[WCF] Dallas Stars (C1) vs. Edmonton Oilers (P2)

Who will win the series?  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Stars in 7
    • Stars in 6
    • Stars in 5
    • Stars in 4
    • Oilers in 4
    • Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7

14 minutes ago, Wing said:

Puke...I thought Dallas has the edge as the deeper team. 

I think there was only 3 oiler feds over 20 mins of ice tonight, hyman mcd and drai and they were barley over.......seems like depth to me

8 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Where was that effort the first two and a half periods? Guess the Stars the were ordained or something. Bloody weird..

It looked so much like a Vancouver type effort. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, 24K said:

My god panthers better not choke.

They have experience. Should have won vs VGK, but got too many injures by then.  Tkachuk was playing with a broken rib. 

I would love to see Luongo to lift the cup though.  

2 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

They have experience. Should have won vs VGK, but got too many injures by then.  Tkachuk was playing with a broken rib. 

I would love to see Luongo to lift the cup though.  

Van vs. Fla final next year. We'll get to see exactly where Lu's loyalties lie.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Chickenspear said:

OEL too. He's still getting paid by Aquaman 

• Haha 1

Dallas is not that great, definitely not a Colorado or Tampa, and I think Vancouver would beat them too (though no Boeser and an injured Petey don't help).

Stars names is inappropriate. They should be called the Dallas tiddly winks, or the Okie Dokes.

Oilers making them look slow and disinterested.

I can’t belueve that I missed watching Real Housewives of Salt Lake City to watch this crap,

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Posted (edited)

Dallas coach to press: "You can write whatever fuck you want!" 

I'm starting to like him. 

Edited by Jaimito
  • Haha 4

Posted (edited)

I know a lot of people on this forum hate the Oilers... I am not a fan... but you do need to give credit where credit is due.

They are performing as they should... their big guys are improving on their regular season play, especially Evan Bouchard... and the rest of the team is playing well defensively.  Skinner... not so much.  He is just his usual floppy, streaky self... a good team would take advantage of that.

But... Dallas is not playing up to their regular season level.  They are not forechecking, they are not using their speed, they are not generating shots and they are not scoring.

So many talented scorers on Dallas... they have great depth... but for some reason they are all simultaneously choking.

I don't believe Skinner is doing anything special... the saves I see from him are a result of the Dallas players shooting the puck directly at him... or more often, missing the net.

I still think Dallas is overall the better balanced team... but doesn't matter how balanced you are, if you have no jump and you miss your opportunities, you don't win.

But Dallas has overcome adversity in the 1st and 2nd rounds, so they can overcome this situation.  But they need to get a LOT more jump and their shooters need to bear down.

I don't care that much who advances... but I'd prefer to see the Western Conference team beat the East.

Edited by -Buzzsaw-

The good news about this series, is that the Canucks, missing Demko and with Pettersson not at 100%, gave the Oilers more trouble than Dallas has so far.

Bodes well for next season, assuming Demko comes back healthy and they don't overplay him again... and assuming management finds a top sixer for Pettersson to play with.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Where was that effort the first two and a half periods? Guess the Stars thought they were ordained or something. Bloody weird..

Stars thought they were Cardiac Canucks. And could could manage to come back in the game by playing 10 mins of hockey towards the end. 

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Scott72 said:

Stars thought they were Cardiac Canucks. And could could manage to come back in the game by playing 10 mins of hockey towards the end. 

Nah, that's our shtick.

4 hours ago, HKSR said:

I think a healthy Petey and Demko and the series would have been over before game 7.

Do you honestly think the Oilers were a healthy bunch against us? 

Draisaitl was banged up in game 1. McDavid hasn’t looked like McDavid all playoffs. Nurse hasn’t thrown his weight around, until today. 

We can’t dwell on what ifs. 

3 hours ago, Scott72 said:

No joke every single playoff game played Canucks dominated last 10 mins, was that on purpose?

5 hours ago, PeteyBoeser said:

I’m thinking NHL is rigged. I think after game 5 the league told the Canucks to let off the gas and let rhe Oilers win. That explains the lack of urgency from them games 6 and 7. They were told from Bettman  that McDavid has to win this year because it’s the only one Bettman will allow.  So Oilers are guaranteed the cup. That’s why all the commercials about cheering for Canada started this year. I have never seen that. 

You didn't propose this statement, it's been debated by experts already and many are calling for a legal review. A lot of evidence including ESPN putting Oilers ahead already before Canucks lost, evidence that Canucks scored 2 goals with ease last 10 mins and had fresh legs it appears in the end so they purposely held back for Game 6 and 7.. the fact that all these Canada for the cup commercials..  its Oilers year as mandated by the NHL but the legality of scheduling a win by a team is really grey moral ground.

Posted (edited)
On 5/23/2024 at 11:10 AM, RupertKBD said:

I always get a chuckle out of this "support the Canadian team!" mantra that crops up virtually every year. :classic_rolleyes: To that I say, "How did that go in 2011?"

The fact is, the only Canadian team I would cheer for after the Canucks is Winnipeg.....and maybe Ottawa....

I don’t know where people got the narrative that it was us against the world, in 2011?

The majority of Canada wanted us to win. The only region that wanted the Bruins to win were people from the maritimes. In fact I have relatives who live in Ontario, specifically Toronto and they said people were cheering for Vancouver, because of the rivalry they had with  Boston. I’m willing to bet it’s the same with Habs fans in Montreal. 

Sportsnet even did a poll, and the results were in favour for the Canucks.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/poll-canucks-support/?sn-amp

Where the numbers become interesting is when the data collected is broken down by province. To no surprise Canucks’ support is strongest in British Columbia, where a solid 88 per cent of residents that have been following the 2011 NHL playoffs are cheering for the home team. However, in the province where playoff hockey was not part of the plan this season, the Leafs-loving and Senators-loving Ontario revealed that 85 per cent of hockey fans are cheering for the Canucks.

But what about the idea of “Love thy neighbour”? While most Albertans (60 per cent) are cheering for their neighbours to the west, just over a third (36 per cent) would rather the Cup be raised in Boston.

Edited by shiznak
  • Cheers 1

6 hours ago, Chickenspear said:

easy the team that retired his jersey and offered him a front office job over the team that didn't retire his number and didn't want to pay him to be on LTIR

2 hours ago, shiznak said:

I don’t know where people got the narrative that it was us against the world, in 2011?

The majority of Canada wanted us to win. The only region that wanted the Bruins to win were people from the maritimes. In fact I have relatives who live in Ontario, specifically Toronto and they said people were cheering for Vancouver, because of the rivalry they had with  Boston. I’m willing to bet it’s the same with Habs fans in Montreal. 

Sportsnet even did a poll, and the results were in favour for the Canucks.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/poll-canucks-support/?sn-amp

The Habs fans I went to school with in Prince George who were pulling for Boston would say otherwise. Polls don't show the whole story and aren't accurate lol how it went back then was if you weren't a Canucks fan you either didn't watch hockey or were pulling for Boston.  

4 hours ago, shiznak said:

Do you honestly think the Oilers were a healthy bunch against us? 

Draisaitl was banged up in game 1. McDavid hasn’t looked like McDavid all playoffs. Nurse hasn’t thrown his weight around, until today. 

We can’t dwell on what ifs. 

Kind of irrelevant... healty or unhealthy... Petey on 100% and Demko in net definitely gives Canucks a far greater chance of knocking this Oiler team out...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1