[WCF] Dallas Stars (C1) vs. Edmonton Oilers (P2)

Who will win the series?  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Stars in 7
    • Stars in 6
    • Stars in 5
    • Stars in 4
    • Oilers in 4
    • Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7

Just now, King Heffy said:

Would it even be noticeable given how much of a hellhole that dump is?

Heffy... why don't you say what you really mean instead of pussy footing it around...  🤣

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

Edmonton does need to get it done this year.

They are not a young team anymore.

They are a team with players either in their prime or getting older.

Eckholm is 34... he is the key to the Edmonton D... how good is he going to be next year?

Nugent-Hopkins is 31... so is Hyman.

McDavid and Draisaitl are both in their prime age wise at 27 and 28, but Drai has taken such a beating over the years... he always seems to come into the playoffs injured... this year the exception... who knows if he will be healthy next year?  McDavid had injuries last three years in a row.  He also could be getting fragile.

Their supporting cast is also getting older... questions there.

Maybe best chance this year.

I think this is their only chance left to be honest.

The Stars aligned for them this playoff and they need to take advantage.

If Vancouver was healthy, they would have been out in the second round.

If Colorado won against Dallas (no Nichuskin suspension), Edmonton probably loses that as well. Also beneficial to get the Kings in the first round instead of Vegas.

They are also pretty healthy. McDavid seems perfectly healthy and Drais has bumps and bruises, but no severe injuries yet in these playoffs.

2 minutes ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

Yes, I was on record on the old forum as saying Oil should win a Cup with this guy....

Of course, they may fall short... but it would have been a result of their poor management, not from lack of good luck.

The most Canuck thing ever was Brock’s Blood clot setting all of this in motion. 

• Sad 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Still can't believe we give the Oilers the toughest test on their path to the finals. 

Extremely disappointed in Dallas. Man we could have gone to the finals against these Stars if Demko was ready and Brock didn't get blood clout in game 7. 

Edited by 24K
  • Like 1

Dallas didn't score a single powerplay goal this series. Kings couldn't get through the Oilers PK either. So far, the Canucks are the only team have scored powerplay goals against the Oilers this playoffs.

15 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Time for Dallas owner to call our Benn and Seguin again?

They we’re absolutely invisible the last two games.

Holy crap

They need to give their paychecks back Lol

1 hour ago, Dumb Nuck said:

My daughter wants to go to Edmonton to see a game if they have a chance to win the cup, might have to do it.

I am going to game 4.  It's pretty wild in that arena.  

• Cheers 3

7 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I have no feelings one way or the other for the Panthers. I like Maurice and I respect the way that team plays.

I cheered for the Oilers in 2006 because I respected their players and the way they played. They worked hard for everything.

I have no respect for this version of the Oilers. They are a bunch of entitled whiney punks that think just cause they have the leagues poster boy they’re owed something.

Will be fitting if they have to watch Tkachuk hoist the cup too!

I agree with all you said... Except the Upchuck talk lol!  Would be nice to see Lu hoist the cup too.  Huge Barkov fan.