[WCF] Dallas Stars (C1) vs. Edmonton Oilers (P2)

Who will win the series?  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Stars in 7
    • Stars in 6
    • Stars in 5
    • Stars in 4
    • Oilers in 4
    • Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7

3 hours ago, c00kies said:

I think if Vancouver was healthier, we could have beaten Dallas. I kind of feel like we missed our opportunity this year because next year we will likely have a harder path to a Cup Final, but also not have as much depth.

I think, ultimately, they gave the oilers too much respect and, as a result, too much room

5 minutes ago, stawns said:

Who cares if it hits the hands or knee, a slash is a slash.

Yea that confused me 🤣

Like since when can you slash someone anywhere but the hand??

If you want to beat the Oil you need to make their key players feel pain. Yes, it's easier said than done however if you target them over time it will take a toll.

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Yea that confused me 🤣

Like since when can you slash someone anywhere but the hand??

That's the way they made it sound.  Like it wasn't the right call because it wasn't on the gloves.  It was pretty clearly a slash, regardless of where it landed

• Cheers 1

I do t know if Dallas's lineup is any better than Van, but they definitely transition better and that's how you exploit the Oilers I think 

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

ugh, DeBoer has the stink of so much failure on him, at least get to the cup finals before his curse sets in. 

He's got that douchy Babcock vibe to him

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

ugh, DeBoer has the stink of so much failure on him, at least get to the cup finals before his curse sets in. 

We have Demko and even with Petey on one leg we dispatch both these clubs. They both are puck suckingly bad. Is Bouchard the dumbest player ever? And McPimple should just wear a diving bell instead of a hockey helmet. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, stawns said:

I do t know if Dallas's lineup is any better than Van, but they definitely transition better and that's how you exploit the Oilers I think 

I actually think Dallas is a good benchmark of where the Canucks should try and get too.

They're not that dissimilar in roster makeup, difference is the Stars hit on some really good young forwards recently. We gotta hope that guys like Lek and Raty can be those guys. 

• Vintage 2

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

I actually think Dallas is a good benchmark of where the Canucks should try and get too.

They're not that dissimilar in roster makeup, difference is the Stars hit on some really good young forwards recently. We gotta hope that guys like Lek and Raty can be those guys. 

Healthy we are better. Remember we didn’t have Demko against the Soilers. We win that series in five with him. And then we sweeparoo Dallas. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

Dallas is not having a very good game. Getting outshot 7-1 in the 3rd period so far. 

Edmonton is a good, deep team with the best record in 2024.  I'm not sure why people thought Dallas was going to easily handle them

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

Edmonton is a good, deep team with the best record in 2024.  I'm not sure why people thought Dallas was going to easily handle them

Coilers suck pucks. McWhiner stinks. Anyone who likes them stinks. It’s obvious with Demko we dispatch those losers in five. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

Dallas has better D, better vets, better youth, better goalie, better overall scoring depth. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, stawns said:

Probably because we watched them in the first few months of the season and know they are capable of completely blowing it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1