to keep their own options open when it comes to the entire roster, even EP.

Just a very strange aspect of the contract to me given how EP at times has appeared to be unhappy with himself here. 

It’s a reach yes but it’s not speculation, it’s fact that we control him completely next season. 

I think you're out to lunch. Petey's first "real" playoffs, he'll be fine moving forward. 

• Upvote 1

There were a lot of nice oilers fans though so I aint calling them all out.  But those idiots were lucky they apologized.  I don't care if I'm solo and with my mum.

That being said, it shouldn't  be like that. But they brought the disrespect.   Whatever.

It's been a pretty unreal season.. A lot of optimism surrounding the Canucks considering where this team was a year ago. 

I think this team still needs a couple of significant pieces to be considered a true cup contender, so we're an interesting team to keep an eye on over the offseason.

Really proud of our core guys and hope they can continue improving.

4 minutes ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

Very few teams go from not making the playoffs to winning the Cup.

I can't think of any... but you might find one if you look through the records.

Even the Oilers under Gretzy had a couple years of failure... they were beaten 4-0 in the Final by the Islanders in '83 the year before they first won in '84.  In '82 they were eliminated in the first round by LA.

That's the thing. I can't think of any teams going from missing playoffs for years, and then winning it all in one year. 

Like yourself, most teams need to go through a couple years of learning the hard lessons, before they break through. Dallas, I feel is ready to break through. Edmonton, not yet, but that's less about going through the hard years, and it's more that their roster isn't constructed very well. 

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

heard another poster saying that Guentzel might be in contract extension talks with Carolina. 

Yea I responded to that poster. I'm sure the Hurricanes would like to but they'll have to let others go to afford him. They also really need a right handed center and coveted Lindy at the deadline, while we really need a winger like Guentzel to pair with Petey...

Edited by syntheticity