[PGT]Round 2, Game 7 - Canucks vs Oilers - May 20th, 2024

MikeyD

13 hours ago, 24K said:

Well yeah going through Nashville probably did us in. 

Edmonton got lucky they faced LA in the 1st round. Walk in the park for them with that matchup. 

Might have fared better of we took on Oilers in the first round when everyone is relatively healthy. 

Either way the way we played in the playoffs kind of did us in ourselves with fatigue and injuries. 

I think Edmonton has the approval of the NHL this year because honestly the NHL has been officiating us terribly the whole time the Nashville series and now the Edmonton series they don’t want us to get anywhere in the playoffs… 

They’re probably afraid of the riots or something… But we are definitely a better team than Edmonton no problem we killed them during the regular season… If we were totally healthy we would roll over them no problem and five games or maybe even sweep them

• Cheers 1

Posted (edited)

It took me a long time to even get out of bed today after that loss.

That being said, I eventually did.  Tough loss, but a tough loss...  A very tough loss...

I'm so super proud of our boys!  Stuck with it till the end!

Let's reset and dominate next year.

Go Canucks Go!

I'll probably check out for a while until everyone stops going scorched earth.

Go Canucks Go!

Edited by I_AM_CANUCKIAN
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Meh. What he says to the press/media is of far less importance than what he says to the players in the exit interviews. Really, the comments to the media is really window dressing. 

Yes.

Imo Tocchet is playing the media. He doesn’t say anything that will feed into their next controversy. The less negative story lines the better for the players. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

49 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

I appreciate your honesty with the harsher comments, which might not be popular, but I agree for the most part.

Petey has struggled big time since the all star break. It was his first "real" playoffs and if he was playing hurt, then I'll give the benefit. But if there was no injury, then it is very concerning.

Petey's (and soon to be Hughes') salary (and OEL's $4.766 penalty 17 months from now) might prevent the Canucks from putting together a proper contender. Look at TOR, can't afford a better D core and goaltender, thanks to their big 4.

I would be sad, but not opposed to, trading Petey for the right return to improve this playoff team. 

Continuing with the Swedes, Lindholm was really good in these playoffs, excellent centreman and pk. I hope we can keep him. 

Why was Rod Brindamores team the one that showed the most interest in Petey if he sucks so much ?

The Detroit team with Zetterberg , Lidstrom and Datsuck show that the whole cant win with Swedes and Russians was complete tripe 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, PeteyBoeser said:

Still disappointed we didn’t go in the attack in first and second period. All we did was play it safe which bit us 

I wouldn’t even call it playing safe. They set themselves up to fail by endlessly throwing the puck away and having to resume defending. I have no idea why that went on for the better part of two periods. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Blue said:

Why was Rod Brindamores team the one that showed the most interest in Petey if he sucks so much ?

The Detroit team with Zetterberg , Lidstrom and Datsuck show that the whole cant win with Swedes and Russians was complete tripe 

Well, in Carolinas defence, they were interested in Petey before he started sucking. 

36 minutes ago, kilgore said:

Gawd I hate Kypreos's show on SN.  He'd been slagging the Canucks all season.  As some fluke team.  Predicted Nashville to win, and of course the Oilers would demolish us quickly.  Now that Edmonton has won, he and his eastern media cohorts are patting themselves on the back how right they were about Canucks being garbage.

i changed the channel once he was on.  will go back after that segment is done.  

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

First thing Toch mentions post-game.

He's gotta move there, potentially a series-costing mistake having him in that spot if he's not willing to engage & do the netfront job. 

Deguiseppy had some good looks in the third - as well as the perpetually snake bitten Mik… 

The door was open for us to come back for sure -

we just didn’t get it done…

• Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, Blue said:

Do you think they're still interested...

I Dont Think So No Way GIF

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, PeteyBoeser said:

Still disappointed we didn’t go in the attack in first and second period. All we did was play it safe which bit us 

This Up Here GIF by Chord Overstreet

yeah it was the wrong strategy we just open the door for Edmonton to come at us wave after wave after wave

it was a real head scratcher that’s for sure you’re not gonna win games if you fucking just sit there and let your opponent hit you in the face over and over again

they didn’t have any shots on goal for the longest time
I’m pissed off when I think about it

like they come all this way play a game seven and they don’t even want to win…

they don’t fucking try to score any goals until 10 minutes to go on the third.

total insanity…

That’s why I can’t help but think it’s a fucking script they are playing to…

They played like ass game six - and it carried over onto game seven

they just completely gave up after being one game away from eliminating all the Oilers they just let them take it from them

We had those motherfuckers on the rope and we bent over and let them screw us up the ass… We just keeled over and give up that’s bullshit it’s a fucking script man

I don’t care if I sound weird or crazy or paranoid the fact is we’re a better team and whenever we would try and turn it up we would dominate them… That’s why I don’t understand what is going on…

and all the shit bias reffing that was happening… The NHL clearly wanted the Coilers to win

Edited by I.AM.THE.WALRUS
  • ThereItIs 2

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Blue said:

Well... for a long time it sure was.  

That's funny because so was the 97-98 Wings!    Anyone who knows Konstantinov (including Holland) knew that he was a step ahead of Lidstrom.   And we can go further back into some A-hole Russians for sure.   

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 1

Posted (edited)

Thanks so much Captain Kirk!

Didn't wanna ask to get my gear or anything signed and asked him to just sign my neck which I guess he couldn't do as per these days..  but a wonderful man!  Picture is wonderful for me!

1716324814164.jpg

Edited by I_AM_CANUCKIAN
  • Like 3
  • Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, TopCheese said:

I want to hear about injuries and who was dealing with what in this edm series 

Same.  Probably Thursday during the media post season wrap. 

• Like 2

Yeah I’m a little stubborn but I refuse to accept the fact that the Edmonton Oilers are a better team… The Canucks are the better team… It’s just so unjust… It’s so wrong that they advanced…

54 years of Canuck history is weighing on me right now something shitty always seems to happen…

Playing our 3rd string goalie, our most gifted offensive weapon isnt 100%… our Norris trophy D man is injured… our world beating 3rd line disappears… our once powerful powerplay dries up… 

But one year it will happen we will win the cup… I can’t help but imagine a healthy team… A healthy Canucks team steam rolling its way through the playoffs it’ll happen one day… It will…

• Upvote 2

I hope Tocchett/mgmt message going into the off season is “who are we (to think we’re anything)?” 

Yeah theyve made big strides, but to get to the next level its going to take a lot of willpower. imo that’s the mindset they need to harness as much as possible.

• Cheers 1

9 hours ago, Googlie said:

Calder Trophy, 103 point season, on pace for 110 point season when he resigned  ..... what more proof do you want?

Consistency over multiple years, team leading playoff performances, etc.  I think he is a huge piece and should be critical over the next couple years or so. He hasn't fully realised those yet, though.

17 hours ago, syntheticity said:

They'll try to resign him for sure, but I also think a scoring winger for Petey is a bigger priority. They really tried to make Guentzel work at the deadline. If he's a possibility in the offseason again, I'd be willing sacrifice Joshua if that allows us to afford Guentzel.

Definitely need to consider it and then try and sign the next DJ.

I am good as long as the defense is big (other than Hughes), I am less concerned about smaller forwards provided they work hard and can drive play offensively.

• Like 1