[PGT]Round 2, Game 7 - Canucks vs Oilers - May 20th, 2024

MikeyD

1 minute ago, Qwags said:

Miller, Boeser, and Silovs were our MVPs. 

I dunno.... Miller was not that great

His face offs were ok, but he couldn't win where it counted. His passes weee picked off so ez and he gave away alot of pucks

He wasn't a force.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

Bad call to bring both Mikheyev and Lafferty in the game! Teams been struggling all playoffs to get shots and generate offence and we put in 2 guys that bring no offence. Also putting one of them on the 1rst line to boot!

What were the alternatives? 

Well, fuck. At least they made a game of it late there, but that first period was just ugly.

Hope Boeser's issue isn't a long-term problem (haven't had time to read much hockey news lately, but blood clots sound serious).

Better luck next year, and I guess I am cheering for the Stars to win the Cup now.

Excuse me while I go vomit.

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, AngryGoose said:

Tough loss but proud of the boys this season.

Hopefully this playoff experience pays dividends going forward.

Management has a really good assessment of what they have now.  Will have big decisions to make.  

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

Just now, Kragar said:

Well, fuck. At least they made a game of it late there, but that first period was just ugly.

Hope Boeser's issue isn't a long-term problem (haven't had time to read much hockey news lately, but blood clots sound serious).

Better luck next year, and I guess I am cheering for the Stars to win the Cup now.

Excuse me while I go vomit.

even after a bad first, it was still 0-0.  The blow PP chances didn't help.  EP bled for nothing.  

• Cheers 2

Just now, Plsdontdoit said:

Both also made crucial game changer plays, Miky with the miss and laff with the tripping penalty 

Lafferty just before the trip had an open look for a quick snap shot but instead skates with the puck, holds it, holds it, holds it 😂 gets to a impossible angle then puts it into the goalies stomach.

• Like 1

I am proud of the Canucks, the loss of Boeser was a big factor, but when Pettersson doesn’t play like he can he really affects the team. Just like when he started the season a couple years ago with no points in 12 games and Travis Green lost his job. No production from Pettersson sunk the team.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

5 minutes ago, DarthMelvin said:

I dunno.... Miller was not that great

His face offs were ok, but he couldn't win where it counted. His passes weee picked off so ez and he gave away alot of pucks

He wasn't a force.

He lost the player he'd been playing with all year; What a stupid post.  🤒

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1