[WCF] Dallas Stars (C1) vs. Edmonton Oilers (P2)

Who will win the series?  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Stars in 7
    • Stars in 6
    • Stars in 5
    • Stars in 4
    • Oilers in 4
    • Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7

I've jumped on the Panthers' bandwagon for the Cup. AS hard as it is to cheer for Tkachuk, it's easy to cheer for Sasha Barkov....

Obviously, I'm cheering for the Stars in the west. As much as I dislike Benn and Seguin, (I still haven't forgiven those two for dissing the Twins) I have to cheer for Tanev and Wyatt Johnston is a great story as well...

To me, this series comes down to Otter. If he plays well, I like the Stars in 6....

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

On 5/20/2024 at 10:43 PM, Ronaldoescobar said:

As Canadas team is if is time to get behind the Oil!s?

Normally I would, but I am so disgusted by the dirty, whiny, floppy play of quite a few of the Oiler players, I can not bring myself to support them!  I'd even support Toronto or Calgary rather then the current edition of the Oilers.  Go Canada Go at the Worlds tomorrow!!!

• Cheers 1

14 hours ago, Alflives said:

Have to feel a bit for Soiler fans. It must be awful to wake up each morning  in Deadmonton. 

Even worse. Living in deadmonton as a canucks fan. Everywhere I go, theres oilers flags. Staff wearing their jerseys to work. Not fun.

Oilers used all their energy on us, they over played their best guys and now they're going to pay for it year after year, not sure how you have 900 1st overall picks and still don't have a cup or an appearance in the SCF, I hope they become known for wasting McDavids career. Yes I'm still mad

It's too bad Demko wasn't healthy (and of course Boeser) as I think we could have beaten Dallas.

I don't have the most faith in Otter, and wouldn't be surprised if Edmonton won the series because of him.

Posted (edited)

John Shannon said that there's no centre on Dallas that can shut down Mcdavid like JT Miller did. 

In a way , the better the Oilers do , the better it makes the Canucks look. 

Dallas doesn't anyone in top 25 scoring. And has some slow players 

The Stars are being overrated.

Edited by Blue

On 5/20/2024 at 10:43 PM, Ronaldoescobar said:

As Canadas team is if is time to get behind the Oil!s?

I'm guessing Tom Gaglardi is today kind of glad Aquaman screwed him out of co-ownership of the Canucks.🤪

• Cheers 1

12 hours ago, Rip The Mesh said:

I always get a chuckle out of this "support the Canadian team!" mantra that crops up virtually every year. :classic_rolleyes: To that I say, "How did that go in 2011?"

The fact is, the only Canadian team I would cheer for after the Canucks is Winnipeg.....and maybe Ottawa....

• Vintage 1

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

I always get a chuckle out of this "support the Canadian team!" mantra that crops up virtually every year. :classic_rolleyes: To that I say, "How did that go in 2011?"

The fact is, the only Canadian team I would cheer for after the Canucks is Winnipeg.....and maybe Ottawa....

Nope.  "Hensfans" in Ottawa definitely weren't by and large cheering for us.

Only Habfans had our back.  Granted it was a case of they'd sooner be caught dead than cheering for the "Ruins".

Don't know about Winnipeg.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan

46 minutes ago, Blue said:

John Shannon said that there's no centre on Dallas that can shut down Mcdavid like JT Miller did. 

In a way , the better the Oilers do , the better it makes the Canucks look. 

Dallas doesn't anyone in top 25 scoring. And has some slow players 

The Stars are being overrated.

They have (8) +21 goal scorers and Heiskanen, who can play on both ends of the ice.

So far, he has   5g + 8a  13pt in 13 games.

They have a very solid defence and the goal tending in Oettinger.

The Stars will be a handful for the Oilys, as they have a lot of secondary scroring

and a defence that can at least slow McD and Drais down.

1 hour ago, RupertKBD said:

This is a big blow to the Stars. Comparable to us losing Brock, IMO....

Big blow for anyone tuning in just to hear the best name in hockey

49 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

They have (8) +21 goal scorers and Heiskanen, who can play on both ends of the ice.

So far, he has   5g + 8a  13pt in 13 games.

They have a very solid defence and the goal tending in Oettinger.

The Stars will be a handful for the Oilys, as they have a lot of secondary scroring

and a defence that can at least slow McD and Drais down.

Esa Lindell also might be the best defensive defenseman in the league right now. Losing Hintz hurts a lot though as he's likely the guy they want to play the matchup role against McDavid.

(For those saying they don't have someone to matchup against McDavid like Miller, well Hintz has finished above Miller in Selke voting the past 3 seasons and was 6th this year).

As deep as Dallas is, if Hintz doesn't come back that could be the determining factor in this series. Benn and Seguin are both solid defensively but too slow to keep up with McDavid.

• Vintage 1

49 minutes ago, Diamonds said:

Esa Lindell also might be the best defensive defenseman in the league right now. Losing Hintz hurts a lot though as he's likely the guy they want to play the matchup role against McDavid.

(For those saying they don't have someone to matchup against McDavid like Miller, well Hintz has finished above Miller in Selke voting the past 3 seasons and was 6th this year).

As deep as Dallas is, if Hintz doesn't come back that could be the determining factor in this series. Benn and Seguin are both solid defensively but too slow to keep up with McDavid.

DeBoer said earlier today that Hintz 'is really close.' 

Really like their defence; especially adding Tanev.

I hear talk of handling McD/Drais by 'committee'. 😏

They have established an awesome young core under 26yrs.