[WCF] Dallas Stars (C1) vs. Edmonton Oilers (P2)

Who will win the series?  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Stars in 7
    • Stars in 6
    • Stars in 5
    • Stars in 4
    • Oilers in 4
    • Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7

4 hours ago, IBatch said:

Dallas in six.   Don't think they will close them out easily.   Do think they will though.   It's tough, on one hand they are the final Canadian team, and I do root for that.   

So far the EDM-VAN series is considered the most emotional, hard fought series of the playoffs.   Only chance EDM has at this point is to match that emotion level and McDavid needs to go into the belly of the beast,   like his butt-buddy Draisatl.   Otherwise they are toast. 

Would maybe, big maybe have supported Oilers, if the western conference finals, if it wasn't for all the vomit we had to endure from the commentators and paper hacks leading up to it, during it, and after it... 

They showed Canucks and their fans ZERO respect, and even afterward, there has been very little positive comments towards the Canucks... Culminating in that clown  Seravelli committing on-line suicide... 

Enjoy those diving, whining crybabies losing and hope to hell it'll be Dallas in 5...

Again they are whining... " we didn't get enough penalties"... "Green men are evil"... "goal posts aren't saves"... bla bla bla....

What a bunch of W⚓s... Thank god our players rose above that...

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2
  • ThereItIs 1

3 hours ago, -dlc- said:

They were supporting Edmonton long before they were the last Canadian team standing.

That's the issue here.

Bang on Deb. It's been nauseating at times. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, spook007 said:

Would maybe, big maybe have supported Oilers, if the western conference finals, if it wasn't for all the vomit we had to endure from the commentators and paper hacks leading up to it, during it, and after it... 

They showed Canucks and their fans ZERO respect, and even afterward, there has been very little positive comments towards the Canucks... Culminating in that clown  Seravelli committing on-line suicide... 

Enjoy those diving, whining crybabies losing and hope to hell it'll be Dallas in 5...

Again they are whining... " we didn't get enough penalties"... "Green men are evil"... "goal posts aren't saves"... bla bla bla....

No kidding. Post series coverage you'd think the Canucks were steamrolled. Just the opposite. Even with an injured goalie and hobbled EP, bounces, PP's, suspension, Brock, Oilers barely got by the Canucks. Barely. 

Edited by Rekker
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

🤣

That Is a scary good AI I bit the first time I listened to this.  It's the difference in the series though and I think Dallas is too deep for the Oilers to overcome it.

• Cheers 2

12 minutes ago, canuckster19 said:

Canadian media was all over us cause they thought we were being whiny bitches 09-11 yet this team is getting away with it? Like WTF?

These whiney/ diving Coilers are still better than the sexual assault Black Hawks.  And yes, we were portrayed as the bad guys then too.  Ron McLean still is in the office generating another "Burrows media clip".

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

These whiney/ diving Coilers are still better than the sexual assault Black Hawks.  And yes, we were portrayed as the bad guys then too.  Ron McLean still is in the office generating another "Burrows media clip".

They're all enablers and should have been buried.

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, spook007 said:

What did Seravelli say?

23 minutes ago, Rekker said:

No kidding. Post series coverage you'd think the Canucks for steamrolled. Just the opposite. Even with an injured goalie and hobbled EP, bounces, PP's, suspension, Brock, Oilers barel got by the Canucks. Barely. 

Yes it's almost embarrassing, how little respect the Canucks have been getting...after losing in 7 by 1 goal.... 

As you say, you'd have thought they got steam rolled... 

They had zero to say about McD high sticking  Hughes twice in the face, all thought it was almost too little when Soucy got a suspension...

Its the typical weirdness of it all... however, the team took the high ground and didn't whine about it... I thought they showed extra ordinary resilience in not whine about anything, and I thought at the time, it would benefit the team, but not the slightest...

So f them...

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

What did Seravelli say?

Basically the fans in Vancouver are douches....  Not very intelligent, when you live of clicks and works in TV marked...  He should never be allowed to do another interview in Vancouver... 

Never even heard another journalist, speaking so much crap in my life... Slagging off a city and the fans??? 

He was quoted saying....

"There's a certain douche factor that comes with Vancouver...There's this whole we want to tell you how wealthy we are.

In Edmonton, we work here. I love that. We wear our blue jeans, we work, and we get dirty. Those are my people."  

• Cheers 3

2 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Basically the fans in Vancouver are douches....  Not very intelligent, when you live of clicks and works in TV marked...  He should never be allowed to do another interview in Vancouver... 

Never even heard another journalist, speaking so much crap in my life... Slagging off a city and the fans??? 

He was quoted saying....

"There's a certain douche factor that comes with Vancouver...There's this whole we want to tell you how wealthy we are.

In Edmonton, we work here. I love that. We wear our blue jeans, we work, and we get dirty. Those are my people."  

I lived in Edmonton for two years.

Three too many. Plennnnnnty of people there willing to show off how wealthy they are. Plenty. Frankie's just a hack who torpedoed his own credibility one too many times so has taken a different route to continue getting paid.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

14 hours ago, stawns said:

So if were Van against Dallas and SN didn't focus on Van, you wouldn't be calling them unprofessional hacks for not supporting the last Canadian team standing?

Well considering they already ran an anti-Canucks hate parade back in 2011 we don't have to assume anything. That's the issue we all have, where was all this support for us when we were the last Canadian team standing and in the SCF that year?

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

33 minutes ago, spook007 said:

He was quoted saying....

Seravalli trying to lump himself in with the regular blue jean wearing joes is rich. We wear blue jeans here too Frankie relax.

And you wanna talk about work? What happened when the oil companies were laying people off left right and center? Those so called hard workers were coming to BC begging for work and complained when they couldn’t make six figures with zero education anymore. Some of them going bankrupt because they thought the gravy train would last forever. 🤣

Also the over sized trucks they roll into BC with without a speck of dirt on them tells me they’re not working that hard. 🤣

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, brownky said:

I lived in Edmonton for two years.

Three too many. Plennnnnnty of people there willing to show off how wealthy they are. Plenty. Frankie's just a hack who torpedoed his own credibility one too many times so has taken a different route to continue getting paid.

Let's be honest, anyone rich enough to live away from Edmonton isn't going to voluntarily stay in that shithole.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Seravalli trying to lump himself in with the regular blue jean wearing joes is rich. We wear blue jeans here too Frankie relax.

And you wanna talk about work? What happened when the oil companies were laying people off left right and center? Those so called hard workers were coming to BC begging for work and complained when they couldn’t make six figures with zero education anymore. Some of them going bankrupt because they thought the gravy train would last forever. 🤣

Also the over sized trucks they roll into BC with without a speck of dirt on them tells me they’re not working that hard. 🤣

A buddy took a big ass flat bed to Alberta during the crash and lowballed dozens on motorbikes and then flipped em back here. Made out like a bandit. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, canuckster19 said:

Canadian media was all over us cause they thought we were being whiny bitches 09-11 yet this team is getting away with it? Like WTF?

So you're whining that they out whined us?

• Haha 1