[PGT]Round 2, Game 7 - Canucks vs Oilers - May 20th, 2024

MikeyD

Disappointing loss last night, and I wasn't happy with how the team played at all the last 2 games, way too passive and letting the game be brought to them.

But this season was a great success, and I am proud of this team. They had a great year, and proved so many people wrong! This year was so fun, and was so nice after what we've been through the last 10 years and I think it's just starting! I'm pumped for the next few years.

• Like 3

I had a good day today after that tough loss. 

Very proud of the boys. They had a great year. If it wasn't for Demko getting hurt I think we would have beat the coil in 6 games. If management can subtract a couple pieces and add a few more I think we'll be a great team next year too.

Best part of the day was shaking hands with a few of my coiler buddies and talking about the game. They have lots of respect for the team. 

I don't take part in that whole chirp and antagonize people crap so it was good conversations about the series all day. GCG!

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

This Up Here GIF by Chord Overstreet

yeah it was the wrong strategy we just open the door for Edmonton to come at us wave after wave after wave

it was a real head scratcher that’s for sure you’re not gonna win games if you fucking just sit there and let your opponent hit you in the face over and over again

they didn’t have any shots on goal for the longest time
I’m pissed off when I think about it

like they come all this way play a game seven and they don’t even want to win…

they don’t fucking try to score any goals until 10 minutes to go on the third.

total insanity…

That’s why I can’t help but think it’s a fucking script they are playing to…

They played like ass game six - and it carried over onto game seven

they just completely gave up after being one game away from eliminating all the Oilers they just let them take it from them

We had those motherfuckers on the rope and we bent over and let them screw us up the ass… We just keeled over and give up that’s bullshit it’s a fucking script man

I don’t care if I sound weird or crazy or paranoid the fact is we’re a better team and whenever we would try and turn it up we would dominate them… That’s why I don’t understand what is going on…

and all the shit bias reffing that was happening… The NHL clearly wanted the Coilers to win

I agree. But even with bias officiating why no shots on a 4 minute power play. I realize they were being pressured, but I hoped they would throw some shots on net and crash the net.

To much looking for the perfect shot. Anyway season is done. Time to enjoy summer activities.

I don't care who wins now,no more watching the crooked nhl. Until next fall.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

that 4 min PP lives rent free in my head. played/coached scared to win for 45-50 mins then all of a sudden turn it up in the final 5mins was so disappointing from the team. 

Silovs and Garland were the only ones ready to start the game. I don't know whose in charge of the PP but we need need new ideas new opinions, we have way too many skilled players for our PP to suck like that. 

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Joe King said:

I agree. But even with bias officiating why no shots on a 4 minute power play. I realize they were being pressured, but I hoped they would throw some shots on net and crash the net.

To much looking for the perfect shot. Anyway season is done. Time to enjoy summer activities.

I don't care who wins now,no more watching the crooked nhl. Until next fall.

Ya I get it 

im holding to my conspiracy theory… the Oil were chosen to advance… 

they were told to hold back till the game was out of reach therefore no shot on Skinner the sieve

game 5 we totally showed up and coulda run up the score… but…

Along comes game 6 and we are a completely different animal… we suddenly became a docile flacid limp biscuit… 

we became a different team so the Coilers could advance 

it’s kinda obvious 

Edited by I.AM.THE.WALRUS
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

Ya I get it 

im holding to my conspiracy theory… the Oil were chosen to advance… 

they were told to hold back till the game was out of reach therefore no shot on Skinner the sieve

were quit game 6 and beyond… we became a docile flacid limp biscuit… 

we became a different team so the Coilers could advance 

it’s kinda obvious 

I also do not trust bettman and his band of thieves. And those first games where coilers seemed at least to me that they were getting calls in their favor while getting away with some dangerous infractions. Screw the nhl. But I will never stop supporting the Canucks.

• MillerTime 1

Tocchet needs to study how we play when we are desperate.  That last 10 minute style we can play, when we throw our balls to wall and just go for it. Tocchet needs to examine how that occurs, objectively, and find a way to add that style into our practices. 

We have the horses to do that regularly, ie dmen that join the play (Z and Myers)  We can force people's hands to make mistakes. Tocchet will need to find that magic but make it a doable thing in practice. It's like Harlem Globetrotters style and it fun and very effective. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

This is liking asking a QB to run the 2 minute drill all game. You do realize that when a team is up 3-0 they go into a shell to protect that lead. What you are asking is not realistic.

23 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

that 4 min PP lives rent free in my head. played/coached scared to win for 45-50 mins then all of a sudden turn it up in the final 5mins was so disappointing from the team. 

Silovs and Garland were the only ones ready to start the game. I don't know whose in charge of the PP but we need need new ideas new opinions, we have way too many skilled players for our PP to suck like that. 

Silovs was okay for what he is. Garland will get traded for cap space over the summer. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Tocchet needs to study how we play when we are desperate.  That last 10 minute style we can play, when we throw our balls to wall and just go for it. Tocchet needs to examine how that occurs, objectively, and find a way to add that style into our practices. 

We have the horses to do that regularly, ie dmen that join the play (Z and Myers)  We can force people's hands to make mistakes. Tocchet will need to find that magic but make it a doable thing in practice. It's like Harlem Globetrotters style and it fun and very effective. 

Hopefully the lesson has been learned by the players too - this is what it takes to be successful in the playoffs. Playing that level all the time isn't sustainable, but they can really be dangerous when they play that way but can't wait until it is almost beyond hope to start.

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Silovs was okay for what he is. Garland will get traded for cap space over the summer

Sadly, I would tend to agree. If he is packaged up with Mik for a huge stud of a winger  coming back the other way to play with Petey will be worth it. If it does happen, I will be sad to see the Garden Gnome go as he was one of the few players that rarely took a night off and had his motor running every game. Man if that heart could be transplanted into someone like Podz we would have a stud in house.

I am very happy PA / JR are in charge as whatever move they make I would bet @RU SERIOUS's house against a bag of donuts it will come up spades. 

Thinking of starting another thread, or perhaps someone could, where we start with what we think will be the left overs from this roster once the smoke clears on who PA / JR will jettison and start plugging in the holes with our wish list players. A project for another day.

GO CANUCKS GO! 

• Like 3
  • Huggy Bear 1

34 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

Right… that’s why I’m like why?

why were they held back……….

why?

clearly when they were released to give ‘er shit they coulda tied it up… no problem… 

This is a game 7 MUST WIN scenario with ultra competitive dudes..

can’t help but believe they were told to hold back so the Coilers would advance 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

Sadly, I would tend to agree. If he is packaged up with Mik for a huge stud of a winger  coming back the other way to play with Petey will be worth it. If it does happen, I will be sad to see the Garden Gnome go as he was one of the few players that rarely took a night off and had his motor running every game. Man if that heart could be transplanted into someone like Podz we would have a stud in house.

I am very happy PA / JR are in charge as whatever move they make I would bet @RU SERIOUS's house against a bag of donuts it will come up spades. 

Thinking of starting another thread, or perhaps someone could, where we start with what we think will be the left overs from this roster once the smoke clears on who PA / JR will jettison and start plugging in the holes with our wish list players. A project for another day.

GO CANUCKS GO! 

Ya I too have full confidence in our management team to improve our up and coming squad…

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, WillisD said:

I had a good day today after that tough loss. 

Very proud of the boys. They had a great year. If it wasn't for Demko getting hurt I think we would have beat the coil in 6 games. If management can subtract a couple pieces and add a few more I think we'll be a great team next year too.

Best part of the day was shaking hands with a few of my coiler buddies and talking about the game. They have lots of respect for the team. 

I don't take part in that whole chirp and antagonize people crap so it was good conversations about the series all day. GCG!

Minus these two idiots who were behind me and my mum tapping me on the back of the shoulder from behind and saying "where is your top goal scorerer" when we fell down 3-0.  The rest of the Oiler fans were cool, but I still have a bad taste in my mouth that I didn't slap the taste out that idiots mouth.   But I have to be a lil calm with my mum next to me.

Fuck the Oilers fans.  2 idiots ruined their rep to me.

*got sucked into the trap I was trying to avoid initially.   Hope yall well.  Check back when I'm mentally on point.  😆 

Edited by I_AM_CANUCKIAN
  • Cheers 1

27 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Silovs was okay for what he is. Garland will get traded for cap space over the summer. 

will be tough for him because I think he fell in love with the market during this run, but If management does trade him for cap space I'll understand it. 

• Cheers 2

17 minutes ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

Right… that’s why I’m like why?

why were they held back……….

why?

clearly when they were released to give ‘er shit they coulda tied it up… no problem… 

This is a game 7 MUST WIN scenario with ultra competitive dudes..

can’t help but believe they were told to hold back so the Coilers would advance 

yeah that game 6 effort was suspect af like wth was that?

• Vintage 1

18 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Silov's with DeSmith as his back up next season. 

Get a 1st and a scoring winger for Demko.

Love Silovs but his save % is under 90. We would need to get back Brady Tkatchuk. So a friggin’ lopsided steal. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

37 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

GO CANUCKS GO! 

Great idea and while you're at it maybe start a 2nd thread/Poll on which Swedes PA will draft and trade for in the off season.  That would be fun!

• Haha 1