[WCF] Dallas Stars (C1) vs. Edmonton Oilers (P2)

Who will win the series?  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Stars in 7
    • Stars in 6
    • Stars in 5
    • Stars in 4
    • Oilers in 4
    • Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7

Just now, stawns said:

It is possible to watch a game and be objective without cheering for anyone in particular........maybe not for the MAGA Canucks fans, but hockey fans

Lol you are on a Canucks forum and you are surprised people are giving other people a hard time for cheering on one of the Canucks biggest rivals?

And stop with the MAGA Canucks bullshit, it makes your argument childish.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 3

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

Even if that happens, just let Cousins give McDiver something to actually cry and take the suspension for sending him to the hospital.

I don’t think anyone takes you seriously to begin with but comments like these do not belong in a hockey forum, absolutely disgusting.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

If Edmonton wins it’s in 5-6 games.. Nucks will be the ones that will have made them work for it imo.

So far we've been the toughest challenge. Took us not having Demko/Boeser to win by 1 goal.... man this year is going to be a big 'what if' after seeing the way Dallas preformed.

Think FLA will be EDM's toughest test though. Dallas looked like they ran out of gas & their depth on defense became a huge problem. Florida has the same forward depth, better defensive depth, better goaltending & better star power. 

The big X factor for EDM will be their special teams. So far we're the only team to score a PP goal against them in the playoffs, pretty remarkable. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, DeNiro said:

It’s “Canada’s team” when it’s the Leafs or McDavid.

Any other Canadian team does not get the constant media and corporate hype.

All they see is dollar signs whoring out McDavid for the next 10 years.

BINGO !!!

Just now, Rip The Mesh said:

Way to go, Don! Good point..

I didn't think so but after watching Dallas fold like this, i think there's a fair chance especially if we have Demko in net.

• Cheers 1

Just now, greenbean30 said:

Lol you are on a Canucks forum and you are surprised people are giving other people a hard time for cheering on one of the Canucks biggest rivals?

Actually the Oilers haven’t really been a rival since the ‘80s, either we’ve sucked, they’ve sucked or we both sucked.

No matter how you put it, what a remarkable turnaround for the Oilers. 

Reminiscent of the Blues 2018-19 run. Started horrendously and ended the year now in the Stanley Cup Finals.

A whole lotta people counted them out earlier in the season, especially here. 

Now just 4 wins away from the Stanley Cup. This season/playoffs has been a smashing success for them thus far. 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, stawns said:

It is possible to watch a game and be objective without cheering for anyone in particular........maybe not for the MAGA Canucks fans, but hockey fans

You're such a hypocrite it actually makes my head hurt. How is this allowed on this forum?

• Cheers 3

1 minute ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Actually the Oilers haven’t really been a rival since the ‘80s, either we’ve sucked, they’ve sucked or we both sucked.

I dunno, I guess if that's how you view it? To me, and a lot of other Canucks fans, the Oilers are a big rival, so are the Flames. It doesn't really matter if the teams sucked, those were games that you could always expect a lot of heat and animosity.

Just now, Smashian Kassian said:

So far we've been the toughest challenge. Took us not having Demko/Boeser to win by 1 goal.... man this year is going to be a big 'what if' after seeing the way Dallas preformed.

Think FLA will be EDM's toughest test though. Dallas looked like they ran out of gas & their depth on defense became a huge problem. Florida has the same forward depth, better defensive depth, better goaltending & better star power. 

The big X factor for EDM will be their special teams. So far we're the only team to score a PP goal against them in the playoffs, pretty remarkable. 

The Oils live and die by the pp and they will continue to do so against Florida. I just don't think Florida will let OIls have their way 5v5 like they did with Dallas and us. Florida has the speed to break through their coverage and the physicality to punish Oils' d on the boards. 

1 minute ago, Pears said:

You're such a hypocrite it actually makes my head hurt. How is this allowed on this forum?

Why aren’t you calling out the post wishing someone ends up in the hospital as well?

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Reminiscent of the Blues 2018-19 run. Started horrendously and ended the year now in the Stanley Cup Finals.

Now just 4 wins away from the Stanley Cup. This season/playoffs has been a smashing success for them thus far. 

The Blues were last place in the league in January and never considered a cup favourite. Not comparable.

The Oilers are showing how much needs to go right to make it this far. I can’t believe how many fortunate breaks they’ve gotten all playoffs including almost no injuries.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Chon derry said:

We took them to 7 a little banged up a little short staffed. I don’t know what Dallas’s reason/ excuse is ?

Yeah, I'm confident we beat Edmonton with Demko, but also a healthy petey and Boeser? Easy win.

Silovs was good, but he let Edmonton off the hook with his long range goals.

1 minute ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Why aren’t you calling out the post wishing someone ends up in the hospital as well?

That's out of pocket yes I agree. However, why didn't you answer my post about the same thing happening to Tkachuk last night not being a penalty?

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, gwarrior said:

How many draft lotteries do you have to win to build a team that will make the final?........................... 

I'm seriously asking, I've lost count of how many Edmonton won and still sucked ass.

Great question 

Yack

I have 2 last names

Hall

That's all I can remember but they also did well (okish) with Nurse, 29, Bouchard.

1 minute ago, Pears said:

That's out of pocket yes I agree. However, why didn't you answer my post about the same thing happening to Tkachuk last night not being a penalty?

Not sure what you’re talking about.

13 minutes ago, stawns said:

Cut with that MAGA crap please.  If you're not a Canuck fan you still have to show respect for us (here).

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Canuck You said:

Huge Florida style hurricane Oil spill about to devastate Deadmonton!

It always hits the trailer parks. That’s either dumb luck or alberta is just a giant trailer park…..

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, greenbean30 said:

Oh really, does my fandom have to look a certain way to be real?  Sounds like a certain "movement" down south.  Maybe you should whip up some kind of loyalty test

Edited by stawns
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

The credit goes to their coach, someone who can finally teach that team to play proper defense and found a way to not expose their weakness.

I didn't count them out, but did not expect how they've completely transformed to start playing solid defense - something the leafs couldn't be coached to do consistently and why they were out in the first round.