2024-2025 Season Ticket Thread

14 hours ago, Rypper_37 said:

Interesting. Selling 5 games on TM is nothing. 

Screenshot_20240817_194907_Chrome.jpg

Is this real? Wonder if the guy is trolling.  I've sold 5 games through ticketmaster and have not received any email.

Also, I've listed all my games. Plan on going to games that I can't sell.

Would be nice to have some clarity. Maybe the reps should let us know how many games we can list.  No way they can expect the average person to attend all the games. 

Edited by Michael Scott
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, Michael Scott said:

Is this real? Wonder if the guy is trolling.  I've sold 5 games through ticketmaster and have not received any email.

Also, I've listed all my games. Plan on going to games that I can't sell.

Would be nice to have some clarity. Maybe the reps should let us know how many games we can list.  No way they can expect the average person to attend all the games. 

I agree that the should provide some clarity as season ticket members do want to know. 5 games is absolutely nothing. 

36 minutes ago, SerenityNow said:

Just 5 games???   WHAT!

It's pretty ridiculous as that could be illness, vacations, concerts or whatever else people have going on in our lives! 

Quick question: has anyone actually reached out to their reps?

Honestly, if I do lose my tickets next year, I wouldn't be happy about this. After years of supporting the team during their down years, this would be a slap to my face. Then when the team goes through another re-build/re-tool, they better not email/call me to buy tickets again.

On the other hand, I could save the $8000+ I spend on the tickets. Use that money to travel, which would be a very nice vacation every year.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Michael Scott said:

Honestly, if I do lose my tickets next year, I wouldn't be happy about this. After years of supporting the team during their down years, this would be a slap to my face. Then when the team goes through another re-build/re-tool, they better not email/call me to buy tickets again.

On the other hand, I could save the $8000+ I spend on the tickets. Use that money to travel, which would be a very nice vacation every year.

Good question! Idk if anyone has emailed their reps. I know one member asked about the new seats and was told they don't know when it's happening. 

Yeah, I don't blame you at all. One of our perks as a stm is being able to sell on TM. 

Screenshot_20240818_111017_Chrome.jpg

6 minutes ago, Rypper_37 said:

Good question! Idk if anyone has emailed their reps. I know one member asked about the new seats and was told they don't know when it's happening. 

Yeah, I don't blame you at all. One of our perks as a stm is being able to sell on TM. 

Screenshot_20240818_111017_Chrome.jpg

Wonder if the canucks organization faced backlash for the expensive re-sale prices during the playoffs and this is how they decided to combat the issue.

I would prefer that they don't offer pre-sale for games to season tickets holders. I'm confident that 90% buy pre-sale tickets to re-sell. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

23 hours ago, Michael Scott said:

I could have written this email, word for word.  I stuck with the team during those horrible years when no one else was buying tickets.  I couldn't give my extra games away.  Literally.  And yeah, maybe I shouldn't worry about getting cut off.... the prices have gotten so high that I am better off just buying a handful of games per year from a secondary site.  This is really leaving a sour taste in my mouth, and lowers my desire to support the team at all.  

Oh, and no, I haven't reached out to my rep (not sure I even have one currently).  I don't want to draw attention to my account since I have listed tickets on TM.

Edited by SerenityNow
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, SerenityNow said:

I could have written this email, word for word.  I stuck with the team during those horrible years when no one else was buying tickets.  I couldn't give my extra games away.  Literally.  And yeah, maybe I shouldn't worry about getting cut off.... the prices have gotten so high that I am better off just buying a handful of games per year from a secondary site.  This is really leaving a sour taste in my mouth, and lowers my desire to support the team at all.  

Oh, and no, I haven't reached out to my rep (not sure I even have one currently).  I don't want to draw attention to my account since I have listed tickets on TM.

Funny thing: I too don't want to draw attention to my account either haha.  I have sold a total of 7 games now. All on ticketmaster. 

I feel your pain. I wasn't able to get rid of my tickets for a few years. No one would take them for free either. Their reasoning would be: why watch them lose plus cost of food.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Michael Scott said:

Funny thing: I too don't want to draw attention to my account either haha.  I have sold a total of 7 games now. All on ticketmaster. 

I feel your pain. I wasn't able to get rid of my tickets for a few years. No one would take them for free either. Their reasoning would be: why watch them lose plus cost of food.

I remember those days and stm mentioning that. Even friends told me they were offered free tickets and passed due to the price of parking, food and beer only to see them lose on home ice during those rebuild years. Even when the Bruce Era happened, lots of free tickets were available on FB marketplace! 

Edited by Rypper_37
New phone--autocorrect is silly
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Michael Scott said:

I sold around the same number of games too, all on Ticketmaster. No warnings.  I got full seasons.

I actually did ask my rep about re-selling.  I told him I might be out of town often this year and will need to sell games on Ticketmaster.  I asked if there was a limit or anything.  He didn't give me a specific number but did say there won't be any issues with reselling on there.

Regarding that person on reddit who got a warning from selling just 5 games--maybe there is something else going on with their account that we are not aware of.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, WalkWithElias said:

Just sold my 5th game for the upcoming season on ticket exchange, waiting for the organization to come after me now 

I need to lower my prices, methinks.  None of my games have sold yet.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SerenityNow said:

I need to lower my prices, methinks.  None of my games have sold yet.

No no. Keep them high. Once I sell, then lower haha.

My rule is try to match ticketmaster prices, even if I don't make a lot. Those verified seller fees are brutal. Is it just me, or are the fees lower than last year? Only time I really paid attention to the fees was during playoffs.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Michael Scott said:

No no. Keep them high. Once I sell, then lower haha.

My rule is try to match ticketmaster prices, even if I don't make a lot. Those verified seller fees are brutal. Is it just me, or are the fees lower than last year? Only time I really paid attention to the fees was during playoffs.

Yeah someone else gave me similar advice.  I usually look at the "compare" feature on TicketExchange, and/or go with the "Recommended" price.  Maybe I should try your method.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SerenityNow said:

Yeah someone else gave me similar advice.  I usually look at the "compare" feature on TicketExchange, and/or go with the "Recommended" price.  Maybe I should try your method.

I just open two windows.  Looks for prices in my section. And try to be lowest or one of the cheaper options. Of course some games have different rules AKA Toronto haha. 

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Michael Scott said:

I just open two windows.  Looks for prices in my section. And try to be lowest or one of the cheaper options. Of course some games have different rules AKA Toronto haha. 

I usually do the same I’m in UB4 so it works out still made money on games 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WalkWithElias said:

Full members check your email to select benefits 

I just saw my email.  They are pretty much the same as last year, but I did notice one difference!  Some of the events like Meet The Team, and Road Game Viewing Party now limit tickets to the number of seats in your account.  Having two seats, I could get up to 4 tickets for those events last year, but now I am limited to 2.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SerenityNow said:

I just saw my email.  They are pretty much the same as last year, but I did notice one difference!  Some of the events like Meet The Team, and Road Game Viewing Party now limit tickets to the number of seats in your account.  Having two seats, I could get up to 4 tickets for those events last year, but now I am limited to 2.

Prob after the gong show after last year makes sense

6 minutes ago, WalkWithElias said:

Prob after the gong show after last year makes sense

I agree.  With popular events, like the Meet the Team event, the number attending should be restricted.  Except a lot of people like to bring their kids so they may be disappointed.

59 minutes ago, SerenityNow said:

I like this because the places just get too crowded! I chose my benefits as well! 

• Like 1