[PGT]Round 2, Game 7 - Canucks vs Oilers - May 20th, 2024

MikeyD

1 minute ago, HarbularyBattery said:

are you high

mcdavid scored 1 goal in 7 games against us, is his worth decimated too?

sheesh. 

he gets assists and digs in, drives to the net and skates 

petey was COASTING entire playoffs and avoiding the play 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Heretic said:

I could never ever own a sports team.  I know, it's probably "just a business" for some of them, but I would be so pissed at paying some of the players so much money and just watch them float some times. 

That said - the Canucks did better than I expected (I didn't expect them to make the playoffs - let alone almost win 2 rounds).

This will be a good learning season for them - I hope they do even better next year. 

Absolutely agree 100%...

This is where experience comes into play... JR/PA has never been scarred of pulling the trigger, so there will be a few heads rolling now... I expect Mika to be dealt, maybe in a deal with Hronek... 

Question is, if they still see Petey as the future or not, but I think they do...

Time will tell... Nevertheless, we all knew before this started, that this would be a learning experience for the entire team... 

Good news is, or main performers bar Miller (who is by no means old) are young, so they will grow and likely become better players, physically in particular...

Onwards and upwards...

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

Petey could have definitely been better, he's got it in him. He also had zero support since none of his linemates had anything going either. 

Stone cold Mika and whom ever else was left, was his wingers... 

He can play better, we've all seen it and the last two seasons 102 + 89 points bare witness to that... He'll turn it around...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, spook007 said:

This times 100.... For me it used to be ' the rat'.... But Dry has taken his place...

I lost everything, when he resorted to belittle a 3rd string goal tender, when he couldn't his the target... I wish Z or Soucy had destroyed 'the dry pig face'.

Yep, Dri is a good match for the rest of so-called “leadership group “ of Coilers

Bunch of divers, whiners and cheap shots artists.

• Like 2

Just now, MeanSeanBean said:

You can't? the Canucks only had 5 post season powerplay goals, by 4 different players. 1 was Petey, who tied Boeser and Miller. It's fair to criticize Peteys play overall, but it's disingenuous if you attempt to blame the powerplay troubles on him. 

Ya you cant! Theres more than enough talent on that pp to get it done. All of them can be blamed!

Disingenuous lol

Cant say mik dragged pete down on the pp. 

4 minutes ago, Maniwaki Mauler said:

he gets assists and digs in, drives to the net and skates 

petey was COASTING entire playoffs and avoiding the play 

McDavid literally coasts after the puck leaves his stick. He's a one dimensional rush player who the Canucks shut down 

Just now, MeanSeanBean said:

hopefully, but he looked outmatches this post season. Hopefully he builds confidence over the summer and comes back with fire in his belly.

hes still only 23, nowhere near final form

24 goals by this stage in his career considering the minutes he was playing is pretty huge

he'll keep honing his defensive game over the next 1-2 seasons

it was very eye opening for me to see petey completely change when he had either lindholm or miller on his line. mikheyev did them dirty last night. 

i really wanna see us pick up toffoli during the offseason. he wont be too expensive, hes getting older + hes pretty one dimensional. But seeing petey suffer without a finisher on his line is just tragic. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Blue said:

McDavid literally coasts after the puck leaves his stick. He's a one dimensional rush player who the Canucks shut down 

they did a good job there, but on the other end of the ice was AWFUL 

Just now, HarbularyBattery said:

nah you high for sure

did you miss petey taking the TOO MUCH MAN penalty (charging)?

no i saw him take a high stick to the face and draw a 4 min penalty, his biggest contribution all playoffs 

39 minutes ago, DarthMelvin said:

Why do people make up these excuses for these players. EP and Hronek are just not adapting to playing NHL caliber hockey.

EPs ego enabled him to get a huge contract which he doesn't live up to. I am sure Management would have noticed any issues with his body.

Hronek decides to finally let a clapper go!?!? He has no shot. His points are from Hughes and Hughes alone...

Just stop making up lame excuses for these player who could not step up when it mattered

You'd have this lame cliche filled sermon ready for anything less than the Stanley cup. "Step up" bruh

• Cheers 1

It all started with an 8/1 win over the Oilers, Brock Boeser got 4 goals and Demko made 26 saves. And neither one of them played in the final game of the season.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

11 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Right? So smug. There's such a sense of entitlement in that room and I hope it comes back to bite them in the butt. Again.

His whole demeanour just rubs me the wrong way. 

Again agree 100%... He is an arrogant arse, who has won Zilch in his career...

Hearing TSN riding his and McDivers d's all series long didn't make it any better... Rotten to the core the lot, but we knew that from 2011...

If there is a silver lining, for me at least it is, we were unlikely to be able to beat Dallas without Demko and Boeser... Now at least we get to see these arrogant feckers getting torn apart by Stars instead, and it is going to be delicious....

images-3 copy.jpeg

• Upvote 1

Interesting take from a friend this morning  ......  Petey's last-off-the-ice looking around at the Arena and the crowd had all the hallmarks of a player relishing the moment knowing he's played his last game as a Canuck.

I replayed that sequence and now get the same vibes. 😧

• Sad 2

3 minutes ago, HarbularyBattery said:

you must have been asleep the whole playoffs

petey was nowhere near his best, but i saw him physically engage and consistently set up linemates who just couldnt finish

the powerplay was bad by design, not because of petey. when it failed, it failed because it couldnt gain the zone, or passed back and forth too much. thats on the coaches, or the whole 5 man group collectively, not on petey alone. 

he fell down left and right kid is not made for the playoffs, just fall over with any contact so no i was not asleep, you were 

• Confused 2

6 minutes ago, Maniwaki Mauler said:

lol they woke up late or not at all in the last 3 games 

Looks like you’re late to the party bud

Your 11 posts really gives you great credibility 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2