(Poll] On this no ex Nucks UFA list, which player(s) could arouse interest for you? Multiple choices allowed

On this UFA list, which player could arouse interest for you? Multiple choices allowed  

60 members have voted

1. 1. On this no ex nucks UFA list, which player(s) could arouse interest for you?

• Steven Stamkos
    • Jake Guentzel
    • Jake Debrusk
    • Adam Henrique
    • Anthony Mantha
    • Tyler Bertuzzi
    • Shayne Gostisbehere
    • Tyler Toffoli
    • Jason Zucker
    • Teuvo Teravainen
    • Brandon Montour
    • Blake Wheeler
    • Sean Monahan
    • Max Domi
    • Vladimir Tarasenko
    • Brett Pesce
    • Chris Tanev
    • Martin Necas
    • Anthony Duclair
    • Matt Duchesne

Posted (edited)

I let Canucks UFA outside the poll (that's what i mean by no ex canucks list). 
this list misses some names here and there, but i reach the max of options available at 20. 

Edited by DexM94

Posted (edited)

Jake Guentzel 

Since it's proposals might as well go all in. Trade Pettersson, trade Hronek, trade or buy out Mikheyev, let Myers walk, let Cole walk. Sign Guentzel, sign Tanev or Pesce, sign Zadorov, sign Lindholm, sign Joshua, sign Silovs. Duchene would be a decent option at a good price as well.

Edited by Canucks164cup
  • Cheers 1

Tanev - Hughes partner if Hronek's asking too much.

Tofu/Guentzel - Top 6 finisher

DeBrusk - Younger grinding middle 6W. Tough to play against with offensive upside

Necas - Not a UFA (RFA). Just starting to hit his prime years. Rumored to be on the way out of Carolina. Depends on what we have to give up to get him.

A lot of these draw “interest” but who can we afford that fills a true need. For the most part I like our guys better if they don’t want to be overpaid. I put Tanev and Toffoli as we knkw exactly what they bring but still only at the right price. 

I'm not interested in expensive UFAs.  I like Vatrano, Debrusk and Duclair as forwards.

Need more defensive options on the list.  I like Gustafsson, Shultz and Matt Roy.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

Imagine next year;

Hughes Pesce

Zadorov Hronek

Sousy  Willander

Also love me some Tanev!  More than happy to have him back!  

Happy, very happy to pay Pesce in lieu of even a vastly improved this year Myers.  Whooda thunk he would last all 5 years here BTW, say 2 years ago? Tanev again...

At forward I also backed acquiring Adam Henrique at the deadline.  I was fine, am fine, with Lindholm, actually the better player.  Just believed Henrique would be in our re-sign range which, sorta, still holds true now!  It just serves that it is great to have a 3C capable of defensive draws, and fiery attitude. Saves having our top lines dragged in to McDavid / MacKinnon match ups.  

I would inquire about swapping Mikhey for Josh Anderson. Or something like that? If we can make a hockey trade to move Mik I would be very interested.  Anderson was snake bit this year. Could be a buy low candidate. He racked up a good amount of hits drew a ton of PIMs. He would put up 20-30g in our top 6 and could be a great fit with either Pete Miller. Or possibly on our 3rd as Dakota insurance if contract negotiations are far apart. Is Tom wilson available could give the caps a call? Ovie has to be considering retirement soon I doubt they get a whiff of another cup? Would love to get Beck Malenstyne too but not for our top 6. 

If this is the style Tocc is going to play in the playoffs a finess scoring winger will die on the vine. My opinion we need a crash bang winger to create a lil chaos down low for Pete to make plays in tight. Pete thrives in the scramble. Mik is too passive he doesn't create anything and cant finish doesn't hit and when Pete get's him the puck in a scoring position he can't finish. I get it coaches like him because his fundamental game is solid but he's basically a NPC. 

2 hours ago, higgyfan said:

I'm not interested in expensive UFAs.  I like Vatrano, Debrusk and Duclair as forwards.

Need more defensive options on the list.  I like Gustafsson, Shultz and Matt Roy.

i 1000% agree with this sentiment

PA/JR already proved they can find diamonds in the 2-3m range. 

Soucy is a proper top4 defenseman, we got him for 3m. 

Vatrano and Duclair i could see being reasonably priced and having potential to outperform the contract

with dollars so tight thats how we have to look at it

guentzel is a great player but is he more likely to ourperform or underperform a 9m/year deal? my thoughts are underperform. 

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Iron Fist said:

Tofolli is an ex canuck, so is Tanev. your missing Reinhart

I let Reinhart on purpose, because I don’t see him as a real option available.

and no Toffoli and Tanev are not 2023-24 Canucks, i’m talking about Myers and Lindholm.

Edited by DexM94

8 hours ago, AngryGoose said:

Brendon Dillon should be on the list imo

edit: and Chandler Stephenson

and many others, but i had only 20 choices allowed.

• Cheers 1