[PGT]Round 2, Game 7 - Canucks vs Oilers - May 20th, 2024

MikeyD

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, RU SERIOUS said:

I'd say there's only a 10% chance 📯-Wreck and Lind-🏠 are both back - if even one of them.   Especially  📯-Wreck, who's agent said he's asking a minimum $8M/yr which needless to say is not realistic and Lind-🏠 expecting in the $9-10M range and term which is insanity to pay a guy at 30 and only a 2nd liner.   So unless both or either come back down to earth and really want to stay here, I'd say they are long-goners because we can use that sort of money ($18 Million) to pay for real stars.

I agree on Lindholm. At $8 - $9 (even less) mil we can't afford him as a top 6, not that he fit there this year anyway. Certainly not as a 3C where he would likely play. Our lineup would be Swiss cheese like this year. I don't like the idea of paying Hronek $8 but unless there is a better option you can't just replace him with a piece of rubbish like Bear or Myers either, or we're right back to being the laughing stock of the league. At the end of the day you should be expecting to pay your top RD a decent chunk of change.

Edited by Gawdzukes
  • Cheers 1

42 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

I agree on Lindholm. At $8 - $9 (even less) mil we can't afford him as a top 6, not that he fit there this year anyway. Certainly not as a 3C where he would likely play. Our lineup would be Swiss cheese like this year. I don't like the idea of paying Hronek $8 but unless there is a better option you can't just replace him with a piece of rubbish like Bear or Myers either, or we're right back to being the laughing stock of the league. At the end of the day you should be expecting to pay your top RD a decent chunk of change.

Myers isn't rubbish.  Well, he is with increased minutes/responsibilities.  But as a #5, he's more than respectable IMHO.  But yeah, he can't replace Hronek's minutes.

• Cheers 1

18 hours ago, Bobby James said:

This is so true. I'm surprised more people aren't considering this an important factor in the discussions around Petey. 

I feel like every star in the game is playing with genuine top 6 talent. You gave great examples (McDavid even plays a ton with Drai), plus look at guys like Matthews - he had Marner for years and this year it shifted, but Domi and Bertuzzi are still great offensive players.  Or Kucherov playing with Point and/or Stamkos. 

Petey needs talent on his line, the dude makes plays he needs player to be able to keep up and finish off the chances. 

Exactly. It's absurd that a bunch of people just insist that Petey should produce insane numbers no matter what and make everyone around him stars, even complete plugs like Mikheyev.

You have an insanely invaluable asset. He's also young and just finding his way into the upper echelon of talents. Give him the tools and the path to make the team the best it can be. Like you said, just about every good star has a wingman that reads and reacts better and exponentially raises both players games. They didn't take Pippen away from Jordan and they didn't force Gretzky to do it all by himself either. 

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

"The longer I went, the more pain I felt"

So there's that.

Some will say they should have shut him down but sometimes these things have a way of working themselves out.

Having had a bad knee, it can be good for awhile then flare up/be bad after one move that went a bit sideways.

• Like 1

If only we signed Phil Kessel...

!

(lulz)

Anyway.... still feeling happy/proud/sad

there's only room for 1 emotion.... 1, I sez.

Class to hear the cheering by the fans after the game.

Just now, Canadian_Kanga said:

If only we signed Phil Kessel...

!

(lulz)

Anyway.... still feeling happy/proud/sad

there's only room for 1 emotion.... 1, I sez.

Class to hear the cheering by the fans after the game.

I think he would've been slow and I really don't know that he was what we needed.

Sure, we needed goals and he can score them. But I just don't know that he was the missing piece.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

I think he would've been slow and I really don't know that he was what we needed.

Sure, we needed goals and he can score them. But I just don't know that he was the missing piece.

I agree, he wasn't...I was just reliving the fun times when the media was talking about it.  that's why I added 'lol' so no one would take it too seriously, post playoffs

edit..post 'our' playoffs.  😞

Edited by Canadian_Kanga
  • Cheers 1