[WCF] Dallas Stars (C1) vs. Edmonton Oilers (P2)

Who will win the series?  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Stars in 7
    • Stars in 6
    • Stars in 5
    • Stars in 4
    • Oilers in 4
    • Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

Of course I was and SN was hot and heavy for Van

They had Don Taylor and Gary Valk post game, had a studio setup outside of Rogers. That was fun to watch.  

• Vintage 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, kilgore said:

I can't believe it either.

A four line team (Florida) can take a barley two line team. 

8 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Florida says "hold my beer".

2011-2013 Los Angeles Kings Fire Murrary and hire Sutter. Won the Stanley Cup

2015-2016 Pittsburgh Penguins Fire Bylsma and hire Sullivan. Won the Stanley Cup

2018-2019 St.Louis Blues Fire Yeo and hire Berube. Won the Stanley Cup

2022-2023 Vegas Golden Knights Fire Deboer and hire Cassidy. Won the Stanley Cup

2023-2024 Edmonton Oilers Fire Woodcroft and hire Knoblauch. Going to win the Stanley Cup

Oilers have the new coach boost

Edited by LB28

1 minute ago, Jaimito said:

Parity in the league. 

Losing to Oils is one thing, but the biggest disappointment I have is that nux didn't have their ace goalie. 

We want to know how good this team can really be in the playoffs, and that wasn't really answered. EP obviously wasn't good enough, but he was showing signs of improvement. JT was a beast. QH had a tough series in second round but was still positive when he was on ice.  BB is a legit playoff performer, but played with a broken finger in the second round.  Demko was the difference maker.  6 one goal games in round 2. 

That's why it takes so many tries to win it all........so many things have to go right.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

They had Don Taylor and Gary Valk post game, had a studio setup outside of Rogers. That was fun to watch.  

Donny and Valk .........good times

1 minute ago, LB28 said:

2011-2013 Los Angeles Kings Fire Murrary and hire Sutter. Won the Stanley Cup

2015-2016 Pittsburgh Penguins Fire Bylsma and hire Sullivan. Won the Stanley Cup

2018-2019 St.Louis Blues Fire Yeo and hire Berube. Won the Stanley Cup

2022-2023 Vegas Golden Knights Fire Deboer and hire Cassidy. Won the Stanley Cup

2023-2024 Edmonton Oilers Fire Woodcroft and hire Knoblauch. Going to win the Stanley Cup

Oilers have the new coach boost

We fired Green and Bruce, where the heck is our Cup?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Parity in the league. 

Losing to Oils is one thing, but the biggest disappointment I have is that nux didn't have their ace goalie. 

We want to know how good this team can really be in the playoffs, and that wasn't really answered. EP obviously wasn't good enough, but he was showing signs of improvement. JT was a beast. QH had a tough series in second round but was still positive when he was on ice.  BB is a legit playoff performer, but played with a broken finger in the second round.  Demko was the difference maker.  6 one goal games in round 2. 

I think the killer was when Boeser not being able to play. I really think that made the difference; The guy that played with JT most of the year. Game 7 and we lost.

Damn; 

7 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

We fired Green and Bruce, where the heck is our Cup?

Not enough Connor McDavid's on the roster

6 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Mind you Green was not a real coach.

Didn't he take the team 3 rounds into the playoffs, knocking off the defending Cup champs and then taking the Knights to 7 games?

IMO the turning point for Edmonton was the signing of Hyman.  What a steal from Toronto who couldn't afford him because of their bloated top four spending.  5.5 x 7 is a bargain.  He has been the catalyst and glue that finally made their team actually work.  In spite of all their no. 1 picks, or McBaby or Drai,  it took a lucky FA signing to get them going.  For what its worth. 

5 minutes ago, stawns said:

Didn't he take the team 3 rounds into the playoffs, knocking off the defending Cup champs and then taking the Knights to 7 games?

Playins were not a playoff round and if it wasnt for them we would have missed them. He destroyed or team. Worst coach in the history of the NHL.

"What ifs" is the summary of nux playoffs.

The road to SCF was there for the taking.

You need some luck for sure. Oils pretty healthy still.  Stars didn't have Hintz until game 3 and Tanew banged up now. 

1 minute ago, Jaimito said:

"What ifs" is the summary of nux playoffs.

The road to SCF was there for the taking.

You need some luck for sure. Oils pretty healthy still.  Stars didn't have Hintz until game 3 and Tanew banged up now. 

My whole life is a what if, what if I didn't marry that hot chick, how rich would I be now?

• Haha 1