2024-2025 Season Ticket Thread

4 hours ago, WalkWithElias said:

So I had the concert benefit to win a pair of ticket this season , I literally entered every single draw and didn’t win any of them

Sounds about right! I had to email several times about my road game dinner party. Was a bit stressful! Wasn't invited until very late in the season. 

On 8/19/2024 at 11:08 AM, SerenityNow said:

I could have written this email, word for word.  I stuck with the team during those horrible years when no one else was buying tickets.  I couldn't give my extra games away.  Literally.  And yeah, maybe I shouldn't worry about getting cut off.... the prices have gotten so high that I am better off just buying a handful of games per year from a secondary site.  This is really leaving a sour taste in my mouth, and lowers my desire to support the team at all.  

Oh, and no, I haven't reached out to my rep (not sure I even have one currently).  I don't want to draw attention to my account since I have listed tickets on TM.

Well, i was supporting them for ell over 20+ years and finally gave up 3 years ago when I couldn't even give tickets away -  and have saved thousands upon thousands of $ and just buy what I need on CL or TM.    I get all the tickets I need at either cost or a bit above by waiting until the last minute to buy and it has never failed me.   Aside from that, I get much better seating than my 20+ years of seniority would have ever allowed me to acquire during the seat selection each year. I even got tickets to both rounds last year in UB2 for $190 and $230/ea for a pair.  I'm kicking myself for waiting so long to bail out as I would have another new car parked in the driveway by now and saved hundreds of hours of time fiddling around selling tickets.   Live & learn!

• Like 1

On 8/31/2024 at 3:08 PM, Rypper_37 said:

Sounds about right! I had to email several times about my road game dinner party. Was a bit stressful! Wasn't invited until very late in the season. 

On the other hand, I didn't email at all and got invited to the same road game party as you...  😆

• Haha 1

On 8/31/2024 at 3:37 PM, RU SERIOUS said:

Well, i was supporting them for ell over 20+ years and finally gave up 3 years ago when I couldn't even give tickets away -  and have saved thousands upon thousands of $ and just buy what I need on CL or TM.    I get all the tickets I need at either cost or a bit above by waiting until the last minute to buy and it has never failed me.   Aside from that, I get much better seating than my 20+ years of seniority would have ever allowed me to acquire during the seat selection each year. I even got tickets to both rounds last year in UB2 for $190 and $230/ea for a pair.  I'm kicking myself for waiting so long to bail out as I would have another new car parked in the driveway by now and saved hundreds of hours of time fiddling around selling tickets.   Live & learn!

I am so glad I didn't bail before last season since I made a profit finally last year (well, I made a very small profit the year before, but last year was a good profit).  I am hoping to make at least a bit of profit this season and this will likely be my last year.  The Canucks might not let me renew again anyway since they are cracking down on members who resell their tickets. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SerenityNow said:

I am so glad I didn't bail before last season since I made a profit finally last year (well, I made a very small profit the year before, but last year was a good profit).  I am hoping to make at least a bit of profit this season and this will likely be my last year.  The Canucks might not let me renew again anyway since they are cracking down on members who resell their tickets. 

We should be fine reselling through our accounts…. Idk tho I only have 1 seat so they prob don’t care

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WalkWithElias said:

We should be fine reselling through our accounts…. Idk tho I only have 1 seat so they prob don’t care

Idk. Kinda exhausting trying to keep up with everything 🤣 They should focus on the seats instead of accounts 😉

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SerenityNow said:

You obviously haven't been a STH for the past 10 years because I have many STH friends (aside from myself) that lost a small fortune on unsold and below cost tickets.   It was so bad in the final years of the "Jim Benning Era of Darkness & Despair" I couldn't even give tickets away.  Glad to see your keeping your head above water and hope it continues for you.

4 hours ago, WalkWithElias said:

I'm not sure about that. I had called to trade some tickets for a game in the new year. They refused and stated my account COULD  be flagged since all the tickets are listed for sale. They expect us to go to some games but never provided a number. 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Michael Scott said:

I'm not sure about that. I had called to trade some tickets for a game in the new year. They refused and stated my account COULD  be flagged since all the tickets are listed for sale. They expect us to go to some games but never provided a number. 

What a gongshow. Have you tried exchanging them online? 

19 hours ago, RU SERIOUS said:

You obviously haven't been a STH for the past 10 years because I have many STH friends (aside from myself) that lost a small fortune on unsold and below cost tickets.   It was so bad in the final years of the "Jim Benning Era of Darkness & Despair" I couldn't even give tickets away.  Glad to see your keeping your head above water and hope it continues for you.

I was just referring to the last two years when I made either a slight or good profit.  I have been a STH for over 20 years and I did lose a lot of money during the Benning years.  That's why I am trying to make some of it back now while I can, before I quit.  Or the Canucks quit me, which is what I am expecting.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, WalkWithElias said:

No I don't trust them at all.  They make more money selling tickets directly on TM than selling to STM, so now that they think they can sell all their tickets, they don't need us anymore.  Pretty shortsighted.  Bad times will come again, and with how things are looking right now, bad times could even be this season!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Michael Scott said:

See??  Exactly what I am saying.  That's why I'm not calling to ask any questions.  My account could be flagged too.  I list most of my games and go to the ones that don't sell.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Rypper_37 said:

What a gongshow. Have you tried exchanging them online? 

I have. I've already exchanged 2 or 3 games. Wanted to get 10 seats in a row. In the past, I would call and ask. No issue whatsoever. 

As someone mentioned, they think they can get more by listing directly to ticketmaster than having season ticket holders. The thing with hockey, or any sport, you're bound to have a few bad years as the core ages and the need to rebuild. Good luck to the canucks organization selling tickets during those years, especially as salary cap goes up as do ticket prices. 

• Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1

51 minutes ago, Michael Scott said:

I have. I've already exchanged 2 or 3 games. Wanted to get 10 seats in a row. In the past, I would call and ask. No issue whatsoever. 

As someone mentioned, they think they can get more by listing directly to ticketmaster than having season ticket holders. The thing with hockey, or any sport, you're bound to have a few bad years as the core ages and the need to rebuild. Good luck to the canucks organization selling tickets during those years, especially as salary cap goes up as do ticket prices. 

OMG and they said no to you? What a gongshow! 

1 hour ago, SerenityNow said:

See??  Exactly what I am saying.  That's why I'm not calling to ask any questions.  My account could be flagged too.  I list most of my games and go to the ones that don't sell.

Eh, he just wanted to exchange some tickets and they wouldn't do it lmao 😂 Not like he asked "how does my account look?" But I see what you're saying about not wanting to draw any attention to yourself! 

7 minutes ago, Rypper_37 said:

Eh, he just wanted to exchange some tickets and they wouldn't do it lmao 😂 Not like he asked "how does my account look?" But I see what you're saying about not wanting to draw any attention to yourself! 

Yes, exactly!  He called about something else entirely.  They looked at his account and said he could be flagged.  So I'm going to try to stay under the radar.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WalkWithElias said:

It’s stupid how the Canucks are treating STH cause I’m curious now how many games I have to attend in my package  or how many I’m allowed selling through the Canucks portal , but they won’t give a proper answer on how many 

Idk. Guess they're gonna lose a lot of full packages as it's cheaper and easier to do a quarter/half at this rate, since selling some seems to be forbidden. 

50 minutes ago, Rypper_37 said:

Idk. Guess they're gonna lose a lot of full packages as it's cheaper and easier to do a quarter/half at this rate, since selling some seems to be forbidden. 

That's probably what they're wanting to happen.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SerenityNow said:

That's probably what they're wanting to happen.  

Well, some people will just quit being a stm. Better not start calling them up again once the team isn't as hot, eh? 

• ThereItIs 1