[PGT]Round 2, Game 7 - Canucks vs Oilers - May 20th, 2024

MikeyD

Just now, N4ZZY said:

I think you're out to lunch. Petey's first "real" playoffs, he'll be fine moving forward. 

maybe I am, totally agree, just think it’s odd for any team to sign their superstar to a long term extension and structure it with the first year without any protection whatsoever. Rarity. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Who else in Abby has top-six potential other than Lekkerimäki? Podkolzin feels like he'll never get there. Lekkerimäki probably also needs one season in Abby; I don't think he makes it onto the main roster next season. 

But you gotta find someone to help Petey offensively. 

Pettersson needs a playmaker/shooter, not just a shooter.  Hogs can be the pure shooter, but they need that other winger to be capable of being a setup guy.

Right now Hogs cannot or will not pass consistently well.

• Vintage 1

19 minutes ago, RWJC said:

he was awesome for the Canes.

9 pts in 11 games and fit like a glove.

Damn, he might be the most sought after free agent then. That bidding war could get out of control 

• Cheers 1

58 minutes ago, Blue said:

For everyong gizzing their pants about how bad Petey was. 

McDavid this series:

game 1 — 1 point

game 2 — 4 points

game 3 — 0 points

game 4 — 1 points

game 5 — 0 points

game 6 — 3 points

game 7 — 0 points

First time McDavid has had 3 pointless games since Anaheim in 2017.

Other than tonight when he had 0 points we won. I think we did good job. 

3 minutes ago, RWJC said:

I’m just gonna say this and likely will be roasted for it, but I do not underestimate the trigger finger of PAJR. If we had serious discussions with teams about EP prior to him being extended, and his new contract for some odd reason involves his first full season without any trade/movement protection, it alludes to me that PAJR want to keep their own options open when it comes to the entire roster, even EP.

Just a very strange aspect of the contract to me given how EP at times has appeared to be unhappy with himself here. 

It’s a reach yes but it’s not speculation, it’s fact that we control him completely next season. 

This stood out to me when I searched up his contract too, he can't have trade protection until he's 26 if I recall correctly, and his contract starts when he's 25. So no NMC for his first season. He's movable. We should reach out to San Jose for the 1st overall :classic_ninja:

But in all seriousness. I don't think he's untouchable just cause he re-signed. I don't think we move him, it's just fun to speculate cause I don't really believe in Petey. Carolina did inquire. That's the only real option I know of.

• Cheers 1

Lock up Z, Lock up Lindholm, lock up DJ. 

Sign Hronek long term under 7m, if not, take him to arb for 1 year and kick the can down the road. 

Petey's 11.6 is looking like a big gamble for next year. 

I have faith in this management team. Everything they've done has been excellent. 

What a season. 

Go Canucks Go

2 minutes ago, syntheticity said:

Yea I responded to that poster. I'm sure the Panthers would like to but they'll have to let others go to afford him. They also really need a right handed center and coveted Lindy at the deadline, while we really need a winger like Guentzel to pair with Petey...

Not the Panthers... CAROLINA.

Pesce and others have already been let go to make room for Guentzel.

4 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Who else in Abby has top-six potential other than Lekkerimäki? Podkolzin feels like he'll never get there. Lekkerimäki probably also needs one season in Abby; I don't think he makes it onto the main roster next season. 

But you gotta find someone to help Petey offensively. 

We don’t have anything else with top 6 upside in our system and will not be drafting one either. 

15 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

The way I look at it is this management group is obviously unbelievable at pro scouting, they’re going to replace what they can’t sign and sign what they can’t replace. 

I see your positive rehab went well.

Just now, JeremyCuddles said:

This stood out to me when I searched up his contract too, he can't have trade protection until he's 26 if I recall correctly, and his contract starts when he's 25. So no NMC for his first season. He's movable. We should reach out to San Jose for the 1st overall :classic_ninja:

But in all seriousness. I don't think he's untouchable just cause he re-signed. I don't think we move him, it's just fun to speculate cause I don't really believe in Petey. Carolina did inquire. That's the only real option I know of.

ahhhh ok, that makes sense. Thank you!

i think EP sticks here for sure. I just never count out the possibility of any trade. its cliche, but even 99 was traded.

2 minutes ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

Not the Panthers... CAROLINA.

Pesce and others have already been let go to make room for Guentzel.

Carolina Panthers? Isn't that the NFL team? 

We talking the same sport? 

Thinking Reaction GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Simply put we lack the depth in some particular areas.

1. Winger depth doesn’t get brought up enough. Brock Boeser is our only true top 6 winger. I thought MAYBE Hoglander was becoming another after the 20+ goal season…and maybe he still will be. But apart from those 2 we’re pretty barren for now. I don’t care what anyone says: Suter and Mikheyev do not belong in the top 6. Suter is a 3rd line guy and a Mikheyev is a 4th line guy. Suter is most likely to take Bluegar’s 3C position and Bluegar will most likely be lost to free agency. 3rd line will be set at Joshua (re-sign) - Suter - Garland

2. Miller-Boeser need another bonafide winger. Re-sign Lindholm and Lindholm-Petterson need another top 6 winger. 

3. 4th line needs some heavier bodies. PDG-Aman-Lafferty doesn’t do it for me. Lafferty will simply not be re-signed. PDG as 13th forward maybe. If we could get another upgrade at 4C that would be clutch. 

4. Defence: Re-sign Zadorav and Myers to reasonable contracts. Cole/Friedman let go. Hronek is the big decision on D. Do we re-sign him and for how much? I would be ok with a 6-6.5M contract but not anything close to the 8M apparently being asked. 

5. Goaltending again will be our strong point. Demko-Silovs next year. Desmith will

not be re-signed.

Big question facing the team:

***How much will Joshua/Lindholm/Zadorav re sign for***
If they don’t, who replaces them???

Apart from them Canucks need to pick up more scoring help for the top 6. We are lacking 1 or 2 guys there.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

In my opinion, they should try to sign Lindholm... they put out a lot to acquire him... letting him walk would be stupid.

I think he should be the priority to resign. 

Centre depth, and then a winger for Petey to play with. 

Yeah cant wait for ANOTHER season of big talk and big numbers only to see this 

or that player dip on the entire team and we he no cohesion as a team b/c this player

or that player's turn is up to have this issue or that issue. 

Im done. Demko out right away are you serious? And the reffing? Im so done the product

is awful and to watch that disinterested bunch of hollywood actors acting on a giant stage

"playing" hockey... yeah im done. Been tapped in since bure and this was my last game.

The reffing, the bad coaching WHY with the lines Toch? Why?... Why was Silvos in for so long?

Why with Cole? Why with Mik??? Why? Million dollar questions... zero answers. But you got 

your Jack Adams right Toch? You totally didnt just get out coached.. totally....

Thanks for laughs guys!! Last game watched as a fan of this WWHF World Wrestling Hockey Federation

Complete with: Bad acting, Bad reffing, and its all fake. 

Read "The Fix is In" As you sit back and wonder if New York winning the SC would be good for the "numbers"

F(ck O1ff....

https://feralhouse.com/the-fix-is-in/

Just now, N4ZZY said:

I think he should be the priority to resign. 

Centre depth, and then a winger for Petey to play with. 

Why not load the top 6 with both Elias’ playing together with an imported winger? We can probably find a decent 3rd line C by trade methinks 

2 minutes ago, CanuckMan said:

Simply put we lack the depth in some particular areas.

1. Winger depth doesn’t get brought up enough. Brock Boeser is our only true top 6 winger. I thought MAYBE Hoglander was becoming another after the 20+ goal season…and maybe he still will be. But apart from those 2 we’re pretty barren for now. I don’t care what anyone says: Suter and Mikheyev do not belong in the top 6. Suter is a 3rd line guy and a Mikheyev is a 4th line guy. Suter is most likely to take Bluegar’s 3C position and Bluegar will most likely be lost to free agency. 3rd line will be set at Joshua (re-sign) - Suter - Garland

2. Miller-Boeser need another bonafide winger. Re-sign Lindholm and Lindholm-Petterson need another top 6 winger. 

3. 4th line needs some heavier bodies. PDG-Aman-Lafferty doesn’t do it for me. Lafferty will simply not be re-signed. PDG as 13th forward maybe. If we could get another upgrade at 4C that would be clutch. 

4. Defence: Re-sign Zadorav and Myers to reasonable contracts. Cole/Friedman let go. Hronek is the big decision on D. Do we re-sign him and for how much? I would be ok with a 6-6.5M contract but not anything close to the 8M apparently being asked. 

5. Goaltending again will be our strong point. Demko-Silovs next year. Desmith will

not be re-signed.

Big question facing the team:

***How much will Joshua/Lindholm/Zadorav re sign for***
If they don’t, who replaces them???

Apart from them Canucks need to pick up more scoring help for the top 6. We are lacking 1 or 2 guys there.

I honestly think between Joshua/Lindholm and Zadorov, Zadorov is most likely to leave.