Run that shit back (Proposal)

We could literally run that back right now. We have the cap for both Lindholm and Zad present and future. I think this team. With an offseason to build would be so much better than what we saw this year.  

Lindholm and Zad were beauties for us. There is no one on the market right now that are better for our team. 

Suter Miller Boeser

Hog Lindy Pete

Dak Blueger Garland

Bains Aman PDG 

Hugs Hronek

Zaddy Myers

Saucy Juuls

I really don't see any names floating around that make us better. 

Dillon is Zad lite, We have Marshessault at home, the terrible Tara's no thanks.  If their still pining for a winger come mid season/DL  more intersting options may become available. 

Personally I'm not too excited about the opening of FA. We just got rid of Mikheyev. 

5 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

We could literally run that back right now. We have the cap for both Lindholm and Zad present and future. I think this team. With an offseason to build would be so much better than what we saw this year.  

Lindholm and Zad were beauties for us. There is no one on the market right now that are better for our team. 

Suter Miller Boeser

Hog Lindy Pete

Dak Blueger Garland

Bains Aman PDG 

Hugs Hronek

Zaddy Myers

Saucy Juuls

I really don't see any names floating around that make us better. 

Dillon is Zad lite, We have Marshessault at home, the terrible Tara's no thanks.  If their still pining for a winger come mid season/DL  more intersting options may become available. 

Personally I'm not too excited about the opening of FA. We just got rid of Mikheyev. 

I feel the same about most of the UFAwingers outside of the upper echelon. 
PA with cap flexibility is more valuable to this team than Jeff Skinner any day. 
‘We do need another couple NHl D, vet backup and at least another established forward, hopefully of the power variety. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/22/2024 at 10:13 AM, Alflives said:

You’re not totally wrong. Yes, it takes a full team to win the Cup. But that Cup winner has key guys they must have healthy to win. Does Vegas win without Eichel and Petrangelo? Does Tampa win without Hedman and Vasileski? It’s very rare a club wins the Cup without a couple key guys in playing healthy. That’s just how it is. Guys like Zadorov, Lindholm, Garland are interchangeable parts. There are other guys like them. Demko, Hughes, Petey are the rare ones. Clearly JR/PA identified Miller (over Fat Wallet) as a key guy too. 
You don’t need to like this reality. It’s just what it is. Fact. 

Old thread but saw this.    You're correct, we do need a healthy Demko to win a cup.   The games I watched last playoffs, even without EP going (his role if anything, was I guess to not get scored on?) and QHs getting pounded into submission while his partner lost his go to move, which was give QHs the puck ... it was Zadarov and Lindholm and the Garden Gnome who truly shone.   And Brock.   And Miller did his job well too.   They might be the best players, that's fine, and usually you need those guys going to win.   The supporting cast is vital though, and chemistry isn't an easy thing to find in this league.   

Turns out they did feel the same way too.  Both Lindholm (7 x 7) and Zadarov, were offered deals after Hronek was done.    Allvin had his limits, they were over those limits.    Joshua was a monster hitter, he's back so the Good Job Boys,  Thirst line stays intact.  

Do agree with the sentiment, adding Miller, Hronek and Debrusk into the equation.   Pretty hard not to consider anyone on a 6-8 year deal not core.    Each player brings something special to the table.    

As for QHs and Hronek.   They both had their game taken away from them using pressure.   Vegas gave them some information.    They purposely threw the puck in QHs corner, and in Stetchers corner and came in hitting.    Took away space and time.   QHs took a beating, and by game 3-4 in NSH, had to stop skating with the puck, and instead started to make quick short passes out of self preservation.   They actually did a better job then EDM, at this, but EDM took this information, and again used it as a tactic.    We can fully expect, from here on out, QHs to have a massive target on his back.

Said this when we drafted him and when we drafted EP, this JB team doesn't have the right supporting cast for these small/slight skilled players, especially in the post season.   Where's the size in the lineup and where's the toughness!   Zippity do da fuck all.   Some CDCers felt guys like Pearson and Toffoli were "gritty and tough" made me cringe.   They definitely are not.   No "pack" mentality available for Green to use. Miller,   Myers and that's about it  Thank God, JR/Allvin/Tochett know better.    Now our team is much bigger and has a modicum of real  grit, and toughness.  

To me Zadarov would have been on the top of the list.   Before Hronek even.   Sure hope he doesn't take it to another level, the one we saw in the playoffs, in Boston, would have given him the extra year given his age.   Anyways that's not happening, and if we did that deal, would consider him core in the same way Bieksa was core for the Sedins.   Zadarov COULD have become a legend for us.    Trust that Allvin made the right decision, but have my doubts.   Those guys are unique, and don't grow on trees.    

Personally felt Zadarov (played both sides) was a perfect partner for QHs.  

Now instead, we've got to cross our fingers, and pray to the hockey gods, that QHs body can make it through 82 regular season games, and 4 full rounds of playoffs.    Sure would hate to see a talent like his, only play a decade or so of hockey.    He hasn't had to deal with playoffs much.    Boqvist, the player that was debated his draft year, of the two little PMD's, would be better, has struggled his entire career to stay healthy in CLB.    It's a little nerve racking that we have to pray and rely on the hockey gods, that EP, QHs and Demko (all come with ? marks)  to carry the mail in the post season.  

Allvin obviously feels the same with the type of guys he brought in, they are to the letter, not here for the regular season.   They didn't knee jerk.    It's not going to work every time, bringing in players during the season and at the TDL.    Sure hope the next time they target something, and it works out great for the team, that they can then add it.   Maybe Zadarov had the best post season of his life and peaked.   Or maybe Boston just stole the next Chara-lite.   Took him a long time to find his footing too.   

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

18 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Now instead, we've got to cross our fingers, and pray to the hockey gods, that QHs body can make it through 82 regular season games, and 4 full rounds of playoffs.    Sure would hate to see a talent like his, only play a decade or so of hockey.    He hasn't had to deal with playoffs much.    Boqvist, the player that was debated his draft year, of the two little PMD's, would be better, has struggled his entire career to stay healthy in CLB.    It's a little nerve racking that we have to pray and rely on the hockey gods, that EP, QHs and Demko (all come with ? marks)  to carry the mail in the post season. 

Yeah Housley never became a playoff guy.  For that matter neither did some other great Ds like Borje Salming really.  Hopefully Hughes figures it out and finds that inner Paul Reinhart.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

• 2 months later...
On 7/23/2024 at 7:12 AM, Kevin Biestra said:

Yeah Housley never became a playoff guy.  For that matter neither did some other great Ds like Borje Salming really.  Hopefully Hughes figures it out and finds that inner Paul Reinhart.

Teams need their Lowes', Huddy's,  Ramage and even Ellet type's to truly shine come the second season.    Sure glad we have Foote too.