2024-2025 Season Ticket Thread

16 hours ago, Slynx said:

Signed up as a new full season ticket member (was slightly unhappy because the costs for seasons were 5% above renewal) just right before the playoffs and was able to get playoff tickets which I sold for a hefty profit. I just went to the seat relocation and I was able to downgrade to half seasons at the renewal pricing. The seats were in a location I'm happy with as well. The profits from the playoffs tickets sold practically pay for the entire cost of the half seasons. So extremely happy as I was unsure if I could make 41 games + preseason. 

Smart move on your part to buy in early to get access to the playoff tickets and sell for a massive markup!

7 hours ago, WalkWithElias said:

I only sell on ticket exchange if the Canucks were to ever take my membership away I’d cheer for another team 

It wasn't clear in that Reddit thread if it was okay to resell on Ticket Exchange or not.  The tickets I resell are primarily on Ticket Exchange.  Rarely on StubHub, only when I really needed to discount the tickets (Ticket Exchange only lets you discount to a certain level).

11 hours ago, bt116 said:

Just came across this post. Apparently some folks got their memberships taken away ?

https://www.reddit.com/r/canucks/s/QFoDjdnE8x

There are rules in your membership about only being able to sell on Ticketmaster. He got caught, sadly. This does happen. Remember that the reps earn commission and selling kind of takes work away from them, too. 

24 minutes ago, SerenityNow said:

It wasn't clear in that Reddit thread if it was okay to resell on Ticket Exchange or not.  The tickets I resell are primarily on Ticket Exchange.  Rarely on StubHub, only when I really needed to discount the tickets (Ticket Exchange only lets you discount to a certain level).

Ticket Exchange (Ticketmaster) only, yes, or else you'll be flagged for commercial resale. Looks like he set up a corporate account instead as it probably better suits his needs. You're also not allowed to give tickets away in contests without written permission from the Canucks. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, SerenityNow said:

Based on the thread, it appears to be completely ok if we use ticket exchange to sell tickets

• Like 1

I think it’s also ok if we transfer tickets to family and friends from time to time.

looks like the folks in the thread got caught because they transferred way too many tickets to various emails throughout the season, hence they got flagged for reselling 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, bt116 said:

I think it’s also ok if we transfer tickets to family and friends from time to time.

looks like the folks in the thread got caught because they transferred way too many tickets to various emails throughout the season, hence they got flagged for reselling 

Exactly! They even mentioned all of the different emails he transferred them to. I sent two VIP tickets I bought to one email around Christmas time and never got a warning. I believe it's on a case by case basis. 

2 hours ago, jovocop55 said:

My coworker had this happened to him as well….  My cousin best friend too, who had season tickets for over 15 years…. 

It does seem a bit harsh.  Did they get any sort of warnings before?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bt116 said:

Someone with 18 seats got them revoked.  Not sure how they got that many seats to begin with.

As long as they don't care if we use ticketmaster.  

• chaos 1

5 hours ago, bt116 said:

Nothing.  My coworker got his 2 tickets for 4 years now and he sold most of his tickets.  

As for my cousin friend, he got 4 seats and I actually buy a few games off him once a while.  He got email saying he was flagged as a commercial account because he forwarded some tickets to a known broker account.  

• chaos 1

15 hours ago, BCNeil said:

Someone with 18 seats got them revoked.  Not sure how they got that many seats to begin with.

As long as they don't care if we use ticketmaster.  

18 seats is crazy and lots of people are waiting to become stm, so that's no surprise! 

10 hours ago, jovocop55 said:

Nothing.  My coworker got his 2 tickets for 4 years now and he sold most of his tickets.  

As for my cousin friend, he got 4 seats and I actually buy a few games off him once a while.  He got email saying he was flagged as a commercial account because he forwarded some tickets to a known broker account.  

I didn't know they fully track you. Interesting! 

16 minutes ago, SerenityNow said:

There's a wait list now?  There hasn't been for many years.

Apparently we've been doing so well that lots of new stm signed on! I imagine quarter and half packages are hard to come by (not sure about full stm). 

• Like 1

On 6/20/2024 at 9:48 AM, Viking said:

Smart move on your part to buy in early to get access to the playoff tickets and sell for a massive markup!

If true - that's impressive because I lost money on nearly every pair I sold over the last 7 years I had ST's (excluding this past season)   I couldn't even give tickets away in the last 2 years I had my ST's because the team had become so terrible and the fanbase shrivelled up dramatically and so I finally gave them up after over 2 deacdes losing thousands on games I couldn't attend and wasting countless hours and stress of trying to sell tickets. 

Now i just buy tickets on craiglist or last minute on TM and get them for cheap for any game I desire- with ease!   Even the UBIV's were only selling for $120/ea in the 1st round this past season, which was barely above cost so I'm not sure how that guy made massive profits because even the tickets posted for Round 2 on the most expensive resale site (Ticketmaster) were only 20-40% above cost - go figure !