[WCF] Dallas Stars (C1) vs. Edmonton Oilers (P2)

Who will win the series?  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Stars in 7
    • Stars in 6
    • Stars in 5
    • Stars in 4
    • Oilers in 4
    • Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7

Just now, -Buzzsaw- said:

Dallas just looks dis-interested.

Weak effort by the top guys.

They started clawing back at least before the last 10 minutes.

Canucks have to stop that habit. And play at a consistent and high level effort for the full 60 minutes.

Just now, gwarrior said:

Just tuned back in after watching the end of the London and Saginaw memorial cup final. Now THAT was some fun shit to watch!!!!

Junior is more fun. They will make mistakes but it's 17-20 year olds. It's fantastic hockey to watch.

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

Absolute fluke and they'll get exposed.   The Oilers have no place in a men's league.

It makes me laugh,I respect your stance

1 minute ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

They are a decent partnership...

But I personally think Hughes having a bigger RHD playing with him would be better.

They have problems controlling the boards under heavy forecheck because both of them are smaller.

Not saying Z, Soucy or Myers can be slotted in, but ideally a larger more physical D-man who is a fit with Hughes is a better solution.

But finding that D is tough... and do you give up a existing partnership that does work pretty well...  in favour of bringing in a new guy who maybe works?

My stance is ... we have our top pairing for our window and they had a remarkable first half. No need to keep looking endlessly. We have exactly what we need and we need to focus on the other pairs. Both Hughes and Hronek will be even better into their prime. We haven't seen their best yet. Their chemistry is hard to find. 

Big Z, Soucy, Myers, their roles are different but certainly the size we need. We do need to keep making size a priority. Hronek provides Hughes with the necessary mobility, has some grit to him, and can learn from Gonchar dnd Foote to carry his own pair if need be. 

Not saying you're wrong either. I get it.