[WCF] Dallas Stars (C1) vs. Edmonton Oilers (P2)

Who will win the series?  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Stars in 7
    • Stars in 6
    • Stars in 5
    • Stars in 4
    • Oilers in 4
    • Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7

7 hours ago, shiznak said:

Do you honestly think the Oilers were a healthy bunch against us? 

Draisaitl was banged up in game 1. McDavid hasn’t looked like McDavid all playoffs. Nurse hasn’t thrown his weight around, until today. 

We can’t dwell on what ifs. 

And what about our other guys? I didn't say if all of them were healthy.  Several of our guys were injured too. 

The type of injury matters too.  I'd imagine if Mcdavid's knee was injured, he would be a shell of what he normally is.  The knees are arguably the most important part of a hockey player's body other than their head.  Knee injuries end player's careers on a regular basis.  Even the greatest ones of all time (Ie. Orr, Bure, etc).

But let's not be ignorant.  the biggest difference was Demko, and you can't deny that.  No matter how good Silovs was, he was still a .898 sv% goaltender.  Demko is a Vezina nominated .917% goaltender.  That's a significant difference in goaltending and also how the team plays in front of him.  Don't try and downplay that.  A healthy Demko alone would have put us over the top in that tight series.  A different type of injury for Petey as well and we would likely have clinched our spot in the finals by now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Desmenko 1

10 hours ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

The good news about this series, is that the Canucks, missing Demko and with Pettersson not at 100%, gave the Oilers more trouble than Dallas has so far.

Bodes well for next season, assuming Demko comes back healthy and they don't overplay him again... and assuming management finds a top sixer for Pettersson to play with.

Yeah it gives us an idea of how close we are.  A top 6F is the priority to bring more offensive balance and to unlock Petey's offence.  Then of course goaltending, which I feel will be extremely strong given Silovs experience these playoffs combined with Demko's abilities.  Hopefully most of our UFAs see the light and realize they have a really, really good shot here and sign for a discount.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, HKSR said:

And what about our other guys? I didn't say if all of them were healthy.  Several of our guys were injured too. 

The type of injury matters too.  I'd imagine if Mcdavid's knee was injured, he would be a shell of what he normally is.  The knees are arguably the most important part of a hockey player's body other than their head.  Knee injuries end player's careers on a regular basis.  Even the greatest ones of all time (Ie. Orr, Bure, etc).

But let's not be ignorant.  the biggest difference was Demko, and you can't deny that.  No matter how good Silovs was, he was still a .898 sv% goaltender.  Demko is a Vezina nominated .917% goaltender.  That's a significant difference in goaltending and also how the team plays in front of him.  Don't try and downplay that.  A healthy Demko alone would have put us over the top in that tight series.  A different type of injury for Petey as well and we would likely have clinched our spot in the finals by now.

Yup. 100% accurate assessment. With a healthy Demko we are very close to the Cup. I’m thinking that’s why so many of us fans want to bring back something very close to the current group. This current group is a damned good club, and Cup level with Demko. 
JR knows what it takes to win. He will instruct Allvin accordingly. But guys who are only chasing money, like Horfat Wallet, will not be here. 

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

Yeah it gives us an idea of how close we are.  A top 6F is the priority to bring more offensive balance and to unlock Petey's offence.  Then of course goaltending, which I feel will be extremely strong given Silovs experience these playoffs combined with Demko's abilities.  Hopefully most of our UFAs see the light and realize they have a really, really good shot here and sign for a discount.

I wonder how much it will cost to sign Silovs? 1.5 x 2 enough? 

Just now, Alflives said:

I wonder how much it will cost to sign Silovs? 1.5 x 2 enough? 

I think it'll be a DeSmith type deal.  Silovs raised his price from this playoff run.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, c00kies said:

Dallas is not that great, definitely not a Colorado or Tampa, and I think Vancouver would beat them too (though no Boeser and an injured Petey don't help).

What about Seravallis lastest article that the Canucks were floored to hear Petey say his knee affected his play and thet he "believes" he was only the 15th -17th most injured canuck. What a piece of S**t that guy is!!

2 minutes ago, Moeknows said:

What about Seravallis lastest article that the Canucks were floored to hear Petey say his knee affected his play and thet he "believes" he was only the 15th -17th most injured canuck. What a piece of S**t that guy is!!

I think he was friends with that woman we let go (can’t remember her name).

Seems like he was getting inside info from someone in the organization, which was likely her.

Now every time he talks about the Canucks he’s simply trashing them or trying to hurt their position in negotiations. He’s a petty little peon like Dreger.

Had to chuckle a bit this morning....I was scrolling through articles on MSN, when I came across "Which Oilers player has the best contract these 2024 playoffs"....

....the photo that was posted below the headline was of Darnell Nurse....:classic_laugh:

No info, just a comment; I hate the Oilers and could give a flying (ehem) that they're the last Canadian based team. Who cares? Not me. 

Of the other three teams remaining, If I had my druthers, I'd like the Panthers to Cup it...

57 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

No info, just a comment; I hate the Oilers and could give a flying (ehem) that they're the last Canadian based team. Who cares? Not me. 

Of the other three teams remaining, If I had my druthers, I'd like the Panthers to Cup it...

Panthers would be cool though I can't stomach another team winning the Cup before Vancouver.

1 hour ago, iinatcc said:

Panthers would be cool though I can't stomach another team winning the Cup before Vancouver.

That’s why the Rangers winning would be best case scenario for me.

Original 6 team, good fan base, hasn’t won in 30 years. Wouldn’t hear much about it from their fans.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Original 6 team, good fan base, hasn’t won in 30 years. Wouldn’t hear much about it from their fans.

I’d go for this. In fact, Oilers could lose to Rangers, then Canucks win next year. 

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Same.  They also don't have any players who are a disgrace to the sport like the other 3.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

This kids a monster. I'd love to see him play. 6'6"  233 lbs

I wanted us to trade for him. Lol I hope he plays.

I really wanted us to draft him.

• Like 1