[WCF] Dallas Stars (C1) vs. Edmonton Oilers (P2)

Who will win the series?  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Stars in 7
    • Stars in 6
    • Stars in 5
    • Stars in 4
    • Oilers in 4
    • Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7

Just now, Ghostsof1915 said:

So win the whole damn thing next year?

If they can re-sign Z, Myers and Soucy, add 2 big, fast 4th liners who like to hit, and find a top six winger either in free agency or from the organization.

And if Demko is not over-played and is healthy for the playoffs... its unimportant to finish #1 in the League or Conference if your goalie goes down just before the playoffs.

Demko healthy can win a series all by himself.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

So win the whole damn thing next year?

If we can get a winger or two for Petey and add some size and speed to the bottom six, we'd be close imo. Hell we came a game from the WCF without Demko and Petey/Hughes were obviously not close to 100%.

6 minutes ago, greenbean30 said:

Yeah, it looks like they are just nonchalantly going through the motions. I mean, the Oilers are playing well(as much as I hate admitting it), but Dallas is also playing poorly.

Other than scoring on their two pos the Oil haven’t done much of anything. Dallas is making Skinner look like Shesterkin, shooting pucks at his crest, as if that’s going to get it done.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Barnstorm said:

Pucks are hitting him. Lucky to be good.

Skinner is mediocre.... he gives up rebounds nearly every shot.

You have to be there to pounce on them... Dallas is not doing that.

And you have to test him where he is weak... not his glove side... blocker side above the pads.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Pears said:

Oilers don't deserve to win a bloody thing after all the whining, diving and cheap shit they've pulled all playoffs. 

Agreed. I hope the Panthers kick their collective asses should they win tonight 

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Wing said:

Yea as much as I would like Tanev to come back he's not the right fit if we're signing him to play with Hughes. He can't play 20+ min anymore and certainly can't be count on in a long playoff series. 

I agree...  Tanev is past it... better to sign Myers, Z and Soucy, and let Juulsen learn through the season.  Also sign Hronek if we can get him at 7.0.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, PistolPete13 said:

Other than scoring on their two pos the Oil haven’t done much of anything. Dallas is making Skinner look like Shesterkin, shooting pucks at his crest, as if that’s going to get it done.

They came out pretty strong but after the second goal they’re definitely sitting back. Big mistake IMHO, could come back to bite them.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, PeteyBoeser said:

Is Skinner that good now? Imagine Skinner lifting the cup before Demko..

His team is no longer doing stupid things in front of him which helps.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Pears said:

Oilers don't deserve to win a bloody thing after all the whining, diving and cheap shit they've pulled all playoffs. 

To quote a certain Film Star:

"...deserves got nothing to do with it..."

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

I agree...  Tanev is past it... better to sign Myers, Z and Soucy, and let Juulsen learn through the season.  Also sign Hronek if we can get him at 7.0.

Yup hopefully people are watching and realize he is not the answer if we were to move Hronek.  With that being said, hopefully people realize how valuable Hronek is... a 26yo top pair RHD that can play a solid 23min+ per night.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

Just now, Dumb Nuck said:

Oilers are sitting back and they haven’t been the best at holding a 2 goal lead.

Stars are too small up front 

No way they can challenge in the slot

As much as they need to.

Just now, Wing said:

His team is no longer doing stupid things in front of him which helps.

Oilers D has played well... especially Eckholm who has been great in both ends of the ice.

Even boned head Nurse hasn't been making nearly as many stupid plays.

And Philip Broberg has played extremely well.

I was really hoping we would get a shot at drafting Broberg, but the Oilers management saw the same thing.

He will be a good one in the future for them.

• Cheers 1