[WCF] Dallas Stars (C1) vs. Edmonton Oilers (P2)

Who will win the series?  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Stars in 7
    • Stars in 6
    • Stars in 5
    • Stars in 4
    • Oilers in 4
    • Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7

Just now, Wing said:

Why is no one going to the net...this pp looks like our pp

Dallas looks like Vancouver.  I guess at a certain point we gotta give Edmonton some credit.  They must be doing something right to make Vancouver and Dallas look about the same.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, greenbean30 said:

Toews doesn't benefit from Makar and MacKinnon and Rantanen?

Yes, Hronek benefited from Hughes, Hughes also benefited from Hronek.

Huggy had god like games

Hronek not so much

Just now, greenbean30 said:

Yep, I don't get where people are coming from on Hronek not being worth resigning or under valuing him. He's not worth $8, that I will agree with, but he's definitely worth $7-7.25. 

Yes, he had a poor second half, but you could tell he was injured. When healthy, he is definitely a #2 d-man on pretty much every team in the NHL, #1 on a bunch.

Again, well said. Our top pairing is set for our window. Agree about the $8 as well but will likely be just over $7. That will be great value when Hughes/Hronek become even better. 

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Dallas looks like Vancouver.  I guess at a certain point we gotta give Edmonton some credit.  They must be doing something right to make Vancouver and Dallas look about the same.

Well the soft calls didn't help.

Just now, Hairy Kneel said:

We have a great bottom 6 

If we can keep that line together 

I disagree... not enough size.

The guys I would keep:

Blueger and Suter as centers for third and fourth lines, plus Aman as PK and 4th line winger.  (he's also the extra center)  Joshua as a winger on the third line if we can sign him for a decent amount.  Garland another 3rd line winger... should be retained... not traded... he is signed for a couple more seasons.

The rest can all walk.... Lafferty, Di Giuseppe, etc.

That leaves a need to bring in at least one big, fast fourth liner... in the mould of Joshua... or bigger.  But the new guy does not need to be able to score... just to hit and be physical.  10-15 pts a season is enough.

If Joshua can't be signed cheaply, then you need to find another similar large physical/fast 3rd liner.

We need size/speed/hitting... goal scoring and points not so important.

For the top six:

Suter should be replaced on Miller's line with a top sixer.

Mikheyev should be replaced on Pettersson's line with a top sixer.

Assuming Lindholm is signed, that means we need at least one top six player from free agency or from Abby.  (maybe Karlsson/Lekkermaki/Podkolzin ? )

• Vintage 1

Just now, HKSR said:

Yep neither team are punishing Oils enough physically, I saw maybe a few minutes of it in our series then it disappeared. I think what some folks said here are bang on - both teams are giving 29/97 too much respect and playing way too passive. OIls will just happily sit back and wait for a pp then capitalize. You wonder why they complain so much when they don't get pp? That has been their game the whole playoff.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

So you’re saying bad refs for not missing those calls?

Well just miss consistently, that's all.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Huggy had god like games

Hronek not so much

Hughes is the better player, nobody is saying that he isn't. Hronek is a #2 d-man, Hughes did not make him into that, he's been trending towards that since he came into the league.