[PGT]Round 2, Game 7 - Canucks vs Oilers - May 20th, 2024

MikeyD

29 minutes ago, BC_Hawk said:

It will be interesting to hear what injury he actually has. It was obviously something that wasn’t gonna get worse nor prevent him from playing, but his core strength was nil. He wasn’t able to take is lethal one time slapper since all star break nor stay on his skates. Someone guessed at a sports hernia; makes 1000% sense.

And Hughes got some upper body injury in that game against the preds where he got hammered a few times late and came up lame. That took a notch outta him. Then, the dirty slew foot by Kane seemed to finish him off. Forget all the BS in this series, but that play was absolutely brutal; shoulda been 5min and game plus discipline.

Based strictly off what I can see, with no concrete evidence I think a hernia is a good bet. Petey lost explosiveness his stride. The amount he's hitting does counter act that though 

As for Hughes, at this exact moment I'd bet my bottom dollar on a cracked rib. The way he's moving right now just seems like rih injuries I've seen in the past.

Just now, MeanSeanBean said:

Disagree. 2nd round of the playoffs isn't the time to throw in a high skill winger barely familiar with north American hockey or the structure. 

I don't think he could've fucked it up more than he did tbh. Dying for offense and Mikheyev and Lafferty come in? That's pretty weak. 

• Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, Blue said:

Zadorov was good entertainment for a few games. But did he really live up to it in the end ?

I feel like he was never the same after his fine......how many big hits did you see after that?  I don't think it was the $5000.....I think it's likely what the league may have said to him.

1 minute ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

To be fair ...

At the end if the day ...

We got outplayed.

Our window is just opening.

We have a lot to look forward to. 

The Canucks could look largely different in October though depending on what management can do.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, brownky said:

If Hronek was replaced by an actual defensive RHD we get by the Oilers.

I dunno where you got the impression I wanted Bear in that spot.

You are living in some fantasyland where you can somehow trade a RHD for a better RHD. Any RHD that is better than Hronek isn't going to be available. Period. 

Just now, Joshua.Guy said:

I don't think he could've fucked it up more than he did tbh. Dying for offense and Mikheyev and Lafferty come in? That's pretty weak. 

The entire team is based around staying in structure. That structure took us to the second round of the playoffs. Abandoning that structure to chase offense was never going to happen. Rightfully so.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

Wrong... he had Lekkermaki and Karlsson.  Karlsson looked on offensively in the game he played.

Lek? A kid who hasn't played a single game in the NHL and probably hasn't even practiced with the big club? He has a year in Abby before he is up in NHL. Karlsson, didn't see much upside as you must have.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

8 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

It's why he signed here long term...he saw something in these guys. He loves it here.

Some people were SO convinced that he was outta here...and they still try to cut him down at every opportunity to prove a point that's been long put to bed.

Cudos to Allvin for picking the right guy to keep.  He had to choose between Miller and Horvat.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

So many ifs, so many regrets, the outcome of this series could be very different.

Thanks for a very exciting season, many joys from watching Canucks hockey the last 9 months, so proud of this amazing team.

9 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Yep.

Love Toc and what he’s done for this team but he made some bad calls this playoffs.

Putting in plugs like Mik and Lafferty just to try and grind out another game was a poor move.

He talked about not being afraid to swing for the fences. I’d rather have seen Raty or Bains in there.

I would put in no one. Run 3 lines. 

I said before I would have considered 7 d.

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

Zadorov was good entertainment for a few games. But did he really live up to it in the end ?

He's a 4/5 dman who can play up the lineup as needed. That has been his career and where he is at.

Still not convinced as some are that he is a legit top four.

Having said that he was a solid contributor on the ice and someone the Canucks should attempt to bring back.

• Like 1

Just now, Blue said:

You are living in some fantasyland where you can somehow trade a RHD for a better RHD. Any RHD that is better than Hronek isn't going to be available. Period. 

True, we can sign a RHD better than Hronek in free agency. No trade required. :classic_ninja: Two if you also count Tanev.

• Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

Dude's 25 and a professional athlete. Y'all love reaching for every excuse in the book for the guy. 1 goal in 13 playoff games this year. Embarrassing. If this is the only version of Petey we're ever gonna get, send him out East. Get some players actually built for the playoffs. He can flop around out East.

You’re certainly not very Cuddly, lol. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

Wrong... he had Lekkermaki and Karlsson.  Karlsson looked on offensively in the game he played.

Lek? You’re kidding right? 
Playoffs/season on the line is not the time to give a top prospect his taste of the NHL, especially after losing BB6. 

Karlsson was great in camp. Him Aman and Joshua was a dominant and aggressive checking line, with both of the former carrying the latter. 
I’ll give you that for sure. I would have put in quite a few others over Mik.

Laff should have seized his opportunity to step up. Just too vanilla. He should’ve been out there crashing and banging at very least. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Joshua.Guy said:

Last look for those two.  I don't think they would have won if the lineup was different.....so playing these guys as a last chance to make a difference is not terrible.  Not sure anyone can blame RT after this year.

• Cheers 1