[WCF] Dallas Stars (C1) vs. Edmonton Oilers (P2)

Who will win the series?  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Stars in 7
    • Stars in 6
    • Stars in 5
    • Stars in 4
    • Oilers in 4
    • Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7

Just now, Dr. Crossbar said:

Have to admit, the Oilers have an extra gear that other teams don't. If they win, it will be interesting to see if the Panthers D can do a better job neutralizing that in their own zone. 

McDavid and Draisaitl have the extra gear... .the rest of the team jumps on their back.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

Edmonton's pretty easy to intimidate with cowards like Nurse, Drysaitl, and McDavid.  All of those 3 have serious issues when the game gets physical and start concentrating on diving and throwing tantrums to the ref instead of playing the game.

Heff there’s a solid chance your gonna eat your words

3 minutes ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

I agree... Florida is much more physical...

But... Edmonton's defense is bigger than Dallas.  If they can continue to play well and avoid mistakes, they will be tough to intimidate.

Guys like Kane could also be a factor... Tkachuk and Bennett are 'pretend' tough... Kane is 'Real' tough... If Bennett starts running around I could see Kane laying down the law.  Kane was a non-factor in the Canucks series because he knew Big Z would kick his a$$ if he tried anything... I don't see anyone comparable to Z on Florida.

Kane last year was awesome 

This year not as impressive. 

Kane has been basically a non factor.

4 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Nurse isn't out for the second.

yea

How terribly unfortunate. I hope Florida destroys these frauds - and yes they are frauds, and yes call me petty. I am still bitter about our series. They had an underwhelming Kings team first, and were very lucky we did not have Demko, a full strength Pettersson and no Boeser game 7. And the Sutherland game was a freaking joke and should not count. How anyone without an Edmonton birth certificate is cheering for them is beyond me. Whiny, no character and they are power play merchants.  GO FLORIDA

• Like 2

Just now, Hairy Kneel said:

Kane last year was awesome 

This year not as impressive. 

Kane has been basically a non factor.

If the Oilers advance, lets see how he does vs Florida.

That will be his kind of series.

Just now, -Buzzsaw- said:

McDavid and Draisaitl have the extra gear... .the rest of the team jumps on their back.

It's pulling them all forward, forcing the others to find their extra gear. 

• Thanks 1

Re the extra gear: also factoring in is the fact that they were completely humiliated during the first part of the season. That's motivation and I'm sure that failure, at this point, would loom pretty large for them.

I do give them credit for how they turned their season around...we've done that too though.

So I hope they crash and burn is what I'm trying to say here.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Cromeslab said:

Heff there’s a solid chance your gonna eat your words

None of those 3 have shown any sign that they are capable of playing like real men.  There's no reason to pretend any of the Oilers are worthy of any respect whatsoever.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Well there have been a couple soft calls

As they say those usually even themselves out

But it could be the edge McD needs to win it

No there haven't.  There was an obvious trip and a slash to the hands on a breakaway.  Both calls were pretty obvious

Edited by stawns

1 minute ago, -dlc- said:

Re the extra gear: also factoring in is the fact that they were completely humiliated during the first part of the season. That's motivation and I'm sure that failure, at this point, would loom pretty large for them.

I do give them credit for how they turned their season around...we've done that too though.

So I hope they crash and burn is what I'm trying to say here.

Coaching in both cases....  Knoblauch has to be given credit for giving the Oil a defensive system... same as Tocchet for the Canucks.

• Vintage 1

Just now, King Heffy said:

None of those 3 have shown any sign that they are capable of playing like real men.

Poised to go the final,not that I’m a fan

Just now, Ghostsof1915 said:

Another Stanley Cup with teams I don't care about.

God , we will never hear the end of it if Edmonton wins.

Id like to see Lu and OEL lift the Cup

12 minutes ago, Wing said:

Watching the Florida/rangers series, they're very different from the teams that Oils have faced so far. LA, Dallas, and Canucks aren't fast teams..Oils have adjusted in the latter part of the series against us to keep the game low event (I can't believe I'm saying this but thats defense). I think Florida has the speed to attack in waves and also the non stop grind to wear teams out. It'd be interesting to see how well Oils' current style will match up against Florida..

Id agree with that perspective, for sure.  

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

No there haven't.  There was an obvious trip and a slash to the hands on a breakaway.  Both calls were pretty obvious

Aww that slash really?

Looks like your really invested here

Just now, greenbean30 said:

This Dallas team is all over the place, and have like zero physicality.. 

They're constantly losing their men and leaving Oilers wide open, and aren't making it tough on Skinner at all 

Dallas is really underachieving.

Maybe they are over-confident after coming back against both Vegas and Colorado... but they just seem to be passively waiting for something to happen.

I am not seeing any desperation.

18 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Well the stats say we took them to seven games and no Boeser (leading scorer) 

Agreed, you still have to win the games, but I'd say Vancouver looked outclassed for the majority of that series, even when they won.  Silovs was unreal

20 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Maurice needs to turn it into an aggressive series right from the hop, imo. 

100% and I really want to see him win one, he deserves it