[PGT]Round 2, Game 7 - Canucks vs Oilers - May 20th, 2024

MikeyD

disappointing end to the season.. the series was right there for the taking.. but we decided to only play 60 min game once and that was game 5.. the others they only showed up in the last 5-10mins of the game.. game 1, 2, 3, 4, 7 and 6 they didn't bother to show up at all.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Petey should be ashamed of his play the second half of the season and playoffs and I am sure he is. I am not sure what he’s going to do to get bigger, stronger, and faster.

He needs to work on his skating, his feet cant do what is mind and hands want him to do

• Like 1

Just now, DeNiro said:

The good news is I think when a team has a season like that no one wants to leave. They wanna get right back at it with the same group.

I think we’ll see players calling up their agents and telling them to get a deal done.

Yes, it's a team that cares for each other.  Tocchet keep talking about the logo in front of the jersey. 

7 minutes ago, BarneyKook said:

Kuz was able to score with Calgary, im not saying Kuz was the answer but I think Toch coached the offense out of us a little too much sometimes.

He’s gonna have to accept at least one line will be there to score but suck defensively. But offensive line can hem the other team in their zone. McDavid barely plays defense because he can focus on offense.

1 minute ago, Jaimito said:

BS take.  The management like certain players and identified the right players that fit what they want to play, from top to coaching staff.  The trade is a two way street, you need to give up something for a quality player. 

Bs me all you want, i say youre the bullshitter here. Management signed kuz didn't they? Instead of trading him at the previous deadline. 

greenway, kuz and thirst line > lindy

bs that

• Confused 1

Its amazing what playing in the offensive zone and actually shooting the puck at the net can accomplish in just ten minutes. I for the life of me will not understand why the team refuses to do that for most of the game.. or even 20 mins of the game. 

They got farther than people expected.. but the regular season team was better than this oilers team and they had two chances to close it out and laid 2 eggs. At least they didn't get shut out in a game 7 again. 

Going forward some big decisions

Joshua- I would not be willing to pay a premium for him. He was not good this postseason outside game 1's. Keep him sure but not for the $$$ people were talking about prior to the playoffs. 

Hronek - 6.5 max or look to trade him. Scores on a big shot at the end that he has refused to use for like 5 months now. 

Cole - I've seen enough. This literally could have been a 4 or 5 game series if not for Cole

Myers and Zadorov- I'd take myers current 6 million and Zadorovs current $$ and try to divide it up more equitably going forward based on age etc and bring them both back.  the size on the back end made a huge difference defensively this year. 

Blueger - I could take or leave at the same money. May be time for Raty, Karlson etc to have a shot. 

Petey - Love the guy.. is my favorite player. He played pretty good the last couple games but he still doesn't seem right. I wouldn't want to trade him.. but I'd entertain potential trades. 

Lindholm - If they did trade petey they have to keep lindholm. If not and they don't keep Hronek and/or dispose of mikheyev's money then they should be able to afford him. He would solidify a competent 2nd line. But I'm not keen on committing 8million+ with term to another guy that is 30 years old.  If you can get him for more around 7 that would be good.. He was good in the playoffs. Better than miller and petey to be honest. 

Boeser - They need to find out what the deal is with him right away. Blood clots have actually ended careers and they need to know if his money is freed up or not (lindholm no brainer if brock is done) . Or they need to look to sell high on him. They can't afford to be giving him a raise on his next contract with his age and injury history after 1 really good season. Its tough he's a great guy.. but its not in the teams best interest. 

Silovs - try to resign so his current contract goes a year or two past demkos. He's the back up next year for sure. 

Fantasy big move... Consider packaging Peterson, Demko, Hronek and two 1sts to Chicago for Bedard

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Conscience said:

Bs me all you want, i say youre the bullshitter here. Management signed kuz didn't they? Instead of trading him at the previous deadline. 

greenway, kuz and thirst line > lindy

bs that

BS take that it's about the coach's ego. 

I'm done with you.  

• Like 1
  • Wiener 1

WOW - Those final 10 minutes  - you could not ask for more from those players - refusing to give up till the final seconds.  Thanks to the Canucks management and ALL the players for a wonderful and memorable season.  I'm very proud to be one of many fans in Canuck nation.

It hurts a bit now but sometimes it takes a few tries - look at Colorado and even Chicago from a while back.  Hopefully the team can continue with this forward progression in the next 3-4 years.

Go Canucks Go.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

Podz has a bit more offensive skill to his game I definitely leave him in over Lafferty! Thought he should have been credited with an assist on the Soucy goal a couple games ago. Grabbed the puck out of the air and his shot while blocked bounces out to Soucy and he scored. Hoglander getting into the dirty areas scored in game 6. It should have been Hoglander with JT and Pettersson, Podkolzin on the 3rd line and Mikheyev on the 4th line.

We see Podz in a different light. I don't think he is much more to offer than Laff and that is a low bar.  Mik in the top 6 was questionable as hell.

Edited by Fen1010

8 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

Ever heard of the term “hard gainer”? It’s a real thing. I do think he’ll solidify a bit more with age, but I doubt he’ll ever be as physically stout as Lindholm.

Dude's 25 and a professional athlete. Y'all love reaching for every excuse in the book for the guy. 1 goal in 13 playoff games this year. Embarrassing. If this is the only version of Petey we're ever gonna get, send him out East. Get some players actually built for the playoffs. He can flop around out East.

5 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Yes, it's a team that cares for each other.  Tocchet keep talking about the logo in front of the jersey. 

Agree, Miller was just gushing about how much he loves this team . 

• Like 1

I think we are going to see in the coming days how injured and (especially) how sick the team was. There is a bug going around and the team caught it at the wrong time.

• Like 1