[WCF] Dallas Stars (C1) vs. Edmonton Oilers (P2)

Who will win the series?  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Stars in 7
    • Stars in 6
    • Stars in 5
    • Stars in 4
    • Oilers in 4
    • Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7

43 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

When Sportsnet is running Oilers ads all playoffs it’s obvious who they’re cheering for.

I remember growing up with what I thought was fair and impartial hockey coverage. But it’s obvious more than ever that corporate agendas and advertising dollars trump everything. Might as well be watching these series on Oilers TV.

Wouldn't you expect them to focus on a Canadian team?  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

17 minutes ago, JustRich said:

One thing I really noticed was the lack of will and urgency by the coils in the last few minutes.

Our team would've cranked it up.  These guys are hack frauds and watching them lose this series will be so delicious.

That's what happens when your captain cares more about individual stats than winning.

1 minute ago, stawns said:

Wouldn't you expect them to focus on a Canadian team?  

No, I'd expect them to act like professionals and call the games neutrally since most hockey fans understand how much of a disgrace to the sport the Oilers are.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

4 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

No, I'd expect them to act like professionals and call the games neutrally since most hockey fans understand how much of a disgrace to the sport the Oilers are.

So if were Van against Dallas and SN didn't focus on Van, you wouldn't be calling them unprofessional hacks for not supporting the last Canadian team standing?

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Sooey Steamer said:

Cousin, I believe.  Please don't tarnish Sarah by associating her any closer to Big Baboon (oops sorry, I shouldn't insult baboons either) than she is!

I think Darnell Nurse is an overpaid underperforming defenseman.

But what the actual fuck is this disgusting post?! 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Meh, they passed on Cale Makar...   🤨

For Heiskanen.   The real "next Lidstrom".   Not a small consulation prize.   Dallas is a powerhouse, because they drafted incredibly well.   No state taxes help a ton when it comes to re-signing guys and UFAs. 

Best team in the league in arguably the best division.   No small task.    

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 2

Dallas in six.   Don't think they will close them out easily.   Do think they will though.   It's tough, on one hand they are the final Canadian team, and I do root for that.   

So far the EDM-VAN series is considered the most emotional, hard fought series of the playoffs.   Only chance EDM has at this point is to match that emotion level and McDavid needs to go into the belly of the beast,   like his butt-buddy Draisatl.   Otherwise they are toast. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, IBatch said:

Dallas in six.   Don't think they will close them out easily.   Do think they will though.   It's tough, on one hand they are the final Canadian team, and I do root for that.   

So far the EDM-VAN series is considered the most emotional, hard fought series of the playoffs.   Only chance EDM has at this point is to match that emotion level and McDavid needs to go into the belly of the beast,   like his butt-buddy Draisatl.   Otherwise they are toast. 

Alf makes a new Empty each time a Canadian team (not us) is eliminated from Cup contention. The Coiler bottle is on the counter and getting closer to the glass. 

6 hours ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

I think Darnell Nurse is an overpaid underperforming defenseman.

But what the actual fuck is this disgusting post?! 

What’s wrong with it? Nurse sucks pucks and is dumb as a post. F him. 

9 hours ago, stawns said:

So if were Van against Dallas and SN didn't focus on Van, you wouldn't be calling them unprofessional hacks for not supporting the last Canadian team standing?

They were supporting Edmonton long before they were the last Canadian team standing.

That's the issue here.

• Like 2
  • Vintage 1

A good strategy....I really wish we would've shot more rather than aiming for perfect shots. Sigh.

Petey, take note. You can do this too.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

11 hours ago, Rekker said:

Dallas drafting and development, Tanev. It's why I can cheer Stars  of the remaining four. 

Yes, while I didn't like him signing with the Flames...traitor....I would really like to see him get a cup. The moment we lost I said I am cheering for the Stars

• Upvote 1