Congrats Coach Tocchet!!! - Jack Adams Winner 2023/24

I just said this in the PGT but its maybe the most important signing of JR/PA so far.

Including Petey.  As he may not even have re-signed if it were still Bumbling Benning here.

• Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

52 minutes ago, NoHeart said:

He is only going to get better. 

That's a very valid comment. Coaches, like players, should be doing whatever they can to improve their craft each year. Management would be smart to write that into their contracts and perhaps offer incentives. Tocchet seems like the type to take advantage of the off-season to further develop his coaching chops and gain more knowledge.

Would have been completely shocked if he didn't win.

Well deserved, he is the best coach we've had here since Willi...... I mean Pat Quinn.

It's been awhile since I've been looking forward to the next season this much. The right changes to the lineup and this core can go all the way.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

So glad Rick decided to get into Coaching and not opening a spaghetti restaurant 😉

congrats , very well deserved.

there was no doubt..

Breaking that spaghetti in half was sacrilegious.

• Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, PeteyBoeser said:

So there’s no award show in Vegas?they used to have winners at the award shows. I’m confused 

Yes, there is. At the Fontainebleau Hotel in Vegas on June 27th. The next day is the first round of the draft, from the Sphere in Vegas.

Edited by Curmudgeon
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

Would have been completely shocked if he didn't win.

Well deserved, he is the best coach we've had here since Willi...... I mean Pat Quinn.

It's been awhile since I've been looking forward to the next season this much. The right changes to the lineup and this core can go all the way.

We've had three Jack Adams trophy winners in Canucks history.  All three could fight (some alot better than others).  hmmmmmmm.

7 minutes ago, AAA said:

Curious if people who win these NHL awards get other rewards/$$$ as well?

not really until the next time their contract is up.