[PGT]Round 2, Game 7 - Canucks vs Oilers - May 20th, 2024

MikeyD

Just now, Maniwaki Mauler said:

he fell down left and right kid is not made for the playoffs, just fall over with any contact so no i was not asleep, you were 

there was literally a drinking game early in the sedins career where youd take a drink every time a sedin would fall down

give the kid a break jfc. hes going to train in the offseason and come back stronger just like he has every year.

youre moaning and saying a 34 goal / 89 point 25 year old is garbage who is worthless and only worth scraps

give your head a shake

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Interesting take from a friend this morning  ......  Petey's last-off-the-ice looking around at the Arena and the crowd had all the hallmarks of a player relishing the moment knowing he's played his last game as a Canuck.

I replayed that sequence and now get the same vibes. 😧

hell nah

• Like 1
  • chaos 1

Just now, MeanSeanBean said:

Dude is doing his best to give Maniwaki a bad rep. Home of Gino, if I remember correctly?

That's right.  Kitigan Zibi to be a bit more precise.  Whatever:  he's taking Gino's name in vain.

4 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

Dude is doing his best to give Maniwaki a bad rep. Home of Gino, if I remember correctly?

You are correct. I live an hour and a 1/2 from Maniwaki

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, syntheticity said:

Maybe but he's probably at least 1-2 years away from graduating into the Canucks lineup. In the meantime, we need a find a top line winger to pair with Petey, to give Lek time to properly develop.

Hopefully when Tom Wallinder is ready. That would be a good jolt of energy into the roster.

• Vintage 1

20 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Interesting take from a friend this morning  ......  Petey's last-off-the-ice looking around at the Arena and the crowd had all the hallmarks of a player relishing the moment knowing he's played his last game as a Canuck.

I replayed that sequence and now get the same vibes. 😧

I see it as he just wants to appreciate the fans and their support, aiming to come back stronger and better next season.

• Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

It was a great season for the Canucks, it ended hard for everyone, but don’t let it keep you down. It was a great season for the Canucks! 

Petterson isn’t going anywhere and I’m glad for that, but this coming off season could be wild. We have big decisions coming up, and some serious roster issues, but getting to game seven of the second round was beyond my expectations. 

thanks for a complete, and fun season Canucks. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Posted (edited)

Sucks they couldn’t pull it off. Club has lots of cap space, I’m already so invested as to what they will do with it. We desperately need a top 6 winger ideally two. I think in the end we are going to move off Hronek. His contract demands will just be too rich. We can’t pay him 7.5 or 8 million so I believe he will be moved.

I think Necas from CAR would be perfect fit for Petey. CAR is rumoured to be moving on from Pesce and I believe they have another 2 UFA D.  So they have a need for D. Necas is apparently not happy with his role there and PP usage. 

Edit - I do believe tho Hronek was playing hurt. His passes were off and didn’t take any shots last two months. Apparently had his right elbow in a brace? So I don’t think we saw the real player for full season

Edited by Outsiders
  • Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, HarbularyBattery said:

there was literally a drinking game early in the sedins career where youd take a drink every time a sedin would fall down

give the kid a break jfc. hes going to train in the offseason and come back stronger just like he has every year.

youre moaning and saying a 34 goal / 89 point 25 year old is garbage who is worthless and only worth scraps

give your head a shake

regular season guys are not playoff guys look at matthews as the example 

as far as the weights are concerned, yes that is required asap, kid had two awesome chances and just fell over 

falls over all the time, he needs to put on 30lbs 

13 hours ago, NHL97OneTimer said:

Glad they showed heart in the third period.  Hopefully a character growing experience because if they played like the third for the last 5 periods before that, they had a good chance.  Third goalie, no Boeser, EP nowhere for the most part.......still close to the conference finals.  They're building well.

Who is EP ????

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, stawns said:

Hoglander scored 24 goals, he's a top 6 winger.  I think they'll also put Garland into the top 6 next year........Suter, I agree.

Mika was not a top 6 winger neither... And Hogs is just finding his legs...

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

We will be trading away our concrete Garden Gnome. His play has created value for him. Should be able to get picks back. 

This is a big question... you are spot on, his value has never been higher, and yet it is very high to Canucks as well...

It's a big call, as both he and Mika would open up $5M each, and that could Petey the winger he should have, and keep some of the bigger players.... however,  he has been the driving force in our line up, so what to do...

$5M sitting on the 3rd line in a single player is a lot, so....

• ThereItIs 2

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, HarbularyBattery said:

give your head a shake

I think the issue is for the money he signed and for how little he impacts the game, his awful attitude and body language, the lofty attitude with the contract holdout....it rubs a lot of fans the wrong way.  If he can't be the absolute best player on the team this contract will affect the success of the team.  This has the potential to be an absolute disaster.  The twins did not behave like this at all.

Look at Hyman, nugent Hopkins, McDavid, drysaitl

... petey isn't even I'm the same breath as these guys.  His performance in the playoffs was a disgrace.  Imagine if he even came close to garland....we'd have won.

Edited by ronning4center
  • Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, Maniwaki Mauler said:

may lose sleep over that reality 

but what party? i'll pass on the golf 

I'm starting to smell a troll.... hopefully I'm wrong...

Oilers will be buried by Stars...

img-thing.jpeg

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 2

Just now, spook007 said:

I'm starting to smell a troll.... hopefully I'm wrong...

Oilers will be buried by Stars...

img-thing.jpeg

Dallas is just as capable, maybe more, of shutting down McDonkey like we did. They also have the winger depth to overcome what we just about did. 

Wouldn't be surprised at all to see Dallas sweep them. 

• Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

3 minutes ago, ronning4center said:

I think the issue is for the money he signed and for how little he impacts the game, his awful attitude and body language, the loft attitude with the contract holdout....it rubs a lot of fans the wrong way.  If he can't be the absolute best player on the team this contract will affect the success of the team.  This has the potential to be an absolute disaster.  The twins did not behave like this at all.

Theres so many assumptions here

i think he impacts the game the exact amount a star player would if you put him between mikheyev and lafferty

people had the same things to say about miller and his attitude last season. miller is such a sore loser. and thats good. petey is a sore loser too, hes just more surly than miller who is more explosive. 

peteys downturn coincided EXACTLY when kuzmenko was traded away, and not replaced with a decent finisher. 

petey is accomplishing far more than the twins did at his age. theres no way we should all be losing our minds at petey for putting up a 35 goal season. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2