[WCF] Dallas Stars (C1) vs. Edmonton Oilers (P2)

Who will win the series?  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Stars in 7
    • Stars in 6
    • Stars in 5
    • Stars in 4
    • Oilers in 4
    • Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7

Posted (edited)

This is why the focus needs to be on speed and getting in on the forecheck 

Dallas looks so slow and weak along the boards.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

Just now, HKSR said:

Yup hopefully people are watching and realize he is not the answer if we were to move Hronek.  With that being said, hopefully people realize how valuable Hronek is... a 26yo top pair RHD that can play a solid 23min+ per night.  

Exactly this! Great post! Way too much emotion and nostalgia with Tanev advocates. I'd be ok with him further down the D to sure us up defensively but to think he's top pairing is expecting way too much. We have our top pair set. Hughes and Hronek can be even better. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, canuckster19 said:

AFAIC this is what THG deserves after sucking Oiler fans all last series. That self hating POS and his stupid recaps deserve to go the way of the dodo. 

He's better than Sekeres and Price, and Frank Seravelli. I've actually never seen him suck up. He's very neutral. And others have commented on how balanced he is.

If he's not your cup of tea, don't watch him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Dallas all smiles walking into the stadium....

Dudes weren't ready.

Smile carrying your Starbucks

Fk yu

This is the opponents house and you walk in smiling? Ha good luck..

Edited by Hairy Kneel

6 minutes ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

I agree...  Tanev is past it... better to sign Myers, Z and Soucy, and let Juulsen learn through the season.  Also sign Hronek if we can get him at 7.0.

If he wants $7m, then make it two years and let him prove he deserves a big money, long term deal.  He hasn't proven anything so far

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

This is why the focus needs to be on speed and getting in on the forecheck 

Dallas looks so slow and weak along the boards.

We need a couple BIG/FAST 3rd/4th liners... they don't need to be able to score... just big fast guys who can get on the opposing D and punish them.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Ghostsof1915 said:

He's better than Sekeres and Price, and Frank Seravelli. I've actually never seen him suck up. He's very neutral. And others have commented on how balanced he is.

If he's not your cup of tea, don't watch him.

He lacks any self respect as a Canucks fan and will constantly self deprecate as a Canucks fan but never as a Bruins or Stars fan.. He’s a view and subscriber whore plain and simple.

2 minutes ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

We need a couple BIG/FAST 3rd/4th liners... they don't need to be able to score... just big fast guys who can get on the opposing D and punish them.

As per your user name :towel:

2 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Exactly this! Great post! Way too much emotion and nostalgia with Tanev advocates. I'd be ok with him further down the D to sure us up defensively but to think he's top pairing is expecting way too much. We have our top pair set. Hughes and Hronek can be even better. 

Yep, it's 100% nostalgia for the people who think Tanev should be signed to be on our top pair. He's slow, he's not physical in any sense and is getting old.

I loved Tanev when he was here, now I'd only want him back to play 16mins a night on our 3rd pair.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Yup hopefully people are watching and realize he is not the answer if we were to move Hronek.  With that being said, hopefully people realize how valuable Hronek is... a 26yo top pair RHD that can play a solid 23min+ per night.  

Hronek is definitely not to be undervalued. But I think we are to pay him 8x8 he has to just as effective when not playing with Hughes. If not Tanev I'm hoping there's a cheaper RHD option that we can sign to play with Hughes. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

If he wants $7m, then make it two years and let him prove he deserves a big money, long term deal.  He hasn't proven anything so far

Him at 7M and Hronek at 8M would sabotage this team forever

F*ck I hate Ron MacLean... whoever is winning, he will suck up to their fans.... he even does it when the Canucks are winning... even though he hates the idea of us winning.

Now he is laying on the tongue heavy for Edmonton.

He is just a sleazy attention hog who wants to be center stage.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Oilers are sitting back and they haven’t been the best at holding a 2 goal lead.

Yep.  You're always in the game against the Edmonton D and goaltending.

1 minute ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Him at 7M and Hronek at 8M would sabotage this team forever

I'm talking about hronrk.  He's a $6m dollar dman, at best right now.  If he wants more $, take a short deal and show you deserve a longer deal.  He's done little to prove that so far.

1 minute ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

F*ck I hate Ron MacLean... whoever is winning, he will suck up to their fans.... he even does it when the Canucks are winning... even though he hates the idea of us winning.

Now he is laying on the tongue heavy for Edmonton.

He is just a sleazy attention hog who wants to be center stage.

He should have been fired on the spot after he criminally slandered Burrows on national TV.  That piece of shit is a disgrace the the whole country.

2 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Edmonton is still a one line team.

No they're not.  They rely on one line for most of their offense, I agree, but they've got a pretty deep fwd core

4 minutes ago, greenbean30 said:

Yep, it's 100% nostalgia for the people who think Tanev should be signed to be on our top pair. He's slow, he's not physical in any sense and is getting old.

I loved Tanev when he was here, now I'd only want him back to play 16mins a night on our 3rd pair.

Well put. Feel exactly the same way. Need to let the Tanev thing go and take everything up a notch. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Angry Kicking And Screaming GIF

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

No they're not.  They rely on one line for most of their offense, I agree, but they've got a pretty deep fwd core

Wahhh!

Edited by Hairy Kneel

Just now, Hairy Kneel said:

Disagree.

The lines they are running now on First and Second are better than most in the league.

McDavid/Hyman/Nugent-Hopkins + Draisaitl/Kane/Henrique. 

Both McDavid and Draisaitl can drive a line.

Knobhead shuffles these around and sometimes puts Drai and McJesus together when they need a boost.

The one thing the Canucks did against the Oil in their series was to force them to put their big two guys together more often... Dallas has not forced them at all.

4 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

If Canucks can win a championship with one line team I don’t mind. Heck if we win with being a one man team I’m good too. As long as Canucks win the Cup.