Logan Cooley

Lawson Crouse

2024 UTAH 1st

2025 UTAH 1st

2024 FLORIDA 2nd

2025 TORONTO 2nd

To Utah

Elias Pettersson

Why does Utah do this? They receive a player they can market the new franchise around, someone locked in for 8 more seasons. They have tons of cap space and picks. Petey may excel away from a hockey mad market, too.

Why does Vancouver do this? They receive a player in Cooley who can grow with the current American core. Cap space to sign Lindholm. Picks to replenish prospect pool

Do I think this will happen? No. Do I think Canucks are shopping Petey? No. But they'd be making a mistake not at least evaluating all possible options.

Edited by Whorvat
  • Confused 1

• Whorvat changed the title to [Proposal] Vancouver / Utah

Lol. Utah says no.  They can market Cooley at a fraction of the price. Pettersson's disappearing act since he signed his contract likely hasn't gone unnoticed by league gms. 

• Vintage 1

Hronek to TOR for Knies and 2024 1st

( we paid mid first and high 2nd) so this is comparable 

Milkeyev traded with sweetener no retention

= 29.5 in cap space

Tanev 4.5 x 3

Zads 4.5 x 5

Guentzel 8.5 x 6

Myers 3x 2

Bluegger 1.5 x 4

Joshua 3.75 x 4

Silovs 1.75

= 2.0 cap space

Guentzel Petey Hoglander

Knies Miller Brock

Joshua Blueger Garland

Podz Suter PDG/Aman

Hughes Tanev

Zads Myers

Soucy Juulsen

Demko

silovs

That team can win the cup 

2 hours ago, Whorvat said:

To Vancouver

Logan Cooley

Lawson Crouse

2024 UTAH 1st

2025 UTAH 1st

2024 FLORIDA 2nd

2025 TORONTO 2nd

To Utah

Elias Pettersson

Why does Utah do this? They receive a player they can market the new franchise around, someone locked in for 8 more seasons. They have tons of cap space and picks. Petey may excel away from a hockey mad market, too.

Why does Vancouver do this? They receive a player in Cooley who can grow with the current American core. Cap space to sign Lindholm. Picks to replenish prospect pool

Do I think this will happen? No. Do I think Canucks are shopping Petey? No. But they'd be making a mistake not at least evaluating all possible options.

Would Utah even trade Cooley for Pettersson one for one?

According to Capfriendly, Utah don't have ONE D-man signed for 24/25 yet, all RFA or UFA's! We should capitalize on that!

DEFENSE (0) TERMS POS STATUS ACQUIRED AGE CAP% 2024-25          
Durzi, Sean   LD/RD NHL Trade 25 RFA
Arbitration EligibleRFA

Moser, J.J.   LD/RD NHL Draft 23 RFA
Arbitration EligibleRFA

Välimäki, Juuso   LD NHL Waivers claim 25 RFA
Arbitration EligibleRFA

Brown, Joshua   RD NHL Signed 30 UFA
UFA

Dermott, Travis   LD/RD NHL Signed 27 UFA
UFA

21 minutes ago, Visp said:

According to Capfriendly, Utah don't have ONE D-man signed for 24/25 yet, all RFA or UFA's! We should capitalize on that!

DEFENSE (0) TERMS POS STATUS ACQUIRED AGE CAP% 2024-25          
Durzi, Sean   LD/RD NHL Trade 25 RFA
Arbitration EligibleRFA

Moser, J.J.   LD/RD NHL Draft 23 RFA
Arbitration EligibleRFA

Välimäki, Juuso   LD NHL Waivers claim 25 RFA
Arbitration EligibleRFA

Brown, Joshua   RD NHL Signed 30 UFA
UFA

Dermott, Travis   LD/RD NHL Signed 27 UFA
UFA

Capitalize how? Its not like Vancouver has a wealth of excess NHL quality D to use as trade chips.  Utah also has lots of cap space.  They can easily get their rfa's signed and go shopping in the ufa market. They can outbid for guys like Zadorov if they want to.  

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, qwijjibo said:

Capitalize how? Its not like Vancouver has a wealth of excess NHL quality D to use as trade chips.  Utah also has lots of cap space.  They can easily get their rfa's signed and go shopping in the ufa market. They can outbid for guys like Zadorov if they want to.  

Hronek, depending on the return and if he wants 8 mill or not

Edited by Visp

18 hours ago, canucks curse said:

To VAN

Sean Durzi

Lawson Crouse

To UTAH

Hronek

Hoglander

we're giving up way more here. Hoglander is still coming into his best game and just scored 20. Hronek is better then Durzi by a bit (I just don't want to pay him 7.5+ million). 

In terms of the Petey trade to Utah, yeah they say no. That haul is wild. Also I don't want to trade Petey. Still think he is elite and will get better (similar to how Miller is much better all around now then he was at 25). 

I hadn't considered the idea of an EP trade, as he was supposed to be the team's

franchise player.  I have no doubt that he will return to his greatness after an

offseason of training.  He always seems to bounce back.

I find it strange that his NMC doesn't kick in until the second year of his contract.

17 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

I hadn't considered the idea of an EP trade, as he was supposed to be the team's

franchise player.  I have no doubt that he will return to his greatness after an

offseason of training.  He always seems to bounce back.

I find it strange that his NMC doesn't kick in until the second year of his contract.

You can only have movement clauses on ufa years.  The first year counts as a rfa year

• Upvote 1

On 5/21/2024 at 9:22 PM, canucks curse said:

To VAN

Sean Durzi

Lawson Crouse

To UTAH

Hronek

Hoglander

I’d do this deal in a heartbeat. Durzi is underrated. Put him with Hughes and he’s getting 50-60 points easy. 

Crouse is a beast. The perfect power forward for Petey. I’d even add to get this deal done. 

On 5/21/2024 at 9:22 PM, canucks curse said:

To VAN

Sean Durzi

Lawson Crouse

To UTAH

Hronek

Hoglander

Would do this all day but I don't think Utah does it unless we add.

Durzi and Hronek is a wash with Durzi probably having a lower cap. Crouse has more value than Hoglander right now.

They'd probably want a B+ prospect added to even out value wise, but even then, not sure why they'd pull this deal on their end. No real value added for them, but we get a PF for Petey.

55 minutes ago, T. Demko said:

Durzi and Hronek is a wash with Durzi probably having a lower cap. Crouse has more value than Hoglander right now.

They'd probably want a B+ prospect added to even out value wise, but even then, not sure why they'd pull this deal on their end. No real value added for them, but we get a PF for Petey.

On their board their fans would think we add. On our board our fans think they add. Our fans, of course, are correct. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, T. Demko said:

To Arizona:

Thatcher Demko

Filip Hronek

To Vancouver:

Lawson Crouse

Maveric Lamoureux

Arizona 2024 1st (6th overall)

I would then shop the 6th overall pick to get a top 4 RHD to play with Hughes. 

To Columbus:

Arizona 2024 1st (6th overall)

To Vancouver:

David Jiricek 

Hughes         Jiricek 

Zadorov        Willander 

Pettersson    Lamoureux 

Oh baby, our defence is set for the next decade. 

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Cheers 1