[PGT]Round 2, Game 7 - Canucks vs Oilers - May 20th, 2024

MikeyD

19 minutes ago, CurtFraser24 said:

Trade the Vezinz finalist??????????     Keep the rookie with the save % of .891 (regular season) and .898 (playoffs)??????????

Exactly! If we have Demko we dispatch the Coilers in five. JR knows what it takes to win the Cup. He knows we need all three of Demko, Petey, and Hughes healthy. The rest of the guys can have career playoff performances and we won’t win. It’s the big three that matter. 

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, Joe King said:

I also do not trust bettman and his band of thieves. And those first games where coilers seemed at least to me that they were getting calls in their favor while getting away with some dangerous infractions. Screw the nhl. But I will never stop supporting the Canucks.

yup… 

the script changed following the suspension 

another nod to the oilers to help them…

and Zadorov became a different player as well…

we sucked game 4…

game 5 we dominated 

We solved them…

NHL calls says - ok that’s as far as you get… 

we gave up and sucked after that…

this is big business 

money is involved… 

i will say it again 

the Canucks stepped aside 

and let the Oil advance… 

• Wiener 1

3 hours ago, Barnstorm said:

I wouldn’t even call it playing safe. They set themselves up to fail by endlessly throwing the puck away and having to resume defending. I have no idea why that went on for the better part of two periods. 

It’s the script given to them by the NHL…

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Exactly! If we have Demko we dispatch the Coilers in five. JR knows what it takes to win the Cup. He knows we need all three of Demko, Petey, and Hughes healthy. The rest of the guys can have career playoff performances and we won’t win. It’s the big three that matter. 

So no Demko, no show EP aside from two games, 50% QHs.   And we get to game 7.   We didn't need career performances to get by EDM, we just needed EP and QHs to add a bit more.   Brock, Miller, Garden Gnome and Lindholm best forwards this post season.     Only QHs gets a prop, and far from a career performance.    If they were on, we'd beat Dallas and win the cup. 

• Like 2
  • ThereItIs 1

43 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Zadorov is a bottom pairing D. Joshua is a bottom six winger. They will both be replaced. We have very good management now. Benning, the moran, is gone. 

Zadorov was the best performing Dman in the playoffs (arguably myers). Yes he is a 4-5 guy but his skill and size on the back end won't get replaced. They need to try to retain him.. but it shouldn't be at any cost. before the playoffs I'd probably have gone to 4.5 (currently at 3.75) so less than a million raise. Seeing him perform in the playoffs I'd probably go to 5 depending on the term. I'd be very hesitant to go over 5 though. 

Joshua was not good in the playoffs outside of both game 1's. Don't have an issue of resigning him at a reasonable price.. but all the people talking about him making bank.. no way.. not on this team, he is definitely replaceable. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, IBatch said:

So no Demko, no show EP aside from two games, 50% QHs.   And we get to game 7.   We didn't need career performances to get by EDM, we just needed EP and QHs to add a bit more.   Brock, Miller, Garden Gnome and Lindholm best forwards this post season.     Only QHs gets a prop, and far from a career performance.    If they were on, we'd beat Dallas and win the cup. 

We need Demko Hughes and Petey healthy to win the Cup. JR knows this. 

• Like 2

Yeah… I just wanna give a shout out to everyone on this forum who made it happen I had a great time chiming in cracking jokes being weird being angry being sad being a conspiracy theorist… It was a great time… And thank you for all who didn’t take me too seriously… This is after all entertainment…

A healthy distraction… From the doldrums of life

peace and love to all of you

And to quote Charlie Brown..

”just wait till next year!!!”

Canucks Home Win GIF by Vancouver Canucks

• Cheers 4

21 hours ago, Outsiders said:

They never stopped trying but boy did they make it hard on themselves. Proud of them. 

Management has some tough decisions. 

Our bottom 6 was non existent this playoffs. I'd like to see that addressed with some grit and toughness. 

Technically garland lindholm and Joshua are our 3rd line and they carried us. Personally I’d like to address how the 11.8 million dollar man was non existent during the playoffs. Management really screwed up that extension . 

• Like 2

Just now, DisgruntledNucksFan said:

Technically garland lindholm and Joshua are our 3rd line and they carried us. Personally I’d like to address how the 11.8 million dollar man was non existent during the playoffs. Management really screwed up that extension . 

A genius move would’ve been to trade him… For Brady Tkachuk

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

Ya I get it 

im holding to my conspiracy theory… the Oil were chosen to advance… 

they were told to hold back till the game was out of reach therefore no shot on Skinner the sieve

game 5 we totally showed up and coulda run up the score… but…

Along comes game 6 and we are a completely different animal… we suddenly became a docile flacid limp biscuit… 

we became a different team so the Coilers could advance 

it’s kinda obvious 

If I was Aquaman and "told" to lose on purpose and forego about $10M in revenue a playoff home game, I would have shit a brick if I was him.

Doubt any such conspiracy exists but fun to throw them out there, LoL.

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Rocket-68 said:

If I was Aquaman and "told" to lose on purpose and forego about $10M in revenue a playoff home game, I would have shit a brick if I was him.

Doubt any such conspiracy exists but fun to throw them out there, LoL.

I think there’s a bigger picture going on though to be honest with you… I think there’s profit-sharing going on it’s a franchise… it’s a business

I mean it’s a well-known fact that the more successful franchises help out the less successful franchises… To a certain extent…

Kind of like how Canada is run all of us are propping up Quebec…

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

I think there’s a bigger picture going on though to be honest with you… I think there’s profit-sharing going on it’s a franchise… it’s a business

I mean it’s a well-known fact that the more successful franchises help out the less successful franchises… To a certain extent…

There are enough people running around this world sporting enormous tinfoil hats thus don't subscribe to conspiracy theories myself.

However, in the spirit of humouring ourselves assume such a thing was even remotely plausible. That would mean 7 of the 32 teams would be "happy" with wining a Stanley Cup once every 30 - 40 years or so (the Oilers won't make it past Dallas). None of the 7 team owners would stand for that as the "business" you subscribe to involves paying back the fans of their teams with a shiny bobble every now and then otherwise they will lose interest = money for said owners.

And the amount of people it would take to organize such a travesty would literally number in the 1,000's and a disgruntled employee or a patriot would have long ago become Deep Throat and blown the story open by splashing it over every newspaper in North America prompting an instant "rigging da game" investigation by Congress and every MP sitting in Ottawa. To do otherwise would have every said MP strung up their their privates by incensed constituents. The old saying "three can keep a secret if two are dead" could not be applied to a more deserving scenario than fixing who wins the Stanley Cup by a group of creeps (*cough* Bettman) sitting in a smoky room in the back of a Mexican strip joint in TJ.

Does fixing of games happen, absolutely, but a very small group of dedicated people and in most case they are eventually found out.

Now onto Quebec ... just kidding ... I don't need bombs mailed to my house thank you very much. Politics is touchy enough without us little people trying to wade into the swamp.

GO CANUCK GO!!!!!

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Haha 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

14 minutes ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

Bigger picture is that the owner's main skill is that he was born with a 'silver spoon'😉

• Haha 1

Just now, Rocket-68 said:

There are enough people running around this world sporting enormous tinfoil hats thus don't subscribe to conspiracy theories myself.

However, in the spirit of humouring ourselves assume such a thing was even remotely plausible. That would mean 7 of the 32 teams would be "happy" with wining a Stanley Cup once every 30 - 40 years or so (the Oilers won't make it past Dallas). None of the 7 team owners would stand for that as the "business" you subscribe to involves paying back the fans of their teams with a shiny bobble every now and then otherwise they will lose interest = money for said owners.

And the amount of people it would take to organize such a travesty would literally number in the 1,000's and a disgruntled employee or a patriot would have long ago become Deep Throat and blown the story open by splashing it over every newspaper in North America prompting an instant "rigging da game" investigation by Congress and every MP sitting in Ottawa. To do otherwise would have every said MP strung up their their privates by incensed constituents. The old saying "three can keep a secret if two are dead" could not be applied to a more deserving scenario that fixing who wins the Stanley Cup.

Does fixing of games happen, absolutely, but a very small group of dedicated people and in most case they are eventually found out.

Now onto Quebec ... just kidding ... I don't need bombs mailed to my house thank you very much. Politics is touchy enough without us little people trying to wade into the swamp.

GO CANUCK GO!!!!!

Off-topic but....

History of the "original six" NHL....

Essentially the league thru much of this time was a three team league (heh, even far less than the CFL).  Toronto, Montreal, and Detroit.  Yes there were three other US teams but the Red Wings had significant control/indirect ownership of the other three US teams (it wasn't referred to as the "Norris [Red Wings owner] league" for nothing.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Off-topic but....

History of the "original six" NHL....

Essentially the league thru much of this time was a three team league (heh, even far less than the CFL).  Toronto, Montreal, and Detroit.  Yes there were three other US teams but the Red Wings had significant control/indirect ownership of the other three US teams (it wasn't referred to as the "Norris [Red Wings owner] league" for nothing.

Of course shit happened when players were paid nothing as they were back them but for some reason the Canadiens won 475 Stanley Cups while the rest ate beans because Norris wanted it that way ? ... fun times and fascinating discussion. 

• Cheers 2

20 hours ago, NucksFan said:

One of the local sports reporters posted that they talked to Dr.( can’t remember the name ) and he said that blood thinners work really well and that it could be possible they could ultrasound next day and clot could be gone and if that happened things could be good  going forward quickly , fwiw 

That's BS....blood thinners don't breakdown clots.  They prevent further growth of clots.  Your body naturally breaks down clots and he'll have to wait for that to happen.  There's a drug that can breakdown clots, but it's not a standard of practice for DVTs.....possible, but not standard treatment.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

Of course shit happened when players were paid nothing as they were back them but for some reason the Canadiens won 475 Stanley Cups while the rest ate beans because Norris wanted it that way ? ... fun times and fascinating discussion. 

***Looks at your username***....

Another "Rocket" beats up Sean Avery (don't say that Avery can't poke fun at himself by taking this movie role):