[WCF] Dallas Stars (C1) vs. Edmonton Oilers (P2)

Who will win the series?  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Stars in 7
    • Stars in 6
    • Stars in 5
    • Stars in 4
    • Oilers in 4
    • Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7

I want Florida to lift its first cup. They've taken in a bunch of players that other teams don't want and created their own identity. Sure they basically had Tkachuk choosing to play for them, but they built the rest of that team.

This isn't about me not wanting another Canadian team to lift the cup. If this is Winnipeg I'd cheer for them over Florida. I just can't stand Oilers. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, Wing said:

Watching the Florida/rangers series, they're very different from the teams that Oils have faced so far. LA, Dallas, and Canucks aren't fast teams..Oils have adjusted in the latter part of the series against us to keep the game low event (I can't believe I'm saying this but thats defense). I think Florida has the speed to attack in waves and also the non stop grind to wear teams out. It'd be interesting to see how well Oils' current style will match up against Florida..

I said the same thing. Florida's D really shut down the Rangers. Especially yesterday in neutralizing the Rangers attack. They couldn't get anything going. The Panthers also have speed. It will be interesting.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

Dallas is really underachieving.

Maybe they are over-confident after coming back against both Vegas and Colorado... but they just seem to be passively waiting for something to happen.

I am not seeing any desperation.

Yeah, it looks like they are just nonchalantly going through the motions. I mean, the Oilers are playing well(as much as I hate admitting it), but Dallas is also playing poorly.

3 minutes ago, Believe In Blue said:

I hate the Oilers but Dallas has really shit the bed this series. They don’t deserve to win after this.

Bleh

Ha, before the game someone posted “Dallas, do something” I replied “shitting the bed is something.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Ha, before the game someone posted “Dallas, do something” I replied “shitting the bed is something.

Stars doing way too much defending. Keep backing up. Do they not realize there's no tomorrow?

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

Agreed, you still have to win the games, but I'd say Vancouver looked outclassed for the majority of that series, even when they won.  Silovs was unreal

I agree the Canucks were generally outplayed... but that is with no Demko.... Silovs played well but look at his stats... not close to Demko's typical level.

And as has been mentioned, with Pettersson not at 100% and Boeser missing in the final game and clearly drained of energy in the 6th game.

The Canucks did hold McDavid to well below his usual production during the series... unlike what Dallas has accomplished.

And they chased Skinner out of the net for a couple games... overall I think the Canucks challenged the Oiler goalies much more effectively.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Believe In Blue said:

I hate the Oilers but Dallas has really shit the bed this series. They don’t deserve to win after this.

Bleh

True. I have a new found disrespect for the Stars. Little fellas that don’t like to hit, and can’t kill a penalty. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

I agree the Canucks were generally outplayed... but that is with no Demko.... Silovs played well but look at his stats... not close to Demko's typical level.

And as has been mentioned, with Pettersson not at 100% and Boeser missing in the final game and clearly drained of energy in the 6th game.

The Canucks did hold McDavid to well below his usual production during the series... unlike what Dallas has accomplished.

And they chased Skinner out of the net for a couple games... overall I think the Canucks challenged the Oiler goalies much more effectively.

So win the whole damn thing next year?

Just now, -Buzzsaw- said:

They did a good job of keeping Edmonton to the outside, for sure, but they hardly had the puck for the entire series.

I don't think Demko would have been any better and I know what the stats say, but I know what my eyes says too and silovs was the main reason it went 7 games, imo

Just now, Hairy Kneel said:

No to Tanman

Sorry 

But no

Yea as much as I would like Tanev to come back he's not the right fit if we're signing him to play with Hughes. He can't play 20+ min anymore and certainly can't be count on in a long playoff series. 

• Like 1