[WCF] Dallas Stars (C1) vs. Edmonton Oilers (P2)

Who will win the series?  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Stars in 7
    • Stars in 6
    • Stars in 5
    • Stars in 4
    • Oilers in 4
    • Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7

12 hours ago, Rounoush said:

Anyone else absolutely sick and tired of Draisaitl and the rest of the crew diving and whining ALL of the time?

Absolutely sick of that whiny bitch... seems like the league decided they want a Canadian team in the finals.. Guess its good for viewing to have Gretzky's team playing for the cup... 🤢🤮

So much for the league doing anything about diving... 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Beartooth said:

As for " Canada's " team. The Canucks had 9 Canadian players. Dallas has 15 Canadian players. The Oilers have 24 Canadian players. I'm a Canucks fan but can't stand the Oilers so it's Dallas for me. 

Fun trivia for the day. The last team of only Canadian players to win the Stanley Cup was the 1974-75 Philadelphia Flyers.

https://www.hockey-reference.com/teams/PHI/1975.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1

Still in shock Dallas blew it. That is a masterful choke job by them. 

Man I may have to ignore the nhl for the next decade if the Oilers and their arrogant fans win the cup. That will be unbearable. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1

43 minutes ago, 24K said:

Man I may have to ignore the nhl for the next decade if the Oilers and their arrogant fans win the cup. That will be unbearable. 

This is so true

• Vintage 1

3 hours ago, spook007 said:

Absolutely sick of that whiny bitch... seems like the league decided they want a Canadian team in the finals.. Guess its good for viewing to have Gretzky's team playing for the cup... 🤢🤮

So much for the league doing anything about diving... 

he reminds me of Mackinnon the year they won the cup. Looking at the reffs after every time he got touched that post season. I lost a ton of respect for him after that.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

he reminds me of Mackinnon the year they won the cup. Looking at the reffs after every time he got touched that post season. I lost a ton of respect for him after that.

It seems to be the norm, that you get a reputation of being a great player, and then you just non stop ask for decisions to be given and they actually start giving them to you... Its pathetic, and the league should start to stand their ground... 

Prior to play offs it was stated the league would be hard on diving... Have anyone here seen a single penalty for embellishment handed out? I haven't seen all the games, so I may be wrong, and secondly has anyone seen any embellishment been handed out to the serial diver of Oilers?...

The refs all know, who they are, but they are doing nothing... looks rigged... as usual...

Have been happy to see the refs let them play, but still they suddenly call a penalty for simple infringement that has been let go throughout the game... Wish the refs would stick to their guns... 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Rip The Mesh said:

I did some soul searching late last night, because of all the talk about, "Well yah gotta root for the Oilers because they're the last Canadian team left, and two

things hit me. 1) There are different nationalities playing on all NHL teams. 2) The Oilers are one of, if not the most arrogant bunch of players in the league.

I do believe I dislike them more then Boston.

These dudes gotta have their aspirations dashed....👹

Yes, just because a team is located in Canada, why does that mean I should cheer for it?  That thinking has never made sense to me.  If say Montreal wins a cup, that means the same to me as if Seattle wins. Neither are the Canucks.

• Cheers 2

Here’s a depressing stat:

If the Oilers do win the cup it will be the 5th time in our last 7 playoffs that we’ve lost to the cup winner. (Not counting the bubble because those weren’t real)

2007 - Ducks

2010 - Blackhawks 

2011 - Bruins

2012 - Kings 

2024 - Oilers?

I know some people say it makes them feel better to lose to the best but that doesn’t make me feel better…

• Huggy Bear 1

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, IBatch said:

Tanev's expected to get 4.8ish x 2.   

Myers 3 x 2.    We could easily get Myers at 3 x 3.     Which one would you do?     That's a tough decision.   Myers played some good hockey for us last season.    Has size and would be happy to see him come back.   Worked well with both Zadorov and Soucy.    If we could somehow get them both then we'd have a formidable blueline.   Juulsen as our 7th D is quite the luxury.      

QHs Tanev

Zadarov Hronek

Soucy Myers 

Too good to be true.    Out Mikheyev, Garland.   In Lekkermaki.    ?? 

This would be ideal. 

If they could move Mik, and I guess give up on Hronek and maybe Lindholm too?

I don't think you can go wrong concentrating on the back end, and build out from there

But in all honesty, I don't want Myers back.  He had an okay year and decent playoffs. But I just don't trust him to keep it up.  He can still single handedly lose 1 goal games by a bad giveaway The giraffe in headlights will rear his ugly head again and I predict will be in CFFs doghouse soon enough. 

But I also don't see why we wouldn't sign him at a reduced price. His size alone is a reason.  But if we can retain Soucy and Zadorov, add Tanev, I think he's expendable. Bring up Juuls.

Edited by kilgore

Gotta say i had Dallas winning the cup, but from watching their performance against the Oilers while watching the Panthers absolutely dominate an extremely strong Rangers team, I feel like the Panthers might take it all.  

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Cromeslab said:

Don’t know why Dallas doesn’t target Drai,he’s hurting fuk him up ffs,fuk the Oil

Been think the exact same thing... 

All well hitting 3rd and 4th liners, but Oilers without Drai or McD are toast. 

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, 24K said:

You can bet there will be some gloating on this site, both by the EDM trolls that joined in "timely" fashion, and the ones that seem(ed) much happier when we lost and became very vocal, and whispers when we won.    Unbearable on here is the only place I need to worry about, for the first time could try the ignore button.    Don't live in EDM or Alberta, so won't have to worry about it.    And in some respects, at least this post season would somewhat be immortalized in hockey lore (like other times, 2002 comes to mind), because Canucks versus EDM was a memorable series (NHL.com and others had it as the much watch, or most notable series, a rivalry may have just been born).    With time those things get better.    Can't wait for another chance to play them. 

Personally it won't bother me much, growing up with a distinct understanding the cup belonged in Canada is hard to shake, it's lifelong, and only had a few teams make it since 93 (final).   Doubt that will change anytime soon, someone needs to break that curse.   The cup back in Canada versus Dallas, Florida, NYR isn't so bad, and not so classless or such a sore loser that I can't tip my hat to them, IF a they bring it back to where it belongs.    

Virtually  impossible to ignore the media,  given how much was been said during that series on both sides.   EDM fans said they'd still cheer for us if we got past them (a fan vote, Canucks not so much!).   Don't mind the same courtesy, although can't say I am "cheering" for them either,  don't  mind cheering for the old dogs on Dallas, and that includes guys that were "meanies" to the Sedins, and also because McWhiner has such a punchable face.    

On that, Olympics and World Cup of Hockey or whatever they are calling it, is coming up.    Sure by then some fans on this site, will feel differently about Mcjebus and Hyman, whomever else might make the team (Bouchard). 

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 1

19 hours ago, AnthonyG said:

MacKinnon is at least a respectable player overall.  McDiver has shown no sign that he's willing to start paying like a man.  He's one of the most gutless pieces of shit in the history of the sport and I'm looking forward to seeing someone give him something to actually cry about.