[WCF] Dallas Stars (C1) vs. Edmonton Oilers (P2)

Who will win the series?  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Stars in 7
    • Stars in 6
    • Stars in 5
    • Stars in 4
    • Oilers in 4
    • Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7

On 5/24/2024 at 8:41 AM, -dlc- said:

Yeah but all other teams are rivals and I hate them all. I (we) get to pick which one I (we) get behind (if any). And a team that's dirty never will get my support. Ever.

Oilers suck and I hope they crash and burn again.

Amen Deb.

• Cheers 1

10 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Missed the last 2 periods 

Dallas won 2-1 basically 

Ha!

Post game comments by Edmonton is that

WHY DIDN'T WE GET MORE CALLS?

Because we proved you are all a bunch of fkn DIVERS!

Ans the league ain't having it. fu Edm

If Dallas was wearing the Canucks jersey you can bet the farm the Coilers would've gotten more power plays.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

On 5/23/2024 at 9:36 PM, The Duke said:

I guess I can understand not loving the Oilers, but I’d also be pretty disappointed if they get just waxed by Dallas. I’d like to think we took a top team to 7. 

Nope.  We're stuck with this owner for the Canucks. If the Canucks can't win, better that the team does win is from a guy he screwed out of co-ownership of the Canucks (Gagliardi). I want to see the Stars owner giving a wink/smirk at Frankie during the next NHL owners meeting.

45 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Nope.  We're stuck with this owner for the Canucks. If the Canucks can't win, better that the team does win is from a guy he screwed out of co-ownership of the Canucks (Gagliardi). I want to see the Stars owner giving a wink/smirk at Frankie during the next NHL owners meeting.

I get it that Aqua has made a lot of mistakes in the past, but times have changed.

More recently, he has hired a prominent management team and stepped back

to let them do what was required.

He's paid big time to bring in a fabulous coaching team for his NHL and AHL clubs.

What more can we ask of him?

• Vintage 2

Posted (edited)

Whiniest team in the league, no doubt. 

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Edmonton has to be the most entitled and whiny team in the league. 

41 minutes ago, Northern_Nuck said:

Florida is the eastern version of them. 

Edited by Jaimito
  • Thanks 1

I moved to Edmonton again 4 months ago. I was standing around with all of my Edm fan colleagues and I just piped up and said Vancouver is better than Dallas. I expected some laughs and wise cracks from them. But they all agreed. And said Vancouver moves the puck way faster.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, higgyfan said:

I get it that Aqua has made a lot of mistakes in the past, but times have changed.

More recently, he has hired a prominent management team and stepped back

to let them do what was required.

He's paid big time to bring in a fabulous coaching team for his NHL and AHL clubs.

What more can we ask of him?

A new practice rink. They are on it, but not yet delivered.  

On 5/24/2024 at 8:41 AM, -dlc- said:

Yeah but all other teams are rivals and I hate them all. I (we) get to pick which one I (we) get behind (if any). And a team that's dirty never will get my support. Ever.

Oilers suck and I hope they crash and burn again.

Hell yeah.  Bottom line is that the Oilers don't have a single player who is worthy whatsoever.  Their captain is a gutless flopper more known for his tantrums than his hockey ability, their 2nd best player is a cheap shot artist who is also a piece of shit off the ice, and their defence is one of the biggest jokes in the history of the league.  Add that to the fact that they play in one of the worst cities on the planet filled with brain-dead pieces of shit, and it's impossible to cheer for them.  I'd sooner root for North Korea's national team than the Oilers.

• ThereItIs 2

1 hour ago, Hairy Kneel said:

This playoffs proves we need one ref in the video review booth at the scorers table. One ref on the ice. Embellishment needs to be called, and diving.

But if 90% of the refs are biased and incompetent it won’t matter.

• Upvote 1

The Coilers are only in this thing because we let down because of various reasons, A Brock Beoser  that couldn't play but wanted to, and 

sour grapes here me, thinks the officiating was slightly slanted the coilers way on a few occasions. 

McDavid slew foots some one, nothin. We bump one of there's and of to the box you go,

Beat them bad Dallas, real bad.

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

But if 90% of the refs are biased and incompetent it won’t matter.

If you start giving suspensions to the problem refs, the problem gets solved.  The league really needs to clean up the officiating before they get sued at this point.  Allowing Sutherland to work games amounts to criminal negligence with his history of misconduct.