[WCF] Dallas Stars (C1) vs. Edmonton Oilers (P2)

Who will win the series?  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Stars in 7
    • Stars in 6
    • Stars in 5
    • Stars in 4
    • Oilers in 4
    • Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7

29 minutes ago, Darius said:

I’ll never cheer for a team built by a (draft lotto) slot machine! 

In words of WASP 

L.O.V.E all I need is my slot machine, oh

L.O.V.E all I need is my slot machine tonight, tonight!!

16 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

You aren’t in trouble til you lose at home, they haven’t yet.

Are you calling a home loss for Edmonton?

12 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

You aren’t in trouble til you lose at home, they haven’t yet.

I guess our game 3 win there didn't happen?

18 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Next year we'll get em, but for now I'll just have some salad 

Honestly impressed Canucks went as far as they did with no Demko, a 3rd stringer starting, Petersson and Hughes injured and ineffective. Canucks need to win early in season and do load management like NBA so they have fresh players in playoffs.

• Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Blue said:

Dallas is slow and not any better than the Canucks are with Demko playing 

Canucks actually play better than Dallas and seem to have more offense. Thats with 

petey and Hughes injured. We scored 5 goals in that comeback against Oilers and that sieve in net and regularly scored 4 or 5 on skinner until injuries caught up to us.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, gwarrior said:

Are you calling a home loss for Edmonton?

Nah, I’m going against the crowd and cheering for the Oilers, better a Canadian team than a team from a Trump loving State, bet most will root for Florida too.

All the whining from deadmonton boo who we aren’t drawing enough power plays 

since they only win with help from the refs. 
whole team is just a mcbitch and crysidal 

salad tossers 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

22 minutes ago, Defcon1 said:

With Demko we would have beaten these frauds from Edmonton. Silovs was adequate but he is no Demko. Also losing Boeser did suck

Silovs played more playoff games than regular season games in NHL this season. 

He wasn't even a regular starter in Abby if I'm correct.  Topo and him shared the net.  

I think playing every other day was too much.  He didn't have a good game 6.  Game 7 had one iffy goal, granted it was him who kept the team in it.  

Who knows if going with DeSmith for game 6 would have worked.  Oils used Pickard for a few games.  DeSmith is used to having long rest and coming in.   What ifs.  But we can be certain Demko is an upgrade on both.  In a series where one goal games were the norm, it would have made a difference. 

Can't wait for next yr already, when Demko in net for the playoffs.   

11 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

He wasn't even a regular starter in Abby if I'm correct.  Topo and him shared the net.  

I think playing every other day was too much.  He didn't have a good game 6.  Game 7 had one iffy goal, granted it was him who kept the team in it.  

Who knows if going with DeSmith for game 6 would have worked.  Oils used Pickard for a few games.  DeSmith is used to having long rest and coming in.   What ifs.  But we can be certain Demko is an upgrade on both.  In a series where one goal games were the norm, it would have made a difference. 

He did have more playoff experience then both Demko and DeSmith combined.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Honestly, I'm starting to feel that way about Demmer as well..Wouldn't mind seeing Demmer and Silvs altering back and fourth during the reg season kinda like Boston to prevent injuries.

• Desmenko 1

1 hour ago, Defcon1 said:
37 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

We also need to remember when you play your back up, your normal game plan changes a bit. Enter your third string goalie, the Canucks defiantly could not play there normal style of game. They were hyper focused on making sure Nash and Edm never got to many high percentage scoring chances. Which worked! Even though Silovs made some grade A saves, most were basic saves due to Vans defense first mentality. Which also played a big reason there SOG was that bad. 

With Demko in net they could have stuck to same game plan throughout the season and would have beat the oilers in 6 easily. 

1 hour ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Nah, I’m going against the crowd and cheering for the Oilers, better a Canadian team than a team from a Trump loving State, bet most will root for Florida too.

Anyone but you, Edmonton........ Anyone but you.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Jaimito said:

I think DeSmith has better 20/20 vision for those long shots Silov's let in. Silov's needs a new prescription. He made Bouchard look like  Al McInnis

Edited by Hairy Kneel
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1