[WCF] Dallas Stars (C1) vs. Edmonton Oilers (P2)

Who will win the series?  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Stars in 7
    • Stars in 6
    • Stars in 5
    • Stars in 4
    • Oilers in 4
    • Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7

1 hour ago, HKSR said:

Dallas deserved to win that one.  They had way more chances overall.  

The scoring chances were 33-29 in favour for the Oilers. 15-10, in favour for the Oilers, on HDSC.

The Oilers xGF/60 was at 3.14. While Dallas’ was at 2.59. 

Also take it into consideration that Dallas had 4 powerplays (including a double minor), while the Oilers had one.

Didn’t seem like Dallas “deserved” to win. 

• Cheers 1

42 minutes ago, Rubik said:

I noticed how the fans in Dallas are standing almost the entire time... I dig that, shows passion.

I actually saw Stars game in Dallas a few years ago.  They (at least ones at the game) know hockey.  When one "fan" got up (I'm assuming to go to the washroom or something), a ton of people starting yelling "Sit the @%$@#% down & wait for a play stoppage!" 🤣

4 minutes ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

While I think McDavid is too good to go without a cup, I honestly think this Edmonton team isn’t the team it’s going to happen with.

Well, they're now 7 wins away........I'd say it's all up for grabs.  Theres not much difference in the final four teams, anyone of them could win 

5 minutes ago, stawns said:

Well, they're now 7 wins away........I'd say it's all up for grabs.  Theres not much difference in the final four teams, anyone of them could win 

The Oilers message board not lively enough for ya?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TetrisBloctT said:

Dallas stars played a lot like Vancouver, lol same drop pass

All teams do it - was noticeable yesterday with Rags and Panthers.  To be effective though, the player picking up the drop pass has to be coming with speed.  We don't.

1 hour ago, The Duke said:

I guess I can understand not loving the Oilers, but I’d also be pretty disappointed if they get just waxed by Dallas. I’d like to think we took a top team to 7. 

Exactly.  I'd rather the Oilers won it all -  then we could take pride in having taken  them to 7 games.

Don't want the stigma of being beaten by the team that then lost to the team who finally lost to Florida.  Oh the shame !!

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

The difference is Dallas plays as a unit. Everyone is backing each other up. One guy has the puck and there's two other Stars right there with him.

Dallas can actually gain the zone and attacks in front of the net instead of behind it.

Only to throw muffins at Skinner and make him look like Terry Sawchuck.

1 hour ago, Rubik said:

I noticed how the fans in Dallas are standing almost the entire time... I dig that, shows passion.

Ever try sitting with a gun in your pocket?

• Haha 2
  • Vintage 1

58 minutes ago, shiznak said:

The scoring chances were 33-29 in favour for the Oilers. 15-10, in favour for the Oilers, on HDSC.

The Oilers xGF/60 was at 3.14. While Dallas’ was at 2.59. 

Also take it into consideration that Dallas had 4 powerplays (including a double minor), while the Oilers had one.

Didn’t seem like Dallas “deserved” to win. 

I don’t like the Oilers but I’ll give them their due. They deserved the win. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Rubik said:

But was what the deal with the camera angle? You cant see anything on broadcast feed on by the boards?

I get you want to feel like you're there at the arena but that was awful.

13 hours ago, The Duke said:

I guess I can understand not loving the Oilers, but I’d also be pretty disappointed if they get just waxed by Dallas. I’d like to think we took a top team to 7. 

Vancouver lost some key pieces, so I don't need to see Edmonton win to feel like we could have done better. Had we had Demko, a healthy Petey, or Boeser, specifically the prior, we would have beaten Edmonton.

LOL - one of the few things that I agree with Trudeau on!

WARMINGTON: Trudeau's missed shot on NHL commissioner's height called a foul (msn.com)

As soon as the Edmonton Oilers heard Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s short joke at NHL boss Gary Bettman, we suspect they feared there may be no Stanley Cup parade once again north of the border.

“WNBA Commissioner Cathy Engelbert, thank you Cathy for all your leadership (and) for being here today,” said the prime minister from the podium at the announcement of Toronto being awarded an expansion franchise. “You are much taller than Gary Bettman, I am really going to like working with you significantly.”

Everybody knows there’s no height shaming in basketball! Somebody should have told Trudeau.

The WNBA has not even played a minute in Toronto so far but already has seen its foul call.

It seems for Trudeau, it’s all about people’s perceived feelings unless he’s the one saying it.

7 hours ago, -dlc- said:

Yeah but all other teams are rivals and I hate them all. I (we) get to pick which one I (we) get behind (if any). And a team that's dirty never will get my support. Ever.

Oilers suck and I hope they crash and burn again.

2 things why I personally hate Coilers:

1. All those 1st overall picks;

2. They diving, whining and flopping all over the ice. For whatever reason they feel that the have rights to bark at refs non stop.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

The high point of game one for me was all the howling at officials that McBaby did when he found out that his "immunity" had been revoked and he was actually going to have to serve 4 minutes for high sticking. A series late, but sweet anyhow.

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, swimmer said:

The high point of game one for me was all the howling at officials that McBaby did when he found out that his "immunity" had been revoked and he was actually going to have to serve 4 minutes for high sticking. A series late, but sweet anyhow.

We will all celebrate when McWhiner Baby is knocked out of the playoffs.