[PGT]Round 2, Game 7 - Canucks vs Oilers - May 20th, 2024

MikeyD

1 hour ago, spook007 said:

It was a surprise that Petey didn't produce during the playoffs... That was part of the problem, together with Mikas ice coldness... If these two top 6 players had produce (Petey in particular) we would have been more the races, and probably even through....

Wished the plugs had been more physical though in the Oilers games... Too little hitting with purpose on the forechecks...

Things to ponder for Allvin over the next months, to ensure we have a better chance next time around...

Man if Mik scored when he was in alone at the beginning of the game.. things could have been different.

God damn i hate the ‘what if’ game after a loss 🫠

• Cheers 1

29 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Dallas is just as capable, maybe more, of shutting down McDonkey like we did. They also have the winger depth to overcome what we just about did. 

Wouldn't be surprised at all to see Dallas sweep them. 

guys are so bitter 

canucks should've swept oilers with Silov standing on his head 

but no they got 3 shots on net per period 

1 hour ago, -dlc- said:

If you're not with us you're against us.

Pace yourself, for a new guy you're coming in a little loud and abrasive. On the radar.

The guy's probably got "paycheque envy" - the same kind of ailment as "penis envy", but instead of looking down their own pants and feeling shame that gets acted out as critiquing those with a better-sized appendage, they look at their own paycheque, and criticize those who make much more than them.  Typical paycheque envy types have criticized other elite players we once had and chased them off the team, like Bure and Luongo.  Seems like EP40 is the target du jour, because he'll be making the most on the team when his new contract kicks in.

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

The guy's probably got "paycheque envy" - the same kind of ailment as "penis envy", but instead of looking down their own pants and feeling shame that gets acted out as critiquing those with a better-sized appendage, they look at their own paycheque, and criticize those who make much more than them.  Typical paycheque envy types have criticized other elite players we once had and chased them off the team, like Bure and Luongo.  Seems like EP40 is the target du jour, because he'll be making the most on the team when his new contract kicks in.

number 1 bure fan in the world so no 

luongo hmm 

EP40 yes, but not so much cause of the paycheque his play in general 

6 minutes ago, rychicken said:

I watched that a few times last night as it seemed a little "different". I did have the same thought as your friend, but I ended up with the thought that he was surprised by the response, and he wanted to take it in because he wants to experience it again - I think it will drive him

I had a different vibe from you and the previous poster's friend - I felt his look back seemed more of a Ahhhnold moment, when he says, "Ahhhl be bach."  It felt more like a commitment to the fans.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

Willander, but yes. He's probably gonna have to save our blueline. Especially if for whatever reason Hronek is greedy.

If Honker indeed gets greedy then (i) arbitration / settle before hearing or (ii) arbitration / trade before hearing or (iii) JR drives him to airport on same day the incoming player is to arrive.

I suspect cooler heads will prevail, just my 2 shekels.

Exciting times Canuck fans, exciting times we live in indeed. So exciting that new Trolls just joined this forum because 

.. well they need a good team Troll.

Edited by Rocket-68

3 minutes ago, Maniwaki Mauler said:

guys are so bitter 

canucks should've swept oilers with Silov standing on his head 

but no they got 3 shots on net per period 

How's that bitter homeboy!? Dallas was the best in the West! Oil barely beat a team with the Canucks top scorer out and a 3rd string goalie, We'll save a spot for the Coilers on the golf course, I'm sure they wanna get out of the snow.

• Like 2

That was a pretty crazy finish - who knows with JT's last second shot if it does not hit Big Z.  Great progress this year.  I think based on looking at the roster, they got as much out of players as they could - they looked spent and were almost overachieving. I'll see if there are any further updates on Petey and Huggy - even after the first shift when Petey went back to the bench, he appear to be a bit winded.  Won't be surprised some ailments for the two and not fully 100%.

Off-season - lots of decisions - I think there will be a turnover 4-5 players.as some will just not be able go under the cap.  We have 24M in cap space (compared to 0 for Vegas) and a bunch to sign but a majority of teams already have 15M+ so there will be some bidding.- some may be overpriced.

JR /PA will need to get creative - construct a lineup consisting of 1/3 each of youngsters, core and veterans to fit under the cap.  That seems to be the blueprint of the remaining teams especially FLA, NYR and DAL. Hopefully the Canucks can get 7-8 that have scoring potential - that's the only way (depth) to combat injuries - what Dallas did when Hintz was hurt.   I think most of the remaining teams have about 7+ forward with scoring - thus actually three lines going.

I also think RT may be a bit more flexible next year in adjusting the system.  Pretty sure Aman / Podz will be here along with potentially Karlson and Raty in the near future.

Nevertheless, a great season - hope the players get a well deserved break especially Huggy who looks spent. CGC

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Canuck You said:

How's that bitter homeboy!? Dallas was the best in the West! Oil barely beat a team with the Canucks top scorer out and a 3rd string goalie, We'll save a spot for the Coilers on the golf course, I'm sure they wanna get out of the snow.

apologies, i just thought there is no reason to hate on the oilers...they are a canadian team and as fellow Canadians (with significantly more than Canucks) they have a good chance 

ok here is one that'll rattle a few of you... but don't blame me just look at the stats 

how can the canucks expect to win the cup with 2 Canadians on the team? 

4 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Hronek, and a 1st....? 

Guentzel is a UFA, so they can get him for +++$ on the market. 

I think that Hronek + 1st would get a good player return, plus moving Mik.

Depending on the price tag for Hron, I'm not so sure about trading a guy

that was battling an injury during the playoffs.  He's a much better player

that what we saw in the P/Os.

Replacing 2 RDs(+Myers) in the offseason is a difficult task.  I don't think an

aging Tanev makes the team better.  Also, at his age, he will be looking for

his 'swan song' contract; term, $ and NMC.

• Like 1

Canada has a history of taking people from other countries and turning them into Canadians.  

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Maniwaki Mauler said:

apologies, i just thought there is no reason to hate on the oilers...they are a canadian team and as fellow Canadians (with significantly more than Canucks) they have a good chance 

ok here is one that'll rattle a few of you... but don't blame me just look at the stats 

I could give two sh*ts if there were zero Canadians on the team if it meant a Cup.  With Ron Delorme as our Western Canadian scout, it's no surprise the lack of good Canadian prospects for the team.  Canucks Ontario & Quebec amateur scouts aren't much better.  So much for nepotism (excluding former Canuck player Thomas Gradin).  Our US amateur scouts have pulled their weight (Boeser, Hughes, Demko, etc) as well.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Maniwaki Mauler said:

the bachelor GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

Posted (edited)

Trade Demko now that he's worth a lot and sign Silov (keep Desmith he's good too) has more than proven himself. Sign Z, trade Petey for whatever and you got a way better team. 

Edited by Maniwaki Mauler

Trade Demko now that he's worth a lot and sign Silov (keep Desmith he's good too) has more than proven himself. Sign Z, trade Petey for whatever and you got a way better team. 

Feeling Dumb Jim Carrey GIF

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

17 minutes ago, Maniwaki Mauler said:

3nQ21NT.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Wiener 1

We exceeded expectations and are set up well for the future. I have full faith in our management to make the moves needed to inch us closer to our final goal - they’ve proven themselves able with this season. 

The biggest thing that I am proud of this team for is the culture change and I largely attribute that to our Jack Adam’s winning coach, Tocchet. 

• Cheers 2