[WCF] Dallas Stars (C1) vs. Edmonton Oilers (P2)

Who will win the series?  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Stars in 7
    • Stars in 6
    • Stars in 5
    • Stars in 4
    • Oilers in 4
    • Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7

I think Oilers will have a tough time against Florida... odds are in favour of the Panthers in my opinion.

What I think of is Barkov... he is SO good defensively... and you know he will be on McDavid.

Plus you have Goalie Bob... who has been solid for Florida and actually is capable of better.

Then you have the exceptional balance of the Florida top 2 lines... really high level players throughout the whole top six.

And lots of speed and aggressiveness from their bottom six.

All the Florida D are really mobile, with high level skill and scoring from Montour and Forsling.... with decent grit from Ekblad.

Plus Florida has been there last year... they know what it takes.

McDavid and Draisaitl are the wild cards... these two guys are capable of upping their game to a degree which no one else in the league is capable of.

And if the Panthers get stupid and take penalties.... then all bets are off... the Oilers will eat them up.

• Upvote 2

Just now, DeNiro said:

The Blues were last place in the league in January and never considered a cup favourite. Not comparable.

The Oilers are showing how much needs to go right to make it this far. I can’t believe how many fortunate breaks they’ve gotten all playoffs including almost no injuries.

That's true with all teams though and most teams that make it far usually get breaks in some shape or form. 

Everyone doubted them when they went on that horrendous skid. I remember you even stating they probably wouldn't make the playoffs.

Now they are in the finals and got through us to get there. A team that was undefeated vs them in the regular season then beat the 1st place team in the west(2nd overall).

I have to give them props. It is quite a turnaround.

A part of me only wants to be beaten in the playoffs(if we are) to the team that wins the cup(or eventually does)

Another part of me wants us to be the Canadian team to break the curse. 

Oilers/Panthers should be a good series. I can see it going to 7. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, stawns said:

I mean Dallas only had 2 penalties tonight, neither one had anything to do with mcd

Florida plays with an edge and almost crossed the line a few times. Just saying if the refs want to take that away then they'll be in trouble because that's how Oils won their last 3 rounds so far.

Just now, Wing said:

Florida plays with an edge and almost crossed the line a few times. Just saying if the refs want to take that away then they'll be in trouble because that's how Oils won their last 3 rounds so far.

Florida crossed the line several times during the playoffs so far...

Bennett should have been suspended a couple times.

1 minute ago, Junkyard Dog said:

A part of me only wants to be beaten in the playoffs(if we are) to the team that wins the cup(or eventually does)

Another part of me wants us to be the Canadian team to break the curse. 

Oilers/Panthers should be a good series. I can see it going to 7. 

Although I still will be rooting for the Oiler I am glad it’s Florida that also made it to the finals, we’ll either have a Canadian team win it or a first time team. Sadly, if it was us it would have been both.

Just now, -Buzzsaw- said:

Florida crossed the line several times during the playoffs so far...

Bennett should have been suspended a couple times.

Yep and he got away with it. So much of it will depend on if the refs will continue to allow that stuff to happen when it's 97 on the receiving end.

12 minutes ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

I think Oilers will have a tough time against Florida... odds are in favour of the Panthers in my opinion.

What I think of is Barkov... he is SO good defensively... and you know he will be on McDavid.

Plus you have Goalie Bob... who has been solid for Florida and actually is capable of better.

Then you have the exceptional balance of the Florida top 2 lines... really high level players throughout the whole top six.

And lots of speed and aggressiveness from their bottom six.

All the Florida D are really mobile, with high level skill and scoring from Montour and Forsling.... with decent grit from Ekblad.

Plus Florida has been there last year... they know what it takes.

McDavid and Draisaitl are the wild cards... these two guys are capable of upping their game to a degree which no one else in the league is capable of.

And if the Panthers get stupid and take penalties.... then all bets are off... the Oilers will eat them up.

You know Florida is gonna be out for blood. They lost in the final last year, this is a chance to make it right for them........ 

Said it before, and I'll say it again, call me a "bad canadian" for turning on the Oilers....... but I remember back to 2011, when Canada turned on us. I will forgive, but I will not forget.

• Cheers 4

21 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Actually the Oilers haven’t really been a rival since the ‘80s, either we’ve sucked, they’ve sucked or we both sucked.

Still a rival regardless. Division rival at that and we JUST had a playoff series with them…

• Like 1

Just now, gwarrior said:

You know Florida is gonna be out for blood. They lost in the final last year, this is a chance to make it right for them........ 

Said it before, and I'll say it again, call me a "bad canadian" for turning on the Oilers....... but I remember back to 2011, when Canada turned on us. I will forgive, but I will not forget.

I think that's another factor to consider. Florida wants it badly - the way they played their last game to close out the series against Rangers showed that.

• Cheers 2

20 minutes ago, Pears said:

You're such a hypocrite it actually makes my head hurt. How is this allowed on this forum?

Same guy who flames people for personal attacks and then calls people chuds in the next post. 😂

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Still a rival regardless. Division rival at that and we JUST had a playoff series with them…

And they dove their way through to a win............ I wonder how much bad blood we are gonna see in game 1 with Bennett and Tkachuk being ex flames going in.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, gwarrior said:

Nah, this has been my stance all playoffs. Where was this forced support for us in 2011? I don't even think Montreal got anywhere close to this kind of "rally behind the Canadian team" thing in 2021 either. 

• Cheers 3

1 minute ago, Wing said:

I think that's another factor to consider. Florida wants it badly - the way they played their last game to close out the series against Rangers showed that.

On the other hand McDavid can silence a lot of critics and if anyone can single-handedly take over a series it would be him.

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Not starting the finals for eight more days, for crying out loud, they're going to look like gorillas 🥶

6, it’s Saturday.

must be a Beatles fan.

Edited by Dumb Nuck

Cheering for Cats 

The path to SCF was clear. Stars aren't that great and nux matched up well vs them and Oils.  If nux had Demko, I think they can get there.  

• Cheers 1

Just now, Dumb Nuck said:

6, it’s Saturday.

Way too long of a break for game 1.

Nice that they do get a 2 day break after each travel.