[WCF] Dallas Stars (C1) vs. Edmonton Oilers (P2)

Who will win the series?  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Stars in 7
    • Stars in 6
    • Stars in 5
    • Stars in 4
    • Oilers in 4
    • Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, greenbean30 said:

Hughes is the better player, nobody is saying that he isn't. Hronek is a #2 d-man, Hughes did not make him into that, he's been trending towards that since he came into the league.

Well he didn't do much trending in the playoffs 

He was MIA

Edited by Hairy Kneel

10 minutes ago, LunarPoetry said:

You realize Myers and numerous other Dmen are paid $6M right? Is Myers worth the same as Hronek? Sure Myers next contract will be less but you are severely undervaluing how GM's and Teams value young RHD 

Then another gm can over value him and make a deal for him.  Obviously the Canucks only value him at $6.5m and that was months ago, ill bet their offer has gone down since then.

Just now, Hairy Kneel said:

Anyone would want to play with Huggy.

Stat heaven.

Huggy was doing too much before Hronek arrived. Hronek freed him up, created the mobility to make opposition off balance, creating more holes. That's why they were so successful. They fed off each other. 

Just now, stawns said:

Then another gm can over value him and make a deal for him.  Obviously the Canucks only value him at $6.5m and that was months ago, ill bet their offer has gone down since then.

I bet it hasn't, and I bet that isn't what the Canucks value him at. That's what they offered for the first discussion, you never offer your max as the employer, just like you never ask for your minimum when you counter as the employee.

• Cheers 1

Just now, -Buzzsaw- said:

He had a injury which basically eliminated his shot.

Says who?  He, himself said he wasn't injured.  If he couldn't shoot from the all star game on, why was he in the lineup every night?

Just now, stawns said:

Says who?  He, himself said he wasn't injured.  If he couldn't shoot from the all star game on, why was he in the lineup every night?

Because he still was a net positive compared to who we had to replace him?

• Cheers 1

Just now, greenbean30 said:

I bet it hasn't, and I bet that isn't what the Canucks value him at. That's what they offered for the first discussion, you never offer your max as the employer, just like you never ask for your minimum when you counter as the employee.

I think this management group offers what they value a player at.  Not a lot of low balling with this group, imo.  If they were low balling him, the offer would have gone higher, but it didnt

Just now, Dr. Crossbar said:

Huggy was doing too much before Hronek arrived. Hronek freed him up, created the mobility to make opposition off balance, creating more holes. That's why they were so successful. They fed off each other. 

They are a decent partnership...

But I personally think Hughes having a bigger RHD playing with him would be better.

They have problems controlling the boards under heavy forecheck because both of them are smaller.

Not saying Z, Soucy or Myers can be slotted in, but ideally a larger more physical D-man who is a fit with Hughes is a better solution.

But finding that D is tough... and do you give up a existing partnership that does work pretty well...  in favour of bringing in a new guy who maybe works?

Just now, stawns said:

I think this management group offers what they value a player at.  Not a lot of low balling with this group, imo.  If they were low balling him, the offer would have gone higher, but it didnt

Not one person negotiates by giving their final offer at the beginning, that does not happen in any type of negotiation lol.

1 minute ago, stawns said:

Media even said that he was injured but just didnt want to use it as an excuse

4 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

You mean Hronek fed off of Huggy

3 minutes ago, greenbean30 said:

This is how negotiations work. It's a dance.

Just now, BarneyKook said:

Media even said that he was injured but just didnt want to use it as an excuse

How would media know?  Why would it been seen as an excuse?  Why wouldn't he be honest after the seasons over?  What's he got to gain?