[PGT]Round 2, Game 7 - Canucks vs Oilers - May 20th, 2024

MikeyD

I’m surprised at just how quickly my hockey-thoughts have turned to how Rutherford and his assistant could significantly improve this team for next year. I really wish Willander was ready to go, as he would be the easy replacement for Cole and give us a much needed speed boost on D, but Young Tom needs more marinating at Boston U. One of my main take aways from this playoff was that our team needs MORE SPEED throughout the line up. Wish we had more speed in our prospect pipeline in general.

Putting faith in Rutherford and company has worked so far, hope they continue to earn the fans trust.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I am still not ready to be without Canucks hockey. The 2 missed opportunities still hurt me like hell. Why can we play like we mean it only for the last 10 minutes in crucial games, until it's too little too late? 

This year's postseason was wide open and probably the best chance we had. I know JR and PA will keep the team competitive, but I'm not sure if things will go right again anytime soon like they did this season.

Edited by 1-d
  • Cheers 1

33 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Just gotta be proud, and hope the team learns from this experience for next season

They absolutely will, Edmontons learn this lesson 6 times in the last years. Its the experience that led them past the Canucks. 

8 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Petey, I am tired of repeating this but, BULK. THE. FUCK. UP. This needs to be a learning lesson that your 170 pound frame isn't enough for the playoffs. You're not fast or elusive enough to make it work. You easily could be a top 5 player in this league if you hit 185-190+. Look what Lindholm was able to do. 6'1, 200 pounds. You telling me your 6'3 frame can't hit 190-195? Your dedication needs to match your skill.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

Likely 4-6 months based on other players that have had similar disgnoses.

Plus they will need to get some training and condition to get to the game speed.  One extra month after recovery plus two weeks of conditioning assignment if they choose to do it so.  We're looking at January return at this point.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

wouldn't have come this far without Lindy for sure.  

You can't have everything.  Kuz just wasn't able to score to save his spot.  

Kuz was able to score with Calgary, im not saying Kuz was the answer but I think Toch coached the offense out of us a little too much sometimes.

• Cheers 2

8 minutes ago, PeteyBoeser said:

Maybe we put him LTIr and get some cap to sign our players. He gets ready for next years playoffs somewhat fresh! 

We're gonna have to pull a Mark Stone, Spend 120 on cap..I'm sick of not having nice things! It's time to cheat.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, hockeyville88 said:

Ya I commented earlier that he looked on the verge of crying, at least the fans got their message across that we were proud of them 

• Like 2

Just now, JeremyCuddles said:

Petey, I am tired of repeating this but, BULK. THE. FUCK. UP. This needs to be a learning lesson that your 170 pound frame isn't enough for the playoffs. You're not fast or elusive enough to make it work. You easily could be a top 5 player in this league if you hit 185-190+. Look what Lindholm was able to do. 6'1, 200 pounds. You telling me your 6'3 frame can't hit 190-195? Your dedication needs to match your skill.

Ya he was just so easy to nullify and I think part of the problem was that he knew he wasn’t strong enough to break through. He just seemed to give in to knowing he isn’t strong enough.

I like lindy but it was a bad trade to fit tocs ego.

Messed up the chemistry for sure, you could tell petey was affected. 

Lindy was an upgrade at 3 center that wasn't needed as our current 3rd line was one of the best in the league.

All of a sudden we have no winger depth and look at all the plugs in our line up tonight.

mik, pdg missing grade A chances. Laf doing nothing useful 

A few depth adds like greenway etc was all that was needed, and for toc to let the guys play, fk this nonsense protecting 0-0 

1 minute ago, coolboarder said:

Plus they will need to get some training and condition to get to the game speed.  One extra month after recovery plus two weeks of conditioning assignment if they choose to do it so.  We're looking at January return at this point.

No need to make things up.  We dont know what the underlying cause of his DVT.  I'm sure they will have good a Dr look at it.  I have good excellent friends at VGH. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

I think that's the consensus here. Most seem to be in the Stars' corner.

Go Dallas.

I'd rather eat shit than cheer for the Coilers and be associated with their fans.

That Boston Pizza ad can join them in the outhouse.

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

Just now, JeremyCuddles said:

Ever heard of the term “hard gainer”? It’s a real thing. I do think he’ll solidify a bit more with age, but I doubt he’ll ever be as physically stout as Lindholm.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

We needed to get more shots on net. We weren't offensively aggressive enough. Too much passing, not enough shots. 

At least we came back to get it close.

Edited by Dr. Crossbar
  • Like 1