[WCF] Dallas Stars (C1) vs. Edmonton Oilers (P2)

Who will win the series?  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Stars in 7
    • Stars in 6
    • Stars in 5
    • Stars in 4
    • Oilers in 4
    • Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7

Edmonton does need to get it done this year.

They are not a young team anymore.

They are a team with players either in their prime or getting older.

Eckholm is 34... he is the key to the Edmonton D... how good is he going to be next year?

Nugent-Hopkins is 31... so is Hyman.

McDavid and Draisaitl are both in their prime age wise at 27 and 28, but Drai has taken such a beating over the years... he always seems to come into the playoffs injured... this year the exception... who knows if he will be healthy next year?  McDavid had injuries last three years in a row.  He also could be getting fragile.

Their supporting cast is also getting older... questions there.

Maybe best chance this year.

Just now, Jaimito said:

Way too long of a break for game 1.

Nice that they do get a 2 day break after each travel. 

They already made the schedule and it would have only been 3 days off if it went to game 7. I prefer both teams resting and healing up then giving their absolute best in the ScF. No need to rush things.

I hope Florida physically kills Edmonton, as Dallas didn't do enough of that and Vancouver had success with that early.

18 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Been there, don’t care for it that much.

I agree... Florida is overrated... Miami Beach... been there, done that... I prefer English Bay and Spanish Banks in the summer.

• Like 1

Just now, -Buzzsaw- said:

I agree... Florida is overrated... Miami Beach... been there, done that... I prefer English Bay and Spanish Banks in the summer.

In all honesty English Bay has become a trash pit in recent years, Spanish Banks is still nice.

2 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

They already made the schedule and it would have only been 3 days off if it went to game 7. I prefer both teams resting and healing up then giving their absolute best in the ScF. No need to rush things.

It's supposed to be a grind.  I'd rather Crysaitl not have time to get over his owie and have to play the series while in agonizing pain.  6 days off is as soft as McDiver.

• Cheers 2

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Living on the powerplay.

If they run into a hot pk they’re not gonna have success.

Yep...   Florida has an excellent PK.

They shut down NY and NY had the hottest PP in the East.

Edited by -Buzzsaw-
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

No. Cup run is a grind. This is not superbowl. 

If that's the case, why not give nux a 8 day break after first round so they are fresher for round 2? Maybe Demko would be back in time.

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

It's supposed to be a grind.  I'd rather Crysaitl not have time to get over his owie and have to play the series while in agonizing pain.  6 days off is as soft as McDiver.

Firstly, it’s only 5 days off and again, would have been 3 if it went to game 7 and travel to Florida is almost as long as it gets, makes absolute sense.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

We all knew this was going to happen the day they won the McDavid lottery. Just sucks, I’ve never hated a team more. I’m physically sick. 

• Like 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

18 minutes ago, Wing said:

Florida plays with an edge and almost crossed the line a few times. Just saying if the refs want to take that away then they'll be in trouble because that's how Oils won their last 3 rounds so far.

And like all the teams the oil have faced so far, they'll have to decide if they think their pk can contain the oilers PP.  If they think they can, they can keep playing with that edge.  If not, they'll have to adjust their game 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, NoHeart said:

We all knew this was going to happen the day they won the McDavid lottery. Just sucks, I’ve never hated a team more. I’m physically sick. 

As my paragliding instructor liked to say: Shut up and die like a man.

• Haha 1

Just now, -Buzzsaw- said:

Sad to say... but I suspect there will be a riot in Edmonchuck if the Oil don't win.

Would it even be noticeable given how much of a hellhole that dump is?

• Haha 3
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, NoHeart said:

Yes, I was on record on the old forum as saying Oil should win a Cup with this guy....

Of course, they may fall short... but it would have been a result of their poor management, not from lack of good luck.

Just now, Dumb Nuck said:

As my paragliding instructor liked to say: Shut up and die like a man.

Edmonton needs to hire him as a coach to fix their captain's character issues then.