[WCF] Dallas Stars (C1) vs. Edmonton Oilers (P2)

Who will win the series?  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Stars in 7
    • Stars in 6
    • Stars in 5
    • Stars in 4
    • Oilers in 4
    • Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7

2 minutes ago, DSVII said:

The attrition from having the LA kings as a round 1 opponent versus the Vegas Knights is showing here.

Theyve only played one more game than Edmonton

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, stawns said:

I'm talking about hronrk.  He's a $6m dollar dman, at best right now.  If he wants more $, take a short deal and show you deserve a longer deal.  He's done little to prove that so far.

I disagree about Hronek being a $6m d-man at best right now. He's on the same level as Hanafin and Toews.

Edited by greenbean30

1 minute ago, PeteyBoeser said:

If Canucks can win a championship with one line team I don’t mind. Heck if we win with being a one man team I’m good too. As long as Canucks win the Cup.

We have a great bottom 6 

If we can keep that line together 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, stawns said:

No there haven't.  There was an obvious trip and a slash to the hands on a breakaway.  Both calls were pretty obvious

"Obvious" doesn't mean they're always called. They miss some obvious ones so that's the point you may be overlooking.

18 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Yup hopefully people are watching and realize he is not the answer if we were to move Hronek.  With that being said, hopefully people realize how valuable Hronek is... a 26yo top pair RHD that can play a solid 23min+ per night.  

Supremely valuable - also with the cap increasing teams will not hesitate to step up and pay a top young offensive RHD 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

Dallas needs some desperation or this is over.

They can't lay back and hope for a lucky bounce.

they'll probably show up in the last 5 minutes, score one to make it close and that's it.

I feel like we can be friends with Dallas fans now. It's the same frustration that we saw in gm6 (except we actually played a gm7). It doesn't seem like the team wants it bad enough to have that extra gear. 

1 minute ago, -dlc- said:

"Obvious" doesn't mean they're always called. They miss some obvious ones so that's the point you may be overlooking.

So you’re saying bad refs for not missing those calls?

3 minutes ago, greenbean30 said:

I did agree a out Hronek being a $6m d-man at best right now. He's on the same level as Hanafin and Toews.

It's interesting how Hronek finished right behind Toews in defencemen points. A more consistent season next year and he likely finishes significantly higher. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Colorado was the best team, but Nichushkin got canceled and the rest is history.

I would think Colorado would have wiped the floor with Edmonton, but Dallas won and Edmonton got lucky for that (I'm upset Vancouver couldn't stay healthy enough to advance, because Dallas lacks the star power of a real team).

10 minutes ago, stawns said:

I'm talking about hronrk.  He's a $6m dollar dman, at best right now.  If he wants more $, take a short deal and show you deserve a longer deal.  He's done little to prove that so far.

You realize Myers and numerous other Dmen are paid $6M right? Is Myers worth the same as Hronek? Sure Myers next contract will be less but you are severely undervaluing how GM's and Teams value young RHD 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

It's interesting how Hronek finished right behind Toews in defencemen points. A more consistent season next year and he likely finishes significantly higher. 

Hronek benefited from Huggy

Just now, Dr. Crossbar said:

Yep, I don't get where people are coming from on Hronek not being worth resigning or under valuing him. He's not worth $8, that I will agree with, but he's definitely worth $7-7.25. 

Yes, he had a poor second half, but you could tell he was injured. When healthy, he is definitely a #2 d-man on pretty much every team in the NHL, #1 on a bunch.

• Cheers 2