[WCF] Dallas Stars (C1) vs. Edmonton Oilers (P2)

Who will win the series?  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Stars in 7
    • Stars in 6
    • Stars in 5
    • Stars in 4
    • Oilers in 4
    • Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7

1 minute ago, kilgore said:

If Dallas loses the series, and Tanev is injured and couldn't help them come back, his price may not be as high, or his demand, with age and wear and tear considered. If he still wants back here, we may get him for a reasonable price.  No more than 2 or 3 year term I'd hope.

Exactly why we won’t shop for him. He would not fit the profile of the team. 

• Vintage 1

Dallas looks softer than I thought. Other than Benn and Marchment they really don’t make the game punishing. 

No matter what happens with all the Canuck UFAs they have to find a way to keep a good balance of toughness 

• Cheers 2

Posted (edited)

Anyone else absolutely sick and tired of Draisaitl and the rest of the crew diving and whining ALL of the time?

Edited by Rounoush
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

33 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

You're still in huge trouble when you have trash like Bouchard and Nurse playing huge minutes.  It makes it hard to create a culture of accountability when you allow those pylons to disgrace the franchise with their refusal to learn how to play defence.

Bouchard, at least, is a big contributor at the other end.  Until tonight, nurse has been pretty bad in all three zones.  

Again, if they back check, commit to team defense and don't cheat on breakouts then they handle Dallas pretty easily.

I'm surprised at how exposed Dallas' dcorp has been this series.

• Cheers 1

F the Coilers and anyone who posts anything positive about them. Unbelievable we have Soiler fans here. Can’t wait till your team loses and your hero, The McPimple Loser, is whining. Loser team. Loser city. Loser players. Loser fans. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Cheers 1

34 minutes ago, Barnstorm said:

Exactly why we won’t shop for him. He would not fit the profile of the team. 

Tanev at a decent price would fit fine.  He could hold the fort until Willander is ready.  A short term solution if Hronek is too expensive.  He knows Hughes already. Its only his penchant for injury that could be a minus. Its a risk, but worth that risk if for a short term, IMO

I’m against bringing Tanev back. Knowing our luck he would only play 50-60 games and be too banged up in the playoffs. I’d rather go with someone younger that might become a long term piece. Whether that’s Hronek at a good contract or someone else. 

14 minutes ago, CanuckMan said:

I’m against bringing Tanev back. Knowing our luck he would only play 50-60 games and be too banged up in the playoffs. I’d rather go with someone younger that might become a long term piece. Whether that’s Hronek at a good contract or someone else. 

And he's been absolutely terrible in this series.

7 hours ago, DeNiro said:

That’s the thing about Tanev.

When he’s healthy and going he’s one of the best pure shutdown d men in the league.

The problem is he will always be injured when you need him the most. It’s just the style he plays. He will never survive 4 rounds of playoff hockey.

We need to go younger and bigger.

Zadarov please and thank you.   We are toast if we let him walk without continuing a major overhaul.    Juulsen's got a job next season, almost certainly.    He's young, has some size, and likes to bang.    

QHs 

Hronek 

Soucy 

Juulsen 

Those are the only guys we've got so far for certain. 

Pretty sure Myers re-signs,  same with Zadarov.    

That leaves one spot.  

Nothing wrong at all with our D-corp from last season.    Another year together would do wonders,  Cole out, Juulsen in.    He's young, has size and likes to bang.     Plus he's a RHD which is always nice.  

If we could upgrade Myers that would be nice.    Think their plans are to re-sign Lindholm and move EP to the wing. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

8 hours ago, kilgore said:

Tanev at a decent price would fit fine.  He could hold the fort until Willander is ready.  A short term solution if Hronek is too expensive.  He knows Hughes already. Its only his penchant for injury that could be a minus. Its a risk, but worth that risk if for a short term, IMO

Tanev's expected to get 4.8ish x 2.   

Myers 3 x 2.    We could easily get Myers at 3 x 3.     Which one would you do?     That's a tough decision.   Myers played some good hockey for us last season.    Has size and would be happy to see him come back.   Worked well with both Zadorov and Soucy.    If we could somehow get them both then we'd have a formidable blueline.   Juulsen as our 7th D is quite the luxury.      

QHs Tanev

Zadarov Hronek

Soucy Myers 

Too good to be true.    Out Mikheyev, Garland.   In Lekkermaki.    ?? 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, stawns said:

Bouchard, at least, is a big contributor at the other end.  Until tonight, nurse has been pretty bad in all three zones.  

Again, if they back check, commit to team defense and don't cheat on breakouts then they handle Dallas pretty easily.

I'm surprised at how exposed Dallas' dcorp has been this series.

"If"

The Oilers outhit Dallas 47 to 24 last game. 

You have to smash those idiots and get them rattled (their egos think they shouldn't be touched so it puts them behind as they whine).

When they go untouched they prance all over the ice....more physicality, please.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

The Oilers outhit Dallas 47 to 24 last game. 

You have to smash those idiots and get them rattled (their egos think they shouldn't be touched so it puts them behind as they whine).

When they go untouched they prance all over the ice....more physicality, please.

Stars will win the next two games and take the series 4-2. Then it will be good riddance to bad (and smelly) rubbish. 

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Rounoush said:

Anyone else absolutely sick and tired of Draisaitl and the rest of the crew diving and whining ALL of the time?

It's worked for so long why stop now.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Stars will win the next two games and take the series 4-2. Then it will be good riddance to bad (and smelly) rubbish. 

I sure hope so.

It's just been an obnoxious ride with them...from their fans, their media, their whining about our green men and penalties they didn't get (probably because the refs are tiring of their crying). Put them out of their misery. Us too.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

I sure hope so.

It's just been an obnoxious ride with them...from their fans, their media, their whining about our green men and penalties they didn't get (probably because the refs are tiring of their crying). Put them out of their misery. Us too.

The league has wanted a Final with the Rangers (their biggest US revenue club) against the Coilers (with their biggest promoted star player) from the start of the season. We almost overcame the blatant cheating. Dallas will do it. And hopefully Florida can too. Stick it to the league. Cheating bastards. 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, IBatch said:

Tanev's expected to get 4.8ish x 2.   

Myers 3 x 2.    We could easily get Myers at 3 x 3.     Which one would you do?     That's a tough decision.   Myers played some good hockey for us last season.    Has size and would be happy to see him come back.   Worked well with both Zadorov and Soucy.    If we could somehow get them both then we'd have a formidable blueline.   Juulsen as our 7th D is quite the luxury.      

QHs Tanev

Zadarov Hronek

Soucy Myers 

Too good to be true.    Out Mikheyev, Garland.   In Lekkermaki.    ?? 

As much as I'd like the above, in the end we need to address the fwds too, and Juulsen is the perfect solution to free up a couple million. I would definitely not give up Garland to get  it done; just causes more holes up front.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

I sure hope so.

The arrogance of the oilers and their media and fans is nauseating. Hate them and want nothing but bad things for them. 

• Like 2

As for " Canada's " team. The Canucks had 9 Canadian players. Dallas has 15 Canadian players. The Oilers have 24 Canadian players. I'm a Canucks fan but can't stand the Oilers so it's Dallas for me. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

I did some soul searching late last night, because of all the talk about, "Well yah gotta root for the Oilers because they're the last Canadian team left, and two

things hit me. 1) There are different nationalities playing on all NHL teams. 2) The Oilers are one of, if not the most arrogant bunch of players in the league.

I do believe I dislike them more then Boston.

These dudes gotta have their aspirations dashed....👹

• Cheers 3