[WCF] Dallas Stars (C1) vs. Edmonton Oilers (P2)

Who will win the series?  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Stars in 7
    • Stars in 6
    • Stars in 5
    • Stars in 4
    • Oilers in 4
    • Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7

9 hours ago, spook007 said:

Basically the fans in Vancouver are douches....  Not very intelligent, when you live of clicks and works in TV marked...  He should never be allowed to do another interview in Vancouver... 

Never even heard another journalist, speaking so much crap in my life... Slagging off a city and the fans??? 

He was quoted saying....

"There's a certain douche factor that comes with Vancouver...There's this whole we want to tell you how wealthy we are.

In Edmonton, we work here. I love that. We wear our blue jeans, we work, and we get dirty. Those are my people."  

There are people from all walks of life in both cities. This idiot is trying to make a name for himself with this troll job.

He has to because he’s failing miserably at his hockey reporting gig. 

• Cheers 2

I’m looking forward to another Dallas beatdown. Connie and Qeon are shells of their former selves. They’re already practicing their long faces and answers for that final meeting with the press on Friday. 
Dallas 5 Deadmonton 2 

• Like 2
  • Vintage 1

52 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

There are people from all walks of life in both cities. This idiot is trying to make a name for himself with this troll job.

He has to because he’s failing miserably at his hockey reporting gig. 

I spent my whole life in Vancouver and quite frankly I don't think he's wrong, Vancouver easily has the most douches per capita than any other Canadian city.

• Confused 1
  • Wiener 2

43 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

I spent my whole life in Vancouver and quite frankly I don't think he's wrong, Vancouver easily has the most douches per capita than any other Canadian city.

How would you know if you've only lived in Vancouver?

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

10 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Me too, not sure how you are making your assessment. 

First of all for the most part I hate people. I've been to every province/territory except Nunavut, every major city and pretty much every town in BC (I've been everywhere, man) and I found that for the most part I hated Vancouverites significantly more often than people from other parts of Canada.

YES I AGREE IT GETS A MIXED BAG OF HUMANS BUT HEY THERE ARE SOME GOOD BUT YA IN GENERAL STUCK UP AND NOT TRUE CANADIAN YET AS LOTS OF NEW PEOPLE...IM ON THE ISLAND BIT BETTER BUT TOO MANY CITY SLICKERS AND OLD SCHOOL CLOWNS STILL..NOTHING IS PERFECT BUT OVERALL PRETTY GOOD.

3 hours ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

What an idiot. That guy has a white collar job. Literally wears suit and tie to work and goes on tv. GTFO of here with the 'we get dirty'.

Exactly... 

I was trying to find the right words for saying that exact same thing... fuck does he know about getting his hands dirty...

Guess according to him, if you don't shovel pigs shit or swim in oil, you are not worthy of being a sports fan... In that case wtf is he doing in any of the arenas in his suit.. Jackass 

7 hours ago, Dumb Nuck said:

First of all for the most part I hate people. I've been to every province/territory except Nunavut, every major city and pretty much every town in BC (I've been everywhere, man) and I found that for the most part I hated Vancouverites significantly more often than people from other parts of Canada.

Oy. Well dunno, seems like some local bias.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Mostly people are decent everywhere. Except Alberta. That’s moran country. Morans are everywhere in Alberta. Dumbest of the dumb live there, especially is the sh*t hole that is Coiler town. 

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Mostly people are decent everywhere. Except Alberta. That’s moran country. Morans are everywhere in Alberta. Dumbest of the dumb live there, especially is the sh*t hole that is Coiler town. 

One thing about Vancouver that I've noticed is there are very few exclusive places or neighborhoods. Maybe that's why buddy runs into more snobs here. 

1 hour ago, Rip The Mesh said:

This isn't what could be considered an excuse, could it ?        😢

Maybe his contract is really, really heavy, and it slows him down and limits his reactions and mobility.

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Let's be honest, anyone rich enough to live away from Edmonton isn't going to voluntarily stay in that shithole.

The truly wealthy, yes. But they also don't live in Vancouver either.

They live in London, LA, NY, Monaco, etc.

The ones who brag about it though, they definitely live in Edmonton. The ones who got a couple-few mil and think they're high rollers of some importance.

The same kind are here in Van city too, but OilBros are... just a different animal entirely.

• Cheers 1

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Funny thing is, so did I. Since none of my friends, or the circles that I travelled in had any douches in them, I don’t know what you’re talking about.

I haven’t been to any other Canadian city for any length of time, so I can’t comment

on that either. Not sure what makes you an expert on the topic of what people are like in other cities. 

You wanna put down Vancouver for some reason, fly at it.

Edited by PistolPete13
  • Cheers 1

12 hours ago, spook007 said:

Exactly... 

I was trying to find the right words for saying that exact same thing... fuck does he know about getting his hands dirty...

Guess according to him, if you don't shovel pigs shit or swim in oil, you are not worthy of being a sports fan... In that case wtf is he doing in any of the arenas in his suit.. Jackass 

There’s a type of person that think they know everything, so they run their mouths a lot to trigger people.

One of them wears white shirts and writes about sports, another travels a lot and gets a lot of  sympathy sex. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

There’s a type of person that think they know everything, so they run their mouths a lot to trigger people.

One of them wears white shirts and writes about sports, another travels a lot and gets a lot of  sympathy sex. 

The Office Lol GIF

18 hours ago, Dumb Nuck said:

I spent my whole life in Vancouver also. After graduating high school 95% of new people I met in Vancouver were not born in Vancouver. A ton of them were douches from Ontario. For the record I have worked a lot in Alberta- those are good people. The best friend I have made as an adult moved here from Ontario. The fact remains many many people you meet in Vancouver are not from here. Douches included.

Posted (edited)

IMG_4393.jpeg.c0eb6e68333c1b020484b913dfac9024.jpeg

some seriously crappy goaltending

panel and Simpson can try to sell stinker all they want but he’s been brutal.
oilers get so much unwarranted respect.  

I watch the eastern team and the level of goaltending they’re getting 

Hoping for another Edmonton  Leafs loss

a blow out would be great. 

Edited by Combover
  • Cheers 1